YummyYummCupcake
Yraelz

Do you think animals should have right just like humans?

YummyYummCupcake

Pro

Im begining to think animals should have right just like humans. I mean, C'mon they have adoption centers for dogs..So do humans. Animals go to the vet..I belive animals have life..Why not give them life insurance. There our companion.
Yraelz

Con

This may be my favorite debate so far. Let me clarify my position.

I believe all animals on earth to be equal. I believe this for a number of reasons that I may go into as the debate continues if necessary.

My contention is as follows.

Every animal has two basic rights when born onto this earth. This can be seen by the idea of any animal born into a vacuum. The rights are as follows.

A). The right to life, ever animal born can be seen to have the right to life a posteriori. This means essentially that everything born onto this earth has the right to be here, this is one of the only assured rights.

B). The right to freedom. Once again addressing this situation from an animal born into a vacuum, it will have the right to freedom. Once again a posteriori, and slightly unrealistic as a baby born into a vacuum will probably die. But it can be seen that for the entirety of the babies life in the vacuum it will have free will, free choice etc... (As an interesting side note does anyone have any thoughts on determinism as far as a baby born into a vacuum goes?)

So my first point is this. Your resolution clearly states "Do you think animals should have right just like humans?" However you defeat the entire point of your own argument with your resolution. You are advocating for animal equality yet you phrase the resolution from a human perspective as if humans are the end all epitome of rights. This logic is faulty, while I agree that animals are equal they are also different. What you consider to be rights for humans are not necessarily rights for animals at all. You are addressing this question from the "what should be done" in the stick without properly taking into regard the circumstances and framework that your argument is working inside of.

To address this issue in the way that you do so, does one thing. It effectively takes away the second right of all animals by presupposing that humans have the right, over every other animal, to dictate what rights animals should have. This logic effectively cuts off an animals right to decide for themselves and thereby the right to freedom.

My second contention will be on your argument itself. Being as follows,

"they have adoption centers for dogs..So do humans. Animals go to the vet..I belive animals have life..Why not give them life insurance."

You are advocating again for animal equality yet you bring me examples of how humans have domesticated and subjected animals to our own will. This is simply an example of Biopower in which the human race has sustained the life of select other species in order to make them dependent upon us for our own enjoyment. This is SICK, you begin by saying they have adoption centers for dogs, where dogs are stuck in metal cages against there will and have to wait for a human to come and decide to bring them home. Such an idea simply perpetuates the idea of humans being superior to dogs and in no way advocates that idea that dogs are equal.

Next you say animals go to the Vet, but once again you are simply perpetuating animal biopower. In which humans keep other animals alive for their own enjoyment. Animals need the ability to be set free to make their own choices, increasing the system of animal dependency upon us is simply negating their right to freedom. Also many times we send animals to the vet to be put down because they are too old or some such ilk. This destroys the first right of every form of life by effectively killing said animal. It also destroys the second right as no animal has a choice in such a matter.

Finally you tell me that Animals need life insurance under our system. Life insurance functions under the premise that a form of life pays an insurance company to save it should something go drastically wrong. However this requires money, which is a human idea. Thus the only way to gain any amount of money is to do something worthy of monetary payment. However once again, this is from a human perspective. Thus the only way for a life insurance system to work would be to subjugate all forms of life to a human ideal of what is required for monetary reimbursement. This once again presupposes that humans are somehow dominant and that our ideas are more important than every other form of life. It forces every other form of life to work in a system that we mandate is beneficial. This once again destroys every other animals freedom.

As a final note to my voters. The resolution states, "Do you think animals should have right just like humans?" which is clearly a question. The fact that my opponent is pro on this question does not mean anything as it is a question. The fact that I am Con likewise means absolutely nothing as I cannot be against a question. However my opponent has taken a stance on an issue in her speech and I have refuted her stance and shown how her logic is faulty. Thus I would ask that everyone vote on the fact that my opponent does not uphold her advocacy at all. Thank you.
YummyYummCupcake

