Katiebug2003
SuperAwesomeMusician

Do sports stars get paid too much money?

Katiebug2003 has forfeited round #4.
Started: 10/4/2017 Category: Sports

Katiebug2003

Con

No,they do not a lot of people may argue that for example football is just a sport used to intertane people but prostitutes entertain people and no one is saying they get paid too much
SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate! I'm looking forward to a great discussion!

To begin this debate, I would like to propose a few rules to my opponent, since she has just put an argument and nothing else. I would suggest this round be for acceptance and first arguments, while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds be for rebuttals, and the 5th round for final arguments and conclusions. Evidence and citations will follow as necessary. Again, this is just a suggestion, and since I'm not the one who started this debate, I don't make the final decision. This is just to try and get as much out of this debate as possible.

My beginning argument as to why sports starts ARE paid too much is because they do not play a notably significant role in our society. Yes, they are part of a huge entertainment community, but this does not mean that they should be paid as they are. The reason I say this is because if we take a look at more significant roles in our society, such as doctors, they are paid a lot as well. But they are working to better humanity as a whole, while sports starts are just playing a game for people to watch. Doctors, who work towards a better community for all, should be paid a lot. Athletes, who play games for the entertainment of others, should not be paid the way they are right now.

I would like to with my opponent the best of luck, and I look forward to hearing her responses!
Katiebug2003

Con

Thank you for your feedback I will consider it .
I understand that that my argument is very weak but may we please remember I am only 15.And this is my first year in debate, with that said let us continue.
I agree with some of what you said but consider this.
Yes doctors do get paid a lot because they do stuff like brain surgery etc. But sports stars with all of their injuries pay the medical bill that lets doctors, brain surgeons etc keep there job so there for sports stars should get paid more money paying for surgery on all those injuries is quite expensive.
SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

I think it's really cool that my opponent is starting to debate at this age! We all argue when we are very young, but formal debating such as this is something I haven't seen in the younger ages. I would like my opponent to know that she has some to a great place to practice her debating skills, and I wish her luck in her future debates!

Now to get on to the arguments. While my opponent does make a good point that athletes will need extra money to pay for surgeries, this does not apply to all athletes. Regardless of the ones that do need frequent surgeries, evidence shows that sports stars are paid much more than what is needed to compensate for surgeries. Whether or not sports stars should get paid extra to compensate for surgeries is a discussion for a different debate.

According to Men'sFitness, many athletes make well past the millions annually. "Athletes from 11 sports made the Forbes list, with the world"s 100 highest-paid athletes earning a combined $2.6 billion in salaries, bonuses, prize money, appearance fees and endorsements. LeBron James, coming in number four with $53 million, led the 13 basketball players that made the cut. Football, though, dominated the earnings field, with 30 players showing up on the list. In spite of a neck injury, Peyton Manning beat out the rest, coming in number 10 with $42.4 million" (5-7).

Such earnings are much more than needed to account for any type of medical bills. Furthermore, this money is being thrown at people who, as stated earlier, do not give back significantly to society. This money should be given to our teachers, engineers, doctors, and all others who work for the better of communities. Not to mention that $50 million is just ridiculous in my opinion.

I look forward to my opponent's responses!

Source:
http://www.mensfitness.com...
Katiebug2003

Con

I know this isn't much of an argument but thank you I have had a really tuff day and um Iim sorry this argument isn't going to be very strong one of my friends OD and died so I have to help the family with a funeral thank you so much again for your support!!
okay Argument
Im sorry I can't really think strait so I think you won THIS round please accept my otology I am so sorry I can't I am literally am crying so um yeah I know that your not supposed to bring emotion into the debate but I'm so sorry I am not in the mood for rules and again thank you for the support!!!
SuperAwesomeMusician

Pro

I would like my opponent to know that I am deeply sorry for her loss. She and her family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Since she has not put in her continuing arguments, I will continue with just a few thoughts so as to not have her overloaded with rebuttals when she is ready to continue this debate.

The amount of money that sports starts are paid is just ridiculous. No one needs that much money. They could make half the money that they currently do, and still afford a nice house with many possessions, and cover all of the medical bills they may encounter. I feel that all of that extra money should be going to our teachers who literally shape our future generations and are paid very poorly.
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Sorry I didn't post in time!!
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Sorry I didn't post in time!!
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Alright that means I am not completely insane. Best friend Nephi was messing with my phone.
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Posted by SuperAwesomeMusician 9 months ago
SuperAwesomeMusician
Comments like to post themselves repeatedly for some reason, it's doing it to me too.
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
I am so so sorry my friend got on my account and posted it repeatedly
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
So sorry my friend came and started typing things I would like to apologize for his immaturity
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003
Okay I am really embarrassed friend started posting things I apologize for his immaturity
Posted by Katiebug2003 9 months ago
Katiebug2003