Tatiana_14
imnotacop

Do you consider teenagers children?

Tatiana_14

Con

Do you consider teenagers 13-17 children? If so, why? I hear a lot of adults that call us children or babies. I am 14, and I am not offended by it, but rather annoyed. We may be inexperienced in a lot of ways, but I personally don't think we're children. Of course adults feel this way because they are way older than us and feel as though we are oblivious to life, but it's not true.
imnotacop

Pro

There are different angles to this.

1-legally
Legally, you're not an adult until you're 18. So it would be fair to say that, if you have to get your smokes through a third party, you're not an adult.

2-medically
A-mentally
Our brains are actually constantly getting better or worse as you gain age depending on your current age. So, at your age, your brain is not fully developed. With that, we have different parts of our brain that handle different things. The lamen's way of looking at it is left brain and right brain. So, this will be simple. Our left brain deals with our logic, our right brain deals with emotion. Right now, your left brain is not as active as your right brain. Making things slightly more complicated. We also have a frontal lobe (think of this as the front brain). This is what really makes the decisions and makes us more cynical and less emotional.
All in all, you aren't fully mentally matured until you're in your 20's.

B-sexually
We are not fully sexually mature until we're 16-17.
So no, a young teenager (13-15) I would not consider an adult, but (16+) There's definitely an argument to be made that they're an adult.
Tatiana_14

Con

Tatiana_14 forfeited this round.
imnotacop

Pro

If I don't post this, i'll just keeping coming back to this, so this is my way of moving to the next round with out over-talking my opponent and keeping things fair. :)
Tatiana_14

Con

Tatiana_14 forfeited this round.
imnotacop

Pro

imnotacop forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
They are young adults. But that does not mean they are raised to be responsible adults.Most kids today are mostly entertained by parents. Not taught responsible behavior.That is why it is so wrong to push behavior on them that has dangerous consequences, like sex.Kids today get most of their education on the boob tube and video games. These outlets are not dedicated to child rearing. But to get more of your money.If it feels good ,do it, is the most irresponsible thing that we are teaching kids today. That comes from the hippy movement of the 60's. Those freaks put on a suit and tie and are now teaching our children in schools and media.California even elected "moonbeam" to the governor's office.
Posted by Kaynex 2 years ago
Kaynex
Trust me, when you're older, you'll feel as though you were a child. I know I currently do, despite thinking adultly of myself as a kid.