Kylar
ia3333449

Do you recognize the independence of East Ukraine?

Kylar

Kylar

Pro

Greetings everyone, I am wanting to debate a very touchy subject these days. The East half of the Republic of Ukraine has been a de facto nation since May 11th 2014 or so. It's been called The Federal State of New Russia, and it waves a flag that strikingly resembles the historical CSA flag. It is a confederation of 2 de facto states: The Dontesk People's Republic waves a blue, black, red and silver flag engraved with Russian wording. It's companion in this de facto and largely unrecognized confederacy, The Luhansk People's Republic has survived waving a yellow, blue, red and silver flag engraved with Russian words. This confederacy is holding elections for it's parliament, a supreme soviet council, and a supreme soviet premiere or potentate to lead the mostly unrecognized confederacy on November 2nd. Seems like they have a pretty legit government and a solid case for independence. I support them as a independent state. So I ask you, my friend Mister_Man, do you support/recognize their independence? Let's have a great debate together my friend, this should be a fun one,
your Christian friend,
Kylar.
ia3333449

Con

I came to know of the independence of Ukraine. But I'm against this because I don't think so that they could beome more prominent in the world due to less facility and resources. They should be united with Russia and Russia should give them importance. Bjt if they want independence then they should ask for help from Russia, England, America etc as they could provide them good facilities, resources and assets to become stronger and more prominent worldwide.
Kylar

Pro

I agree with most of your arguments, and I thank you for being willing to debate me on this topic and for being polite to me. I personally feel that Eastern Ukraine aha "The Federal State of New Russia" is a sovereign state. However, I concede that they went about becoming a separate nation, albeit an unrecognized one in the wrong way. The independence referendums were a good idea, however starting a war was not smart. Russia has essentially recognized their independence, which is good. However, I concede that an invasion of Ukraine was not smart. B e that as it may however, The Federal State of New Russia, aside from a war, seems to be doing rather well as a separate state. They are holding elections on November 2nd for their leadership, and they have their own government and own flag, and their own armed forces. Essentially, they are a separate nation under the protectorate of Russia. They need to appeal to the UN for full recognition, I admit. However, they have already been recognized by 2 separate states that have yet to be fully granted support: The Transdinester Republic and The Republic of South Ossetia. Thus, my argument for round 2 is: They have their own government, flag, and military, so yes they are a sovereign state.
ia3333449

Con

In my point of view, if ukrain becomes an independent country then some countries let's say America would try to make them slaves by giving them aid and spread terrorism by attacking and sending thier army and try to harass them
Kylar

Pro

I agree with you. I believe in the independence of Ukraine, and I know that New Russia should be a separate state or peace will not prevail.
ia3333449

Con

Yes I agree to you too but your point of views are different and mine are different. Let's end this argument. Good to share my thoughts with.
Kylar

Pro

Thanks again for the debate! I really appreciate it! This was fun, we should do this again some time. I hope we can be friends.
ia3333449

Con

ia3333449 forfeited this round.
Kylar

Pro

Kylar forfeited this round.
ia3333449

Con

ia3333449 forfeited this round.
Posted by Max.Wallace 2 years ago
Max.Wallace
Waving a flag is an act of war, tomfoolery at best.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
I appreciate it, good luck with whoever you debate! You can always make it public so anybody can accept :)
Posted by Kylar 2 years ago
Kylar
No problem, may the God whom I serve bless Ukraine. I hope the eastern half if it does not want self rule but independence, lives in peace. I'll challenge someone else :). Thanks again for being my friend, and being so kind to me.
Posted by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Unfortunately for this debate, I agree with you completely, the entirety of Ukraine should be an independant state/country. A lot of my family is from Ukraine and we continue to raise the traditional yellow/blue flag at our reunions. More have come back to Canada considering how Russia is attempting to take over again.

I consider Ukraine a separate state because if we argue that at a time it was part of the USSR or Soviet Union, it would also be "fair" to say Canada should be a part of the United States, considering at a time most of North America was under British rule. Ukraine has their own language, flag, national anthem, etc. It's separate from Russia, however I believe they should be able to work together.
Vote Placed by Leo.Messi 2 years ago
Leo.Messi
Kylaria3333449Tied
Reasons for voting decision: 2 ff on con-only one from pro
Vote Placed by The-Voice-of-Truth 2 years ago
The-Voice-of-Truth
Kylaria3333449Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made more convincing arguments while using more evidence. Slight grammar mistakes on Con's part, so the point goes to Pro.
Vote Placed by darthebearnc 2 years ago
darthebearnc
Kylaria3333449Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made more convincing arguments and supported them with more evidence & reason. Conduct, spelling, and sources are tied.
Vote Placed by mcdorr72 2 years ago
mcdorr72
Kylaria3333449Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Kylar supported his arguments well.