Do women have to obey their husband and do everything and anything the husband says to do?

I think that women shouldn't ask their husband to do something or to ask if they can spend money. I know that women wouldn't want to do everything the husband says because he might push her button to far.

I would like to thank my opponent for creating this debate. This
should be fun! Before I begin, let's be clear what we're debating:

As my opponent is the instigator, and the one who has made the positive claim, he has the full burden of proof. I'm order to win this debate, he must provide evidence that women "have to" obey their husbands and do everything they say. I don't have to prove they don't. Asking someone to prove a negative is unfair.

Since my opponent didn't offer any definitions, I would be happy to do
so. For the purpose of this debate, these are the definitions we will
be working with.

1. Have To

"Have to" is used to express certainty, necessity, and obligation.

This answer has to be correct. certainty
The soup has to be stirred continuously to prevent burning. necessity
They have to leave early. obligation. [1]

2. Everything

"every, thing or particular of an aggregate or total; all." [3]

As many of you probably know, "If the first Affirmative speaker fails
to define the resolution he or she must accept any reasonable
definitions proposed by the first Negative speaker. " [2] So
basically, my definition will be the official definition for the
purpose of this debate.

With this in mind, my opponent must offer evidence why wives with
"certainty, necessity, and obligation" must obey their husbands and do
"everything" their husbands say.

As my opponent has taken the Pro position, it is customary for him to
make his case first. I await his opening argument.

My opponent is simply just giving definition of each word that I had put in my statement. This topic is not only "fun" ,like my opponent had stated, but this issue is going on all over the world as we speak and I think that women shouldn't do or ask there husband for anything because basically the husband is treating the women as if she was a little child again.

So far, my opponent hasn't offered any evidence to support her claim, but has only made a bare assertion. As a courtesy, I would like to remind Pro that she has the full burden of proof, and as such, needs to make some kind of case if she intends to win this debate. The good news is, she still has one round left to do so.

I await her response.

Sanchez_5367 forfeited this round.

My opponent has left me with nothing to rebut. Since she had the full burden of proof, I win automatically. Having said that, I am still willing to offer my own case just for fun.

Remember, we're debating if wives "have to" obey their spouse. "Have to" means they don't have another option. But clearly they do have the choice to disobey. The article I source at the bottom of this round explains a situation where Afghan wives have the ability to disobey, and as a result, be deprived of food by their husbands. [1]

Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Thanks to Sanchez for creating this debate. It was interesting!
Posted by Iamright58 1 year ago
I think women should partially do what her husband asks. The least she can do is obey his demands without of course harming her, for example: the women should do what the husband ask's her to do in bed to satisfy him, since she is also his sexual partner. For example, refusing to have oral or anal sex with him would be a hypocrisy. Unless anal sex would hurt the women. The fact that the husband married the women is a very challenging job, he provides for her financially and is a protection for her. This is why she should obey him but not to an extreme point.
Posted by Sanchez_5367 1 year ago
And for everyone how views this and to the con I am a Female not a male.
Vote Placed by Kozu 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro adamantly believes that women *have* to obey their husbands. He never demonstrates how women have to do anything at all, he merely thinks they have to. Con gives a delightful example of muslim women being deprived of nourishment after having disobeyed their husbands. A clear negation of the resolution.