Pickle_Lorde
TheRussian

Do we really require school.

TheRussian

Pickle_Lorde

Con

I believe that we do not require to be educated. This is because first of all, statistics show that 60% of middle-aged Americans that have a job work in the food industry in one way or another. FOOD DOES NOT REQUIRE A DEGREE IN SCIENCE AND ONLY BASIC MATH (if there's no cash register)
TheRussian

Pro

"This is because first of all, statistics show that 60% of middle-aged Americans that have a job work in the food industry in one way or another."
I request a source for this information.

"FOOD DOES NOT REQUIRE A DEGREE IN SCIENCE AND ONLY BASIC MATH (if there's no cash register)"
I'm a little confused as to what exactly you mean by this. There are many other degrees outside of the science field. I agree, however, that before being consumed, food such as hamburgers and french fries do not need to have a degree.

Overall, I completely disagree with your position. First of all, if education is not required, then not many (if any) people would take it upon themselves to be educated. As a result, the economy would crumple quickly as the nation would not have any professionals to create new technology or advance business.

Secondly, by "education", are you referring to all pre-college education? K-12?
Pickle_Lorde

Con

Pickle_Lorde forfeited this round.
TheRussian

Pro

Extend. My opponent has not yet provided any real arguments, nor has he refuted any of mine.
Pickle_Lorde

Con

Pickle_Lorde forfeited this round.
TheRussian

Pro

I am disappointed that the debate didn't really happen as I was interested in hearing a case from Con on this topic.
Posted by U.n 1 year ago
U.n
Is this your lifelong dream and ambition, to be a fry cook at your local McDonald's?
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 1 year ago
LostintheEcho1498
Pickle_LordeTheRussianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Two rounds of forfeiture by Con gives conduct to Pro. Arguments also go to Pro as he successfully rebuts Con's initial arguments of statistical proof as well as not needing a degree which are never revised due to concession. Sources and spelling/grammar to neither with no sources and no clear violation of too many spelling/grammar errors.