chinnytan
ScrinTech

Do you think Video Games are bad for you?

chinnytan

Con

Video games
ScrinTech

Pro

Opening Statement:

"While I myself do not believe that Video Games are bad for you and enjoy them immensely, There are some aspects that are questionable in a Video Game, making it seem 'Bad' But I will agree that Video Games need to be matched to the right Age."

First to get the common myths out of the way.

1: Statement: "Video Games cause violence"

Answer: "I wouldn't necessarily say that..."

2: Statement: "You lose your sense of reality"
Answer: "No, You don't, Humans know reality from something clearly fake, Unless you of course have Schizophrenia."

3: Statement: "It Interferes with school"
Answer: "Little thing called Moderation/Rewards."

4: Statement: "They're Stupid, and interfere with social life."
Answer: "... Get out of my room."

Now that this is done. Onto my Reasons, goodbye Mythos of Mothers!

R: Social Isolation(First Hand)

We clearly can't define "Moderation" as we are easily obssessive and make stupid decisions, by we I mean the other Teenagers and Children out there. "Too much video game playing makes your kid socially isolated."[1] I know this first hand, I'm not social by any means which is a terrible life I've lived so far. Isolation can be possibly the worst thing to happen, you don't know what to say, do, or even see. I started playing Video Games when I was about Six or Seven years old, and It was fantastic at first, possibly the greatest thing I had ever done. About a year later I lost my first childhood friend, yet I continued. When I had first entered Elementary I had NO Idea what to do, or say, I didn't know how to interact with people, I was like a doe standing in the road looking forward at a car. I actually learned some things from the movies people watched, I just guessed if I based my life around that Everything would be fine! Well... It worsened, By Middle School I was basing my whole life off of some movie, and still continuing my Video Game Addiction. In High School I am now a freshman and I talk to my friends only on Skype, never in real life.[2]

[1]: http://www.raisesmartkid.com...
[2]: Personal Life Experience.
chinnytan

Con

chinnytan forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Pro

ScrinTech forfeited this round.
chinnytan

Con

chinnytan forfeited this round.
ScrinTech

Pro

ScrinTech forfeited this round.