LADYBUG36
lol101

Do you think Texas is a concieded state??

Started: 7/29/2015 Category: Funny

LADYBUG36

Pro

I walk outside and everywhere I turn I see stickers that say "Don't mess with Texas". literally, from windows to the walls, to the barrels we use as trash or recycling containers. Go to hotels and in the morning wake up to texas shaped waffles.... 0.0 Daaammmnnnn, this is such a concieded state.
lol101

Con

Unfortunately, I am unable to fully comprehend your resolution. "Concieded" is not a real word. And since there is a lack of professional grammar and clarification, it is up to me to translate this imaginary word into something we can all interpret.

I believe you meant conceded, which is a past tense for concede.

Concede-"to admit that you have been defeated and stop trying to win"

In that case, how does having a waffle shaped like Texas a way of admitting defeat? I would like you to expand on your argument.

1]http://i.word.com...
LADYBUG36

Pro

Hehe^^. yes its a word, http://www.bing.com.... Basiclly, my point here is that texas is a state filled with too much pride. I as a Texan like texas but not so much as wanting every corner I turn to to be filled with texas shaped anything, texas slogans and most Texans giving you the boot for making fun of any little thing in it. I say this state needs to turn it down a bit.
lol101

Con

Did you even read your resolution. You didn't spell it "concieted", you spelled it "concieded". With no "t's". You literally just lied to me. You told me that concieded is a word, and then backed it up by saying that conceited is a word. Your point is flawed, because your reasoning doesn't relate to your claim.

I went into this debate thinking that you meant "conceded", not concieted. It is your fault for spelling the word wrong. And because of this, your resolution is illogical. If terms are misspelled or undefined, then it is up to me to translate and define them. That is a very basic DDO standard. Since you literally lied to me, your rebuttal falls apart. And as I have stated, it's too late to use a different definition. I have set up a definition for you and you have to use it. And since your set up was to prove that Texas was conceded, you failed to fulfill your BoP.
LADYBUG36

Pro

I am sorry I didn't check my spelling before the debate, I know now to at least put in that effort...
Okay then since I got us into this then I have to go along til the end.

Texas is conceded because it just is and that's that.

Also, thanks for debating with me even though i'm not good at this stuff.
lol101

Con

"Texas is conceded because it just is and that's that."

This is only a bare assertion and is a circular reasoning fallacy. You can't argue that Point A is correct because Point A. It is supposed to be set up like this: Point A is correct because of Point B (evidence). Why did you even put this argument here? If you know it is poorly conducted, what purpose does it even serve?

I don't know about Texas conceding, but judging from what you just said, you have resorted to concession, which is ironic.

Now for why you should vote Con:

Arguments-Con. Con has properly negated the resolution with a definition, and Pro has not fulfilled his/her BoP.
Sources-Con. Pro used a source that didn't support that his/her imaginary word was real, only a different word. Besides, I used the Merriam Webster, which is as reliable as it gets.
S/G-Con. Pro misspelled several different words and used a word that wasn't real in the definition.
Conduct-Con. Pro concedes with the last argument.

Vote Con 7-0
Posted by whiteflame 2 years ago
whiteflame
****************************************************************
>Reported vote: RepublitariansUnite// Mod action: Removed<

3 points to Pro (Conduct, Sources) 4 points to Con (S&G, Arguments). Reasons for voting decision: DON'T YOU DARE TAKE THE NAME OF TEXAS IN VAIN -Sandy Cheeks

[*Reason for removal*] (1) None of the point allocations are explained to any degree. (2) Quoting a character from Spongebob does not help explain the decision, and merely suggests that the voter never read nor cared about what was said in the debate.
******************************************************************************
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
I know the vote is for me, but that doesn't mean it's a good vote. I truly explained why this should be 7-0, and he doesn't explain why it was 4-3.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
What kind of vote is that? Really?
Posted by LADYBUG36 2 years ago
LADYBUG36
Si, I know now to pay more attention, thanks you
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
If one is not criticized, he/she may repeat that mistake. I do this to new users so that they can adapt to their situations and learn how to counter them. Let this debate serve as a reminder to tell your opponent right away that he is being absurd and that you only made a simple mistake. You could have pointed out that you put an "I" there for a reason, because you meant to spell "concieted". I do this so that you will improve.
Posted by LADYBUG36 2 years ago
LADYBUG36
It's okay :) thanks for the offer.
Posted by Zaradi 2 years ago
Zaradi
Pro I'm a Texan. If you wanna re-do this debate I'll do it with you :D
Posted by Varrack 2 years ago
Varrack
Ouch Con. At least give Pro a chance. It's understandable with an older debater but taking advantage of a new user is a bit unfair.
Posted by LADYBUG36 2 years ago
LADYBUG36
Its okay, I admit and accept to defeat to you because it was my mistake and I should've known better.
Posted by lol101 2 years ago
lol101
By DDO standards, if the Instigator doesn't define or translate terms, then it's up to the Contender to do so. It doesn't matter if you intended to debate with the word "concieted", I cannot read your mind. And since I defined and translated this imaginary word in the 1st round, I have set up the debate. So as of now, you have the Burden of Proof of arguing that Texas is conceded. The only way you can win is by proving to me that Texas has admitted defeat to something. There's no other way around this.