Harvey-S
Meropenem777

Do you think girls like to be approached by guys?

Meropenem777

Harvey-S

Con

Not all the girls like to be approached by guys, but most of them do. Some girls like to approach the guys they are interesting in and if guys approach them, they are likely to ignore or reject them as soon as possible.
Meropenem777

Pro

I agree that some girls like to be approached by guys, but I think those are the minority. Girls that like to be apporached by guys are probably in the majority. I mean, many sites that provide information for how to court a girl, tell guys that you should try to approach girls instead of assuming that girls would approach you. Also, theres seemingly a majority of girls that like guys who are confident and know what they're doing. Its probably better not to be overly-confident though.

Girls like confident guys most likely because it shows masculinity and some girls like really masculine guys. You said "...they are likely to ignore or reject them as soon as possible", but that implies that the guy will confess to the girl.

A guy should greet the girl, comment about something in particular, then ask some questions. Don't talk too much though because I think a lot of girls don't like that. Its better if theres balance in the conversation.

I have a sister, and she tells me stories all the time of guys who confessed to her friends upon first meeting them. The whole situation just turned out awkward she said.

Harvey-S

Con

I have approached so many girls in the past without even worrying about the consequences and they liked me, the last time i approached a girl at the club wasn't a success for me because i think i went too far with her in the first 5 minutes (as my mate said). Now the courage has faded away and i have developed a sense of worrying too much. http://theartofcharm.com... i believe this website makes good points on gaining confidence with girls, this is why i now believe that all girls (except the taken ones) wait for guys who are interested in them to approach them, and from there they can choose from the guys who best suit their interest. It isn't awkward to throw in some signals even from the first 10 minutes of meeting the girl.
Meropenem777

Pro

I think this website gives some pretty good info too: http://www.ehow.com...

I don't know about signals, I think it depends. I mean lets say you winked at her as a signal, what if she just thinks your creepy? Different girls would probably react differently to the signals. In my opinion though, if you say hi to a girl or do them a courtesy of some sort and they don't do anything to respond back because they think you're creepy for some reason, it would probably be best not to try to date her. I mean, if she acts like that, there's probably a good chance she's either stuck up, not amiable, or just selfish. I wouldn't make a judgement like that too early though, assuming you just met the girl.

Yeah, I would say that most girls that go clubbing would be single and go there to meet guys. If you ever think of asking out a coworker though, I don't know about that. I mean most people don't like to date coworkers, maybe because they think it'll interfere with work?

Oh yeah the girl I was talking about in the comments, she lives in the residence house next to the one I live in. I barely see her though and I honestly wouldn't have the confidence to approach her. I guess I'm kind of afraid too of messing up, since I've heard first impressions are important. Theres also another girl I met in the dining hall, she's alright, but she isn't really my type. I know her pretty well now though, but I don't want to get in a relationship with her. But I also don't want to hurt her feelings if I start dating the girl I like.

I actually met this other girl when I was making an origami and she saw it and commented about it. I wasn't even trying to get her attention. Maybe I could try the same thing for the other girl, doing it intentionally near her but idk if she'd even ask about it. Its almost the end of the school year too, and I'm afraid I'm not going to see her again afterwards. I just want to get to know her before it ends, and keep in touch.

Harvey-S

Con

Harvey-S forfeited this round.
Meropenem777

Pro

Well, Con forfeited. Generally, girls like to be approached by guys. Vote Pro.
Posted by Meropenem777 8 months ago
Meropenem777
Is it OK if I win this debate? I like to have a nice win ratio instead of having too many ties. Maybe say "vote pro" in your next post? Oh and btw, I'm going to an amusement park to celebrate a girls birthday. It's not the girl I like, it's the girl I know well. Haven't seen the other girl maybe because she went back home for memorial day... oh well.
Posted by Harvey-S 8 months ago
Harvey-S
I'm sorry about that, but i believe this topic is fantastic this is why i exceeded the limit. I believe that you should never date a girl that you are not interested in, because this as u said could destroy her psychologically if she finds out. Here is a challenge for u that 100% will work and the consequences either gonna be (interested or not). Once you see her, hopefully tomorrow or the following, go talk to her, start small (say hey) interact with her, ask if she has facebook and ask if you can add her then give her ur phone so she types in her FB name. After you have done that, compliment her (SIGNAL). I know it might seem hard to do so, but believe me, I grantee it will work! Just forget about what might go wrong and focus on making that "first impression" a perfection!.
Posted by Meropenem777 8 months ago
Meropenem777
You know what, this probably would have been better as a forum post rather than a debate.
Posted by Meropenem777 8 months ago
Meropenem777
The post in the 2nd round was a little over the limit we decided, that alright? I just went like on a rant.
Posted by Harvey-S 8 months ago
Harvey-S
No problem, I just wanted to confirm that what i was thinking was a common sense amongst guys in my age.
Posted by Meropenem777 9 months ago
Meropenem777
Also, I'd prefer if this just stayed like a non-serious debate. I'm kind of busy irl this week. So can we say no post beyond the amount of characters/words in my first post, that I posted for round 1?
Posted by Meropenem777 9 months ago
Meropenem777
nvm, its up now.
Posted by Meropenem777 9 months ago
Meropenem777
What the heck, I can't post my argument. It says its not my turn, but I havent even posted an argument yet.
Posted by Harvey-S 9 months ago
Harvey-S
Yes, I pretty much believe that girls love to be approached by guys. I have also done my research regarding this topic, and I guarantee that if you approach the girl you like she would be more than happy to talk to you even if she is not interested in you. After talking to the girl you like you must shoot signals to make her aware that you are interested in her, from there she either continues to talk to you or she tries to ignore you. Signals examples (You look beautiful today. \ You have a nice name. \ I like the way you dress. etc..
Posted by Meropenem777 9 months ago
Meropenem777
There is this girl that I actually like, but I honestly don't know if she likes me or not. She's really pretty. I haven't talked to her much though. One time in the dining hall, she dropped her plate on the floor. I tried to calm her down because she seemed like she was having a panic attack. Unfortunately though, I forgot to ask for her name. Now I feel like going up to talk to her and I don't know if she'll like that or not.

That's pretty much why i accepted this debate, to talk more about this topic.
Vote Placed by UtherPenguin 8 months ago
UtherPenguin
Harvey-SMeropenem777Tied
Reasons for voting decision: ff