Stevie17
SitaraMusica

Do you think health care should be free?

SitaraMusica

Stevie17

Pro

Health care should be free! in the long run it will be better for the government because people will be healthy so relying on the government for money to fix their issues will be less. Health care benefits everybody and we cannot have a stable community without healthy citizens.
SitaraMusica

Con

Let me begin by saying that I believe healthcare is a right. Wait! There is more. While I support healthcare, I do not think it should be free unless someone is really poor and cannot afford it. Nothing is free in life. I believe that healthcare should be affordable, not free unless the person cannot afford it.
Stevie17

Pro

exactly, most people that are very ill cannot afford it, but we are all equal so if one person gets free healthcare we all should regardless of class. Saying that only those that cant afford it should get free health care is wrong and many people living off the government and workers should get it. Free health care may also reduce the amount of people claiming acc as a lot of those people claim it because of sore back and other issues that could have been helped if they went to the doctors sooner.
SitaraMusica

Con

I agree that people should have healthcare, but nothing is free in life.. If someone cannot afford healthcare, then I understand healthcare being free, but those who can pay for it, should do so.
Stevie17

Pro

but isn't that one of the reasons that rich people pay more taxes.
SitaraMusica

Con

My opponant brings up taxes: I support a ten percent income tax and nothing else. Someone with one hundred dollars would pay ten dollars, and someone with one thousand dollars would pay one hundred dollars. This would be enough to take care of the poor while not over taxing people. Now for healthcare: Nothing is free in life. If someone is really poor I have no problem paying for their healthcare, but if someone can pay for their healthcare, they should.
Vote Placed by republicofdhar 2 years ago
republicofdhar
Stevie17SitaraMusicaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Wasn't a very illuminating debate. I suspect that neither Pro nor Con understand the topic they are debating. Lots of assertions. Pro seems to think that free healthcare comes out of thin air, without understanding that society will have to pay for it anyway with higher taxes. No mention of quality of healthcare. Con vaguely asserted "nothing is free in life". While this is an important consideration which leads to an exploration of how taxes work, I didn't get the impression that this was anything more than an assertion. Nonetheless, I think Con made marginally more headway in this debate in the final round while Pro posted a half-complete-sentence argument. For that, arguments to Con. All the rest are tied.