Natalie1234
kylerez

Do teachers teach way to much?

Natalie1234

Pro

Yes, I think teachers teach way to much, beacuse half the things we learn we won't even need in life. It's not like on my resume I'm gonna write I know how to play jingle bells. It's not like that's gonna help me in any way if I want to be a lawyer for example. But the point is teachers teach way to much.
kylerez

Con

No, teachers do not teach too much. Certain fields require different things and school helps you obtain the knowledge to solve certain problems associated with your field in the near future.

" It's not like on my resume I'm gonna write I know how to play jingle bells. It's not like that's gonna help me in any way if I want to be a lawyer for example.'"

Of course not, but if you're trying to become a musician, instrumental artist, or just something pertaining to music... that "lesson" in which you learned "Jinglebells" could help you. Teachers are instructed to teach you certain things to get you ready for ANYTHING. You may believe a math lesson is absurd but for people planning to become carpenters, architects, engineers, etc, that math lesson might be a bit more valuable.

"Yes, I think teachers teach way to much, because half the things we learn we won't even need in life"

As I just stated... maybe for YOU, half the things you learn wont help you... but teachers are NOT just teaching for you. What you might find a waste of time could help someone else out with their field. Also, I suppose you believe it's all coming from the teachers... It's their JOB, their paid duty to teach ALMOST EVERYTHING their administrators give to them. And if they were to miss something, and everyone were to do bad in the class... they could bite the bullet.

"But the point is teachers teach way to much."

That's practically an opinion. Perhaps you're just lazy and don't see the value. Besides, if you're going to blame anyone.. don't blame teachers.
Natalie1234

Pro

Natalie1234 forfeited this round.
kylerez

Con

kylerez forfeited this round.
Natalie1234

Pro

Natalie1234 forfeited this round.
kylerez

Con

kylerez forfeited this round.