abbiperez14
debatable1999

Do you like the old Miley Cyrus or the new one?

debatable1999
Started: 11/14/2013 Category: Music

abbiperez14

Con

Now I know that Miley Cyrus has changed a lot! Tell me what you think about the new her?!
debatable1999

Pro

I think that the new image of her hasn't really been accepted to the public as we are all use to seeing her as an innocent singer on TV. since her change of hair cut and attitude she has gained her own independence and people she her of more of a grown up. Miley didn't want to be seen as the childish teenage she was when she played her role as Hannah Montana, I think it is right for a person to be able to get the self respect from their peers and themselves.
abbiperez14

Con

abbiperez14 forfeited this round.
debatable1999

Pro

i think she has the right to grow up without other people juging her all the time.
abbiperez14

Con

abbiperez14 forfeited this round.
debatable1999

Pro

I have read the comments and I do think they are fair and make sense but I do feel as though some of you are still judging her on the way she acts now and in the future I think that people shouldn't evaluate the way people behave and act because most people don't act the way they want to be interbred.
Posted by coolnout 3 years ago
coolnout
Everyone needs to understand that Miley Cyrus, the incredibly successful pop star has deliberately created an image, to make the most money she possibly can. She is 21 years old and not a child. As an adult, I personally enjoy her new image, but I am not drawn to her by looks, I really enjoy her eclectic new style of music. It is happy, fun and full of life.
Posted by birdlandmemories 3 years ago
birdlandmemories
Honestoy, I rreally don't care about Miley Cyrus, but people need to stop judging. After all, she is in control of her life, and other people shouldn't act like they are in control.
Posted by Soulja_n 3 years ago
Soulja_n
I think people should just let her do what she wants, she is a grown woman, and if she did what everyone els told her to do or act's how everyone eles wants her to act, she is really not going to please anyone because everyone will want something different. So why not let her express herself how she wants to, you either like it or you don't.
Posted by Fight4RightsLyla11 3 years ago
Fight4RightsLyla11
whalenmsc2014 ...
You said that the (quote on quote) new miley's, actions are attention seeking. But whether Miley wants attention or not, she's going to get it. People don't leave her alone. Just thought I'd point that out.
Posted by whalenmsc2014 3 years ago
whalenmsc2014
I personally liked the old Miley much better than the new one. Even though I give her credit for trying to breakaway from the Disney Channel "Hannah Montana" character and be her own person now that she is getting older, I think she is choosing to go down the wrong path. I don't think her choices lately have been the best decisions for this new "Miley" and are giving her a bad image. I also think this new Miley's choices are very attention seeking as well.
Posted by desrochersmsc14 3 years ago
desrochersmsc14
I like the old Miley better than the new one. I understand that she is trying to break away from "Hannah Montana," and truthfully, if I was her, I would want to do the same. However, I just think that she's going down the wrong path for this. Maybe if she took a different path I would reconsider my opinion.
Posted by shevlinmsc2014 3 years ago
shevlinmsc2014
I totally agree with what she said, couldn't have said it better myself!
Fight4RightsLyla11
I have been a fan of Miley Cyrus since the beginning. I was all for Hannah Montana. As her character on t.v. the young Miley was a good and smart kid, because she is famous the entire world has watched her grow up and we're all currently watching her change. She isn't a bad person because she dresses "provocatively" or because she got a new hair style. Miley is a grown woman, in fact she'll be 21 on Saturday the 23rd. So for those of you who think its okay to judge her because she's different than she was four years ago, your wrong. Imagine the ENTIRE world watching you 24/7 judging your every move. I think you'd probably rebel a bit. And it's okay.
Vote Placed by iholland95 2 years ago
iholland95
abbiperez14debatable1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Miley has changed a lot in the last year and a half. She went from preppy to annoying and gross IMHO. She has become body obsessed and its grossing adults out which is why I liked the old her better. She was so sweet and kind back then. Now she's self-centered and gross
Vote Placed by Cheetah 3 years ago
Cheetah
abbiperez14debatable1999Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro didn't really answer the prompt but argue that Cyrus deserves some respect. Con had made this debate topic poorly and should really be made a poll or posted on the Forums.