Rahsmoove
ElCoyote

Do video game cause violence?

Started: 1/9/2014 Category: Games

Rahsmoove

Con

All studies were proven to beinvalid because:
a. It was just a small levels of aggression, due to frustration.
B. The gamers were mostly paid.
C. Sometimes researchers were so desperate, they would even run test on retarded people.

2. Comic books, and movies were blamed

3. Youth crimes are down since video games.

4. Japan, and The Netherlands citizens view and play more violent video games then US citizen and crime is very low there. But here crime is way higher.

5. Even most people who don't play video games, knows that video games are not responsible. If video Games cause violence, why didn't congress ban IT? Because, It's unconstitutional, and the idea makes no sense.

6. Many people would say:".... They enjoy playing these games and aren't honest about the harm they can cause."

I think people would see that happening.

7. The problem with people who blame video games for violence don't think normally. Out of:
Mental problems
Bad Parenting
Bullying
Low self-esteem
Depression

It has to be the video games?

8. No well-known video game store, I know of video would sell a rated M video game to a minor. In fact most encourage parents to use parental control which next gen or, middle age console.

All I hear about how the army has simulator suits, that are just like video games.
This is so inaccurate:
a. These simulation suits are for ACTUALLY training soldiers how to kill with combat, shooting techniques. With video games you, just move your thumbs.
B. These simulation test don't affect soldiers, and soldiers before they're enrolled in the army, they get a mental checkup.
C. Some games nowadays do require movement, but does:
MMA training make me a MMA fighter?
Does Black tail make me a soldier?
Does NFL 25 make me a football player?
Does Kinect adventure make me a great sports man?
No right, so how does GTA 5 make me a killer?

9. Violence has existed way before video games and TV were released.
Check the history ooks

10.Who's afraid of a gamer? No one.

11. There's too much proof that there's no evidence:

https://www.youtube.com...

http://www.forbes.com...

http://dailycaller.com...#!
ElCoyote

Pro

Video games influence people to do things they wouldn't normally do there are many stories in which people go out and commit crimes because they've seen it on video games and looked "Fun" as well as today's people are affected by the media and teenagers would do random and potentially dangerous things because of "YOLO" which we've seen many stories and experiences.
GTA depicts you running around killing people left and right and basically doing whatever you want so somebody who might not be mentally stable will be interested in doing this himself and begin a crime scene in which many people would end up hurt.
Not saying all video games are bad they offer some good things; stress relief and a way to escape reality, but there are people out there that aren't trusted and will bring this "escape" into reality.
The things depicted in games can also influence young children or people seeing drugs, alcohol, murder, etc. can possibly make theem think it's ok to do those things and then perform said things which might cost alot of money to repair
Rahsmoove

Con

1.Everyone commits crimes, and there are little stories of people blaming video games.
a. GTA 5 was blamed for 2 shootings, The sandy hook massacre and the navy yard shooting. But you want to want's extremely weird about this accusation, GTA 5 was not released at the time the sandy hook massacre, and the navy yard shooter had the skills to pull it off the attack. So he was taught how to kill people by military like training, by a real person.

b. People blame video games sometimes, so they don"t have to take responsibility. But guess what? The government never falls for their foolish accusations.

c. Let me bring up this case, and see if any of you believe this idiot of kid:
http://www.smosh.com...
I personally don"t believe that kid at all. So kid goes on a plane that takes him from Minneapolis to Las Vegas, and he says he thought he was playing GTA 5? Right" he just didn't want to get in trouble, but he failed in the process

d. 4. Japan, and The Netherlands citizens view and play more violent video games then US citizen and crime is very low there. But here crime is way higher.
"GTA depicts you running around killing people left and right and basically doing whatever you want so somebody who might not be mentally stable will be interested in doing this himself and begin a crime scene in which many people would
end up hurt."

2.Sure, and NBA 2k14 makes me a professional basketball player. The one thing you did say that was accusation was:

"somebody who might not be mentally stable will be interested"
Yes exactly, not somebody with sense. But if you assume video games make people violent what video games did these groups/people play?
The KKK in the 1900
Napoleon Bonaparte
Ivan The terrible
The Bloods in the 60"s
The Crips in the 60"s
King Hennery the 8
King James
The people who enslaved the Africans
Nazi Germany
Adolf Hitler
The Huns
The Romans
The America Mafia in the 30"s in 40"s
Cleopatra
I could go on forever
If your assumption was true we"d see that.

3.Most kids, don"t reenact games this generation. In fact most kids are too mature, for their own ages.
Besides youth crimes down:
http://www.forbes.com...

I"m sorry but your entire argument is completely shut down.
ElCoyote

Pro

ElCoyote forfeited this round.
Rahsmoove

Con

Rahsmoove forfeited this round.
ElCoyote

Pro

ElCoyote forfeited this round.