HYBUSTA41
LuciferWept

Do you think some of the new military policy has change people view of today's military?

HYBUSTA41 has forfeited round #2.

HYBUSTA41

Pro

When we look at today's military policy that was push to our military in the last 10 years and compare them to the policy of the 1940, there are no effect on how our military go out to protect this great country. I say this because of Executive Order 9981 is an executive order issued on July 26, 1948 by President Harry S. Truman. It abolished racial discrimination in the United States Armed Forces and eventually led to the end of segregation in the services. Also don't forget we have fought in 15 conflicts after this policy was put to play and our Military has done well fighting in those battles.
LuciferWept

Con

I assume you are referring to the many progressive orders and policies the military has adopted, and you are comparing them to the official desegregation of the Armed Forces in 1948. I shall discuss how the many progressive policies, especially those which directly apply to combat, have actually weakened our military. For example, the military of the 1940's and 1950's was far more effective than the military forces which succeeded it. This is not an assault on the troops who put their lives on the line, but an attack on the generals who want to be politicians and politicians who fancy themselves generals.

Various progressive policies, such as Nation Building and restrictive Rules of Engagement, combined with more coverage by the press, has severely crippled the modern military.

I look forward to this debate.
Posted by extian 8 months ago
extian
I'm sure even people within the military would say that some policies are good and some are bad. Can you define which specific new policy you are referring to? Or is this just about racial integration?