Coolguy11
Awesomeiron12

Do you support net neutrality?

Awesomeiron12 has forfeited round #3.

Coolguy11

Con

I thought I'd start a classic net neutrality (NN) debate. I think both sides make sense but I personally don't support it. If I understand correctly, NN is the belief that Internet service providers (ISPs) must not block certain content or charge money to view it. It basically sounds like the government telling a business (the ISP) how to provide their service, which I find to be an infringement on the business' liberty.
Awesomeiron12

Pro

Well I have to say I wouldn't support it either, the Internet is a problem as it sounds in American life, the internet isn't going anywhere, only a couple packages and fees and then you're all set to go. Honestly, they should at least be thankful that they have internet period, because the internet speed in America actually kind of sucks compared to Sweden or South Korea.
Coolguy11

Con

So we both don't support NN then? Good. I have to ask: why are you debating then?
Awesomeiron12

Pro

Why are we both debating then? I mean, think about it. All the people who try to sound smart go with the good side because they're simply brainwashed, and all the people who are intelligent with a high amount of common sense often disagree, It's a thing that's common.
Coolguy11

Con

True, that does seem to happen a lot. Some people just care more about fitting in.
Posted by B0NE_DUDE 6 months ago
B0NE_DUDE
Net Neutrality is simply an ideal.
The internet is a different creature, even a house of cards would be a decent description.
Talking about the internet like it actually exists or is run by anyone is ignorant.
Computers themselves will become the internet in the future and will feel more like a retail experience.
Posted by Mike_10-4 7 months ago
Mike_10-4
I support freedom of choice within market forces over the tyrannical masterminds of centralized government. That is, the endless diarrhea from those ruling class masterminds deceptively dangling the age-old unachievable equality carrot (aka "neutrality") over the uninformed.
Posted by dsjpk5 7 months ago
dsjpk5
You should change your resolution. As its worded now, you're arguing that your opponent doesn't support net neutrality. It would be rather difficult to prove he or she is lying when they say yes.