kati1704
baconnelson

Do the English need to speak a foreign language when foreigners all speak English?

kati1704

Pro

English has become the world's most important international language. The number of people internationally who have at least some working knowledge of the language is about two billion. Do the English need to speak a foreign language if so many people across the world speak English?
baconnelson

Con

This debate made me laugh a little, but I don't understand your logic behind this.
I believe that the English shouldn't need to learn another language, for many reasons. As I read on Wikipedia, and several other places, English is the world wide language. People have the choice of learning English, and most choose to learn it because it's the international language. Learning a different language may be beneficial to some English people, but not all. The English don't NEED to learn another language, if their language is the international one.
kati1704

Pro

kati1704 forfeited this round.
baconnelson

Con

baconnelson forfeited this round.
kati1704

Pro

kati1704 forfeited this round.
baconnelson

Con

baconnelson forfeited this round.