Lookingatissues
CosmoJarvis

Do you dare to publically say," 'Merry Christmas"

CosmoJarvis has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Lookingatissues

Con

I Believe that the" tolerant"' liberals have made the traditional greeting during Christmas time " Merry Christmas, "a greeting that few are brave enough to say openly on the streets of America.
When was the last time that you personally greeted someone with the Christmas greeting," Merry Christmas," was it because you were afraid that the tolerant liberals around you might censor and denigrate you for your expression of the traditional greetings. Was your fear that saying "Merry Christmas," to someone might make you appear unsophisticated and intolerant of others feelings. If you did greet someone with the greetings," Merry Christmas," did you anxiously look about you to see if the politically correct, "Thought Police," had caught you uttering those damning, unspeakable words in public. How dare you to be so offensive as to issue the traditional American Christmas greeting, "Merry Christmas." This is a test of the American people to discover if they are brave enough to resist the efforts of the ,Hate America, and all that it stands for, secularists atheists and progressives, How brave are you, do you dare buck the politically correct efforts to silence you at Christmas time, we're waiting for the answer from you Americans.
CosmoJarvis

Pro

I can say "Glory to Allah," and a liberal wouldn't try to assault me.

Stop putting your faith in those boondoggle papers about "LIBERALS WILL MURDER YOU IF YOU SAY 'MERRY CHRISTMAS"

I'm a liberal, and even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't feel offended by people saying "Happy holidays," or "Merry Christmas." And no, I do not attempt to murder people with that too.
Lookingatissues

Con

Round #2 by lookingattheissues on Debate.org Under Society Dec.23Rd.2016
previously Posted by CosmoJarvis ...PRO "...im triggered because Donald Dump said "merry christmas" and not "happy holidays." :(
lookingattheissues response, round two.
The greeting, " Happy Holidays, "is a generic term, "Happy Holidays," who's use is intended to take away the significance of all that the Christmas traditions are about.
The liberals, progressives,almost insist on the use of the generic term ," Happy Holidays," Why would progressives and others who also hate the tradition, the honoring of Christmas, prefer and insist on using the generic term, Happy Holidays." This generic greeting has no more importance than "the common greeting of 'Hi, or How are you, would have that's used everyday in greeting those you chance to meet and is a pedestrian rhetorical expression.
The tradition of Christmas hasn't survived this long to just be dispatched with a generic greeting of "Happy Holidays." The tradition of Christmas and its observance deserves and demands more respect be paid to those who hold special sentiments for Christmas and its celebration and no less respect and honor should be paid to Christmas than the honor paid to all other peoples and their traditional special times of the year.
The only reason to use the generic term, Happy Holidays," is to show the lack of esteem for the tradition of Christmas and a desire by progressives, the elite, to be dismissive of those who honor Christmas and relegate the tradition of Christmas to oblivion by denigrating all that is a part of the traditional Christmas celebration and its true meanings, The generic greeting, "Happy Holidays," is just another method of taking away the practices and traditions and honor of Christmas.
Posted by Lookingatissues 1 year ago
Lookingatissues
Posted by Sovcody2 6 hours ago

You replied," Merry christmas.
Receiving a traditional Merry Christmas greeting today is unique and shows a lot of respect for a long held important tradition of the American citizens
Posted by Lookingatissues 1 year ago
Lookingatissues
Posted by CosmoJarvis 5 hours ago

You replied,"dID YOU JUST SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS? **TRIGGERED**"
And Progressives are soo.... Tolerant and for freedom of speech until they hear the Christmas greeting, "Merry Christmas ."
Posted by Lookingatissues 1 year ago
Lookingatissues
Pro posted,"I'm a liberal, and even though I don't celebrate Christmas, I don't feel offended by people saying "Happy holidays," or "Merry Christmas." And no, I do not attempt to murder people with that too.."
Just as there are conservatives who differ in their level of conservatism I'm sure that there are different levels of liberal/ progressives. But all liberals, if they could, would completely do away with the public acknowledgement of Christmas. If there isn't a attempt to remove the pubic acknowledgement of the tradition of Christmas why is it that Liberal organizations such as the ACLU, Atheists, invest their time bringing suits against the practice and acknowledgement of the Christian traditional celebrations, not only those Christmas traditional celebrations in public. Liberals , as most people don't invest their time attempting to do something if they're not interested personally in accomplishing an objective.
Posted by Lookingatissues 1 year ago
Lookingatissues
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
I'm personally a Conservative-Libertarian, and yet I have liberal friends, doesn't seem to bother them so much. Then again, I'm Canadian, sorry, eh?
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
im triggered because Donald Dump said "merry christmas" and not "happy holidays." :(
Posted by CosmoJarvis 1 year ago
CosmoJarvis
dID YOU JUST SAY MERRY CHRISTMAS? **TRIGGERED**
Posted by Sovcody2 1 year ago
Sovcody2
Merry christmas.