Stevie17
Thenotoriousanika

Do you think rapists should get their genitals cut off?

Stevie17

Pro

Do you think that rapists (men and women) should have their genitals cut off after they have been convicted? I think yes, as soon as that person has been found guilty with evidence then they should not have the right to use their genitals. If they feel that they had the right to harm someone else without their consent then they should have the right to loose their parts. Rapists need to suppress those feelings and what better way to do so than to have no tool to act with. What better way than to give the victim and the family closing after such a terrible crime.
Thenotoriousanika

Con

Although I believe raping is one of the most disgusting and horrendous crimes, I still disagree with this sentence. For starters the criminal justice system is very flawed, even in our day in age. So even if there"s seems to be enough evidence to convict someone, there might still be flaws in the case against someone who might be innocent. Now let say your father or any other man you know was innocent in a similar situation. And had to go through that punishment... Another thing is what if you're a female rapist, what would they cut off? I feel like there is more civilized punishments for these crimes, were not in the Middle Ages. We have technology on our side, even if it"s faulty at times. There definitely is alternative solutions for punishing rapist.
Stevie17

Pro

Hmm well I do think that women can be punished, I mean they use circumcision on females in many places and i suppose it could be like that, maybe more severe. And I do mean absolutely positive that the person had committed the crime. You are right, we now have technology on our side which makes it easier to get evidence. What would you do if it was your child? You would have to put up with seeing them in so much pain, and it just does not seem justifiable to send them to jail, just so they can most likely get parole and commit the same crimes on more innocent people. Maybe some of the middle age punishments were good, at least they were on to something and their people were more civilized, nowadays it seems that people are getting away with all sorts of crime.
Thenotoriousanika

Con

Thenotoriousanika forfeited this round.
Stevie17

Pro

Stevie17 forfeited this round.
Thenotoriousanika

Con

Thenotoriousanika forfeited this round.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
who would do the cutting?
Posted by Stevie17 2 years ago
Stevie17
It may be a severe view, I am studying to be a social worker but does that mean I am not aloud my view? many lawyers have certain views that they do not let change the punishment they give people.
Posted by Alec_Rhodes 2 years ago
Alec_Rhodes
Um con makes an interesting point about what to cut off on a female rapist. But if a dude is guilty, um we'll I suppose? Cutting balls off....geez that must be painful. >_<
Posted by hatshepsut 2 years ago
hatshepsut
One must admit this is a rather severe view, especially for one majoring in Social Work. The most punitive U.S. outlook I'm aware of is that of the group RAINN, which wrote a letter to President Obama this February advocating prosecution and prison for all campus rape cases.