rajagopal23295
Multi-Wargasm

Do we agree?

rajagopal23295

rajagopal23295

Con

The first round will be acceptance.
rajagopal23295

Con

Well, I begin by stating that I do not agree, because if we do agree, there will be nothing to debate about. The obvious question arises, "agree to what?". I say, I do not agree to anything that my worthy opponent says, even if his statements describe me using all the positive adjectives in the English dictionary, though the probability of that happening is minimal. I do not agree that we agree, simply because I don't want to agree. If I ask my opponent if he agrees to whatever I say, his answer could be a yes, or a no. If he agrees, then he accepts my point of view, that we do not agree. If he does not agree, well, that is my point - we do not agree. So, at this point, I would like to ask my worthy opponent, do you agree, that we do not agree?
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

I could agree that we do not agree, but, much to the contrary, I would disagree that we would agree that we do not agree. That is the only what I agree with. If con disagrees that we agree, I am forced to agree that we do not agree, but, just like con, I choose to disagree simply because I want to. By that rationale, con cannot disagree that I disagree as it is up to me to choose whether or not I disagree and I do. Would con disagree with this?
rajagopal23295

Con

So Pro chooses to disagree. Well that makes him con, doesn't it? Thanks for the support mate. I'm delighted to continue to disagree with you. As a matter of fact, I might also add that in the process of trying to convince me to agree with you, you ended up disagreeing, which was basically supposed to be my stance. Please stick to agreement, as it's my job to disagree and yours to make me agree as well.
Multi-Wargasm

Pro

Con believes I am also con, which is not only objectively false, but it suggests that he believes that we both hold the same stance on the debate and, thus, this could be utilised to the effect that we do agree. However, I shall refrain. Con makes the assumption that I have to "convince" him to establish that we agree. If this is the belief he holds then this entire debate has no rational meaning and, as such, con's argument has no rational basis. Much to the contrary, I am here to establish that we do agree, whether or not con wants to and con has clearly outlined that he does not want to. Again, this is where con's argument is flawed. Con also states that I choose to disagree and am supporting him, when in reality I am disagreeing with the fact that we agree that we disagree. If I did not take this stance, I would be acknowledging that we do not agree.
Con does not explicitly disagree with my argument, but actually thanks me for support and acknowledges me as a friend. Judging his sentiment and lack of disagreement, I would suggest the alternative that con does agree with me. Thus, I believe I make a compelling argument that we agree, despite the fact that neither of us wish to.
Posted by zrg4848 3 years ago
zrg4848
It's a debate on if they agree on the issue of if they agree about the issue of if the agree.... (trails off into madness)
Posted by Multi-Wargasm 3 years ago
Multi-Wargasm
ha, me too
Posted by rajagopal23295 3 years ago
rajagopal23295
Whatever may the outcome be, this debate was fun. Looking forward to more fun moments, Multi-Wargasm.
Posted by rajagopal23295 3 years ago
rajagopal23295
I basically am trying to find out how easy/difficult it is to strike an agreement between any two people, not necessarily on a specific issue. People may be reluctant to agree, despite supporting a particular issue that the person standing opposite raises. Just wanted to have some fun, in the simplest of terms.
Posted by MaxLascombe 3 years ago
MaxLascombe
It makes total sense now!
Posted by rajagopal23295 3 years ago
rajagopal23295
That's the whole point of the debate. Do we agree or not?
Posted by MaxLascombe 3 years ago
MaxLascombe
What exactly do you agree on?
Vote Placed by zrg4848 3 years ago
zrg4848
rajagopal23295Multi-WargasmTied
Reasons for voting decision: That was the most fantastical thing I have ever seen but I believe that by making Con agree that they both disagree he loses because they agree.
Vote Placed by Josh_b 3 years ago
Josh_b
rajagopal23295Multi-WargasmTied
Reasons for voting decision: There is no debate when there agreement.
Vote Placed by TorqueDork 3 years ago
TorqueDork
rajagopal23295Multi-WargasmTied
Reasons for voting decision: I disagree