strongandconfident
SJM

Do teaching styles affect grades and classroom behavior?

SJM

strongandconfident

Pro

teaching styles affect classroom grades and behaviours as a result of coverage of content done within the classroom, the likeliness of the students liking teacher and styles also has an effect on work, and could be disastrous if not to the liking of students.

keep it short and sweet guys
SJM

Con

My opponent would have to prove it by giving evidence that a teaching style no matter what students, would affect classroom grades because if not there is no way it could be proven that something was affected by the style of the teacher and not some other factor.
To my opponent's points, all he essentially did was repeat his claims and does not at all back up his claims with evidence. And what could be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
strongandconfident

Pro

I know from personal experience that when a teacher has an assertive teaching style, students will listen, follow and respect, therefore leaving a positive teacher-student relationship, and a classroom space for working and progress. With the wrong teaching style, students will display ignorance and rude behaviour with no respect for the teacher, leaving no work progress and ultimately resulting in the bad grades.

P.S- good point and btw, I am a girl, thank you for thinking of me as an equal.
SJM

Con

My opponent has done the anecdotal evidence fallacy in which someone states something from personal experience which can not be counted as evidence. Thus, I have refuted her last argument and extend everything I have said previously.
P.S. Ok my bad.
strongandconfident

Pro

Although I have made some prior faults and will take them on board, I fail to see the arguments my opposition has made, as there is no argument but just correction based on my statements.

In conclusion the way a teacher teaches may cover not crucial content needed for exams. Depending on styles of teaching, students will either feel let off the hook and behave badly or for example, a teacher has a strict style that students will then act upon and will not want to get in trouble from. thankyou.
SJM

Con

She commits another fallacy which is shifting the burden of proof. Since she is trying to prove the topic that teaching styles do affect..and etc, I don't need to put foward any argument as long as I have negated, which I have, as she has not been able to make an argument with support for the claim regarding previous arguments.
Her last point did not meet the requirement, which she conceded, which is the style would need to affect all students, some students aren't affected by strict teacher.
Posted by whiteflame 7 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: tejretics// Mod action: NOT Removed<

0 points awarded. Reasons for voting decision: Pro says teaching styles do affect classroom behavior giving examples of their own experience, which is clearly an appeal to authority fallacy but con doesnt call pro out on that!!!! fallacies are bad, but since con doesnt note that, I vote a tie

[*Reason for non-removal*] The voter does provide some feedback to the debaters, and as such, the vote is sufficient.
************************************************************************
Posted by whiteflame 7 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: TheWorldIsComplicated// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: This was a close debate. Pro says she has had a personal experience, but Con didn't really offer valid points. Good debate.

[*Reason for removal*] The voter is required to assess specific arguments made by both debaters in order to award argument points. The voter does so for neither debater, hence this is insufficient.
Posted by TheGrumpyPotato 8 months ago
TheGrumpyPotato
Con has forgotten to write a point
Posted by whiteflame 8 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: bearski/ Mod action: Removed<

0 points awarded. Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for removal*] Whether or not a voter awards points on a debate, if the debate requires an RFD, as this one does, the voter cannot leave this section blank.
***********************************************************************
Posted by bearski 8 months ago
bearski
I have looked at it again and Pro has provided a specific example which supports her position. In a sense it is weak because it is derived from persona experience and sources are thus not cited but it is something. If that is to be questioned then I would think the 2 points given to Con for more reliable sources should be questioned even more. As it is I will stick with what I decided.
Vote Placed by FurryDragon 4 months ago
FurryDragon
strongandconfidentSJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didnt prove his BOP, therefore, con wins.
Vote Placed by tejretics 7 months ago
tejretics
strongandconfidentSJMTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro says teaching styles do affect classroom behavior giving examples of their own experience, which is clearly an appeal to authority fallacy but con doesnt call pro out on that!!!! fallacies are bad, but since con doesnt note that, I vote a tie