LeonMcG
rdococ

Do we exist?

rdococ

LeonMcG

Con

I will be arguing that we do not exist. I might not be arguing that we do not exist in fact there is no evidence that i am as nobody can actually prove that this was or was not typed or dictated to someone by me. I have no actual proof of my existence and am seeking an answer. Cogito ergo sum is not satisfactory for it proves nothing for what is to think was Descartes the only one who ever thought and are we all merely a figment of his reality.
My opponent must try to answer these questions thank you.
rdococ

Pro

I will be arguing that in our virtual worlds, our characters exist (Mario exists even if it's just a jumble of binary information), thus even if we're in a virtual world we still exist.
LeonMcG

Con

Your argument makes no sense as you have not given any justification of Mario's existence. I still believe that this is not an existence. I may not be master of my fate or i might be but i just don't know if we really existed. Please respond with a better answer.
rdococ

Pro

There are many games involving Mario and they are all imprinted onto various storage methods. Thus these games exist as they are stored in the world; and thus everything in the game must exist too.

Likewise, there is a world involving us and they are all imprinted onto various storage methods in the multiverse. Thus life exists as it is stored in the multiverse; and everything in life must exist too.

If there is no storage method system involving physical material; then I ask you, if we are just dreaming life, then how do we see our dreams? They must exist in our true world's brain; thus you cannot deny that dreams do not exist, because if they do you'd be saying that debate.com doesn't exist either.
LeonMcG

Con

LeonMcG forfeited this round.
rdococ

Pro

Why have you forfeited?!

I guess I will finish the last round if you have no arguments.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 3 years ago
bladerunner060
LeonMcGrdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct for the forfeit. S&G and sourcing was equal enough. As to arguments: Pro actually made a compelling case that even if the "we" that exists is fundamentally different than we "think" it is, there would still be a form of "we" that exists; his Mario analogy is quite good. Arguments to Pro. As always, happy to clarify this RFD.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
LeonMcGrdococTied
Reasons for voting decision: Thanks con, for helping pro do his homework. Anyways conduct for forfeit, argument for no contest (the instigator did nothing to suggest we or Mario do not exist), perhaps if he first defined existence this could have been another matter...