AveyC
josh.dinkus

Do you agree with Caitlyn Jenner's desicion

josh.dinkus

AveyC

Con

God created Caitlyn to be Bruce an Olympic athlete. I am a practicing Catholic and I believe we do not harm or mess up God's creations so I am opposed to her decision.
josh.dinkus

Pro

Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner is his/her own person. He/she has nothing to do with you or you with them. The decision they make is a personal one and they are entitled to do things to their own body as they wish, just as you might feel like getting a tattoo or piercing one day. No one should reject you for that the same way you shouldn't reject Jenner.
AveyC

Con

They may not have anything to do with me but they did it in the public eye. If anyone does anything in the public eye they should be able to take some slack for it. If I ever got a tattoo I would not do it in the public eye and if I did I would ponder the result.
josh.dinkus

Pro

You used the word slack in the wrong context first of all and secondly what I got from that statement is that you're a judgemental person and that when someone makes a public statement or appearance of any kind us as a society is supposed to discriminate and attack them? Nice.
AveyC

Con

I am not here to talk about my usage of words or correct usage of the word slack, I am here to talk about Caitlyn Jenner. Us as a society all have different feelings and emotions to different topics. We strongly feel different about a wide variety of topics. I am not judgmental but feel very strongly about Caitlyn's decision.
josh.dinkus

Pro

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but discrimination against an identifiable group such as LGBTQ is still a crime. Saying someone who has had a sex change is to "mess up God's creations" falls under such a category.
Posted by AveyC 2 years ago
AveyC
Because Caitlyn is Caitlyn. Bruce is Bruce. I will not call Caitlyn Bruce and Bruce Caitlyn.
Posted by Cicero66 2 years ago
Cicero66
You oppose the decision, yet oddly enough you accept it by using the female pronoun.
Vote Placed by Inquistive 2 years ago
Inquistive
AveyCjosh.dinkusTied
Reasons for voting decision: To Con's response to getting a tattoo in the public eye, it has been a struggle for Caitlyn to finally come out and get surgeries and accept herself, implying she did ponder it. Many celebrities have managers and staff to help them figure out public image and this transition is a huge public image factor. Con does not have the same views, beliefs or experiences as Caitlyn, making their "if I"s invalid. This was Caitlyn's choice and we are not her to make it for her. Pro's overall conduct, arguments and grammar were far more proficient as all arguments were explained and metaphors were used clearly and resourcefully helping their argument.
Vote Placed by Diqiucun_Cunmin 2 years ago
Diqiucun_Cunmin
AveyCjosh.dinkusTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con only made bare assertions - she claimed that Jenner was harming or messing with God's creations without evidence. However, Pro did not really argue against the motion, either. He simply stated that people 'should not' comment on people's personal decisions (R1), that disagreeing with the decision is 'not nice' (R2) and that it's illegal (R3), none of which are valid arguments to support Jenners' decision. Thus the debate is tied.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
AveyCjosh.dinkusTied
Reasons for voting decision: con just repeats the same argument over and over while pro points out that the people get to use their own choices, while con didn't really advocate for why god's choice is greater than the people's choice.