Emily1358
Boesball

Do you think Taylor Swift was better off a country artist?

Emily1358

Pro

I think she was better of a country artist. To me, back then she had a lot more emotional songs. I like songs that I can connect to. Although I love her music now, I think I could relate to Taylor a lot better when she wrote Country Music.
Boesball

Con

When analyzing whether Taylor Swift is better off as a country star or a pop star, you have to understand one thing: it's what helps Taylor Swift that matters. Whether or not her songs are more personal and meaningful to you doesn't matter, as we're talking about Swift herself here. The items that define whether she is better off is her popularity and money, as we cannot tell her personal enjoyment. Her most recent album, a pop album named 1989, sold 1.287 records in the first week (1). It was by far the most popular album of that year, and it was the only Swift album to do that. Therefore, objectively, by one of the only ways we can measure this, Taylor's career is better off now. Taylor has more money, fans, and mainstream support than ever, and her career has maintained its extreme success since her experiment in pop music started.

(1) http://www.billboard.com...
Emily1358

Pro

Emily1358 forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Boesball forfeited this round.
Emily1358

Pro

Emily1358 forfeited this round.
Boesball

Con

Boesball forfeited this round.