Judy-Jang
Lord_Logic

Do you think that Video Games are good for kids?

Lord_Logic

Judy-Jang

Con

Topic : Do you think that Video Games are good or bad for kids

Nowadays, there are variety of video games. However there is problem in here. There is lot of debate about whether or not video game is good for kids. I think video games are bad for kids . I'll tell you three reasons

First , video games can be expensive. It cost a lot of money to stay current with the latest video games and hardware. Many kids want to spend their money on gaming. If they have no money, they will let parents to buy it .For example, it's not uncommon for kids to have 50-100 game that cost $40-$50 each. This can easily add to thousand of dollar year to maintain typical gamer habit.

Second, video games can make relationship bad. There's direct correlation with the amount of time spent playing video games, and the amount of time spent engaging in a quality relationship. I think there's something to be said about people who spend the majority of their free time playing video games. My guess is that they're probably not dating or pursuing a meaningful relationship in their free time.

Third, video game can be distracting. gamer are similar to people who smoke . Reading a good book, taking care of bill, writing article, inventing something, mowing lawn are simply not a thing when it come to getting to the next level or finish a game. Many gamer have thing they would like to do in life, but they can't do it, because they spend so much of their time playing game.

So, I think video games are bad for kids .What do you think? Do you still want to let kids do video game?

To voters and debater..
Well, I'm middle school student in Korea so I just can write round 1 and 2000 characters. Also, I do not have enough skills. Sorry but I hope you will understand me
Lord_Logic

Pro

I thank Judy-Jang for this debate.

Definition of kid:
A Child (6-12)
http:dictionary.reference.com

Rebuttals:

Expensive

To respond to your argument, a child is 6-12. Parents could easily limit the amount of video games bought. It is uncommon for this little 8 year old to just walk up with money to buy a video game. First, you would need transportation, which is mainly accessible through parents and cars. Even siblings that drive cars have enough common sense to prevent children to buy too many video games. Therefore, it would not add up to thousands of dollar a year because of parents' limits. Parents will limit and may not buy the latest video games/hardware. Recession. Parents may return the video game.

Relationship

A child would not be dating. It's not like a five-minute break means a five minute relationship with your friends. Again, parents will limit the time playing video games. Children will be active with other friends and family, thus making relationships good. Because parents limit the time playing video games, video games would not hurt children because the parents stand in the way.

Distraction

Again, parents will limit time being used for video games. Chores are made for this reason. Allowances are used to keep children happy and become smart about how they use precious money and how to save. Parents will the child to run along and be active.

Thus, video games aren't expensive, don't distract, and don't ruin relationships.

Contentions/Games are good

Educational games are very helpful to children and teach children about math concepts, grammar, etc. See Brainquest.

==> Conclusion

Educational games are helpful to children and are allowed by parents to play. Video games aren't expensive, don't distract, and don't ruin relationships because of parents. I urge you to vote Pro.

http://www.brainquest.com...
Vote Placed by InVinoVeritas 2 years ago
InVinoVeritas
Judy-JangLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: A difference of one source... Not gonna give credit there. Pro failed to refute the argument in its entirety.
Vote Placed by Stephen_Hawkins 2 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
Judy-JangLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: I think the three rebuttals all being "parents will limit the time played" is simply repetition of the same idea, and although Logic used it to rebut the first, and most of the second, point, the third did not seem too badly scathed. Thus, I give convincing argument to CON, but both were equal, so I'll give convincing argument to Judy and source to Logic. And good spelling!
Vote Placed by ConservativePolitico 2 years ago
ConservativePolitico
Judy-JangLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: Provided sources. Conduct - his arguments weren't more convincing necissarily but he refuted Con's points.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 2 years ago
16kadams
Judy-JangLord_LogicTied
Reasons for voting decision: going with sources. pro had one. con didn't