abbybillings14
saphirarox

Do you like Hamilton The Musical or not?

saphirarox has forfeited round #3.
Started: 11/16/2016 Category: Music
Updated: 2 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

abbybillings14

Con

Yes I love this musical because it tells about The Founding Father Alexander Hamilton. It also tells about his past life, and it also tells how he died in a famous duel. I also love the characters in Hamilton. I also love the rapping in it to. I love this musical so much! I love all the songs. It's a fun musical!
saphirarox

Pro

The musical Hamilton is far more popular than it deserves to be. The songs are very repetitive, although catchy, and the historical information is often inaccurate. For example, Burr actually was Jefferson's vice president from 1801-1805, and Hamilton was actually elitist and didn't believe in the power and ability of the common man to vote. The musical is written to celebrate diversity, yet the subject matter is racist, sexist, discriminatory Founding Fathers. It makes no sense. At face value, the musical is interesting, but overall it is not good.
abbybillings14

Con

This musical is good because it's fun to learn more about Alexander Hamilton and how got married had kids and how his youngest son Philip Hamilton died in a duel and how Alexander Hamilton cheated on his wife and how also he died in a famous duel. This musical Hamilton is the hottest musical on Broadway and also the best known winning for Tony and Grammy award. It is also known as Brack Obama's favorite musical. How would you say it's not good? Its the best!!!! This musical is also known as the best for Hip-Pop and R&B and also know for the best rap.
saphirarox

Pro

It agree that it is fun to learn about Alexander Hamilton; however, some of the information is not historically correct. As I stated before, the play teaches that in the election of 1800, Aaron Burr was not Jefferson's vice president, but in reality he was Jefferson's vice president for his first term after the election of 1800. I will admit that the play is pleasant and many of the songs are catchy. I saw it live on Broadway in March and it was a nice experience. I just don't think it is as good or revolutionary as the general public seems to think it is. It is not the first play of its kind either; there are plenty of musicals about history, even one about President Andrew Jackson called "Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson." It's decent, but not awesome.
abbybillings14

Con

It is a fun musical I agree to. I haven't seen Hamilton yet on Broadway. I will next year in March for my birthday. I know that this musical is based on Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow the book. I haven't read the book yet but I will when i get it. The U.S. Treasury Department was going to take Alexander Hamilton off the $10 dollar bill because they thought that Hamilton wasn't special anymore. But now the changed their minds because of Hamilton the musical. Why would the U.S. Treasury Department do that anyway? I don't know. So Hamilton stays the same. I find Hamilton so fun. I would rate Hamilton five stars. It's the most wonderful musicals I ever listen to.
Posted by abbybillings14 2 weeks ago
abbybillings14
This is a debate. It is to see how people like Hamilton The Musical.
Posted by sboss18 2 weeks ago
sboss18
This is not a debate topic.