Pro

If you knew better..The animals your talking about that lives in vaccuums are bugs and insects you retard. I'm talking about dogs,cats,ferrets..animals whom have feelings. Animals cry, get mad, get depressed. People hunt..and some states is illegal. It should be murder for people hnting, or animal cruelty..Your telling me that it doesn't hurt you when someones whipping or torturing a animal and the animal is crying? If it doesn't ache ur heart you must be sick in the mind..you probably get off from that. you see alot of stray dogs abandon walking around the streets and they have to be put down in animal control picks them up..how about people..there's homeless but what does the government do about that? yeah the have shelters but do they kill the people cause they have no home? no they have a certain period of days to stay in the shelter and off they go to find another shelter. But animals have to get the cruel punishment cause their homeless? Why? When dogs protects us from dangers, house on fire, and they protect drug users from smuggling drugs into this country...And i bet when that k9 is down using that dog, officers have to give them to the shelter..and put them down...thats cruel.
Yraelz

Con

I'm just going to go on each of your points.

"If you knew better..The animals your talking about that lives in vaccuums are bugs and insects you retard. I'm talking about dogs,cats,ferrets..animals whom have feelings."

>>In a vacuum.... meaning a space not filled or occupied; emptiness; void. I was using it to get across the point of rights that we have in any circumstance.

"Animals cry, get mad, get depressed. People hunt..and some states is illegal. It should be murder for people hnting, or animal cruelty..Your telling me that it doesn't hurt you when someones whipping or torturing a animal and the animal is crying?"

>>I didn't say this at all. I agree that animals do feel pain.

"If it doesn't ache ur heart you must be sick in the mind..you probably get off from that."

>>This speaks for itself.....

"you see alot of stray dogs abandon walking around the streets and they have to be put down in animal control picks them up..how about people..there's homeless but what does the government do about that? yeah the have shelters but do they kill the people cause they have no home? no they have a certain period of days to stay in the shelter and off they go to find another shelter. But animals have to get the cruel punishment cause their homeless? Why?"

>>I am advocating in my case that we don't play a part in dogs lives.... This means we don't kill them. I specifically say that putting down dogs is wrong in my last round. Did you bother reading a thing I said....?

"When dogs protects us from dangers, house on fire, and they protect drug users from smuggling drugs into this country...And i bet when that k9 is down using that dog, officers have to give them to the shelter..and put them down...thats cruel."

>>Yeah once again I'm still advocating that we play no role in their life. Please read my first round and respond to anything I said. Until that point I extend every argument I made. Thanks.
YummyYummCupcake

Pro

No it doesn't speak for itself..You just dont have nothing to say so you just copy and paste what i just say..That's very worthless and pathetic. You do the samething as all your retarded friends that vote for you and you do the same. You can do better. Thanks for debating..But your kind of debate..wasn't good enough. Thanks
Yraelz

Con

I copy your statements as reference to show voters exactly which argument I am targeting. I'm a policy debate, dropping arguments isn't my friend. As far as seeing whether it was good enough or not we will see what the voters say.
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
I'm not even sure what the guy was saying because I'm listening to the Titanic song, but it looked nasty.
Posted by MoonDragon613 9 years ago
MoonDragon613
mmm interesting and relevant video
http://youtube.com...
Posted by Yraelz 9 years ago
Yraelz
I don't really mind if you want to be my retarded friend, it wouldn't bother me so much.
Posted by Korezaan 9 years ago
Korezaan
Debate.org needs to hurry up and get those groups set up D:
Posted by Logos 9 years ago
Logos
Pro's charming use of personal attacks and endearing lack of proofreading are surpassed only by the utter lack of logical arguments used to support her position. Good show!

I've never met Yraelz before in my life, so far as I know, so I'm not voting for him simply because I'm one of his "retarded friends." Rather, I voted for the person who made the slightest effort to conduct himself like an adult.
Posted by Logical-Master 9 years ago
Logical-Master
Yummy, please refrain from using personal attacks durin debates. This site encourages a clean and friendly atmosphere. Besides, usage makes your case look weak.
Vote Placed by THEmanlyDEBATER3 9 years ago
THEmanlyDEBATER3
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Oolon_Colluphid 9 years ago
Oolon_Colluphid
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by pirates1434 9 years ago
pirates1434
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by SportsGuru 9 years ago
SportsGuru
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by solo 9 years ago
solo
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by liberalconservative 9 years ago
liberalconservative
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by kels1123 9 years ago
kels1123
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by esmith1617 9 years ago
esmith1617
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by Constantine 9 years ago
Constantine
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied
Vote Placed by eyeleapy 9 years ago
eyeleapy
YummyYummCupcakeYraelzTied