myemptyplace
Kryptic

Do you think that a fence could limit/stop the illegal immigration ?

Kryptic

myemptyplace

Con

I think that is not necessary a fence to stop the illegal immigration. And then I think that a wall is extremely expensive !
Kryptic

Pro

Do I think that a fence could limit or stop the illegal immigration? I am clearly going Pro since you have gone con on this.

Personally my situation on this topic is open for persuasion, I see both sides. I can see the bad and the good. The best part about it, it... well... there is a giant fricken wall there, this is just an automatic deterrent. Otherwise every other person would get in.

I see only a select few people actually attempting to get past, and yes, a few do, but very little compared to how many there would. Now keep in mind, my intent isn't to imprison people that desperately need help, I don't want them to suffer. But if we were to let EVERYONE in, there would be a definite increase in drug trafficking, and crime rate. We would see A LOT more gang fights and deaths. If they were to get jobs and not be checked, we would see a lot of homelessness, a lot more people without jobs and America will eventually plummet into poverty. ... Well, even more so then before.

The wall is there for all of our good.
Winter is coming ;)
myemptyplace

Con

oK but don't u think that a fence is exaggeratedly expensive for American people ? I mean, the border fence between US and Mexico costs a lot of money ...
Kryptic

Pro

If there is consistent maintenance on it, then yes, it would cost a lot of money. mind you, NASA gets 1/10 of a penny out of each dollar, the tax money going into a fence would be unrecognisable in comparison to the potential devastation from the Mexican community who would choose to live in America.
Keep in mind that if America just said that Mexicans are American citizens and gave them all passports and paid for their education, housing etc they would go to about 30 trillion in debt, but then they would literally save them selves the need for border security and crime rates. they would have effectively wiped out bigotry, but alas, one can only dream
myemptyplace

Con

I understand ! Do you know "minute men" ? what do you think about them ? I think that they're simply bored people, but this is an another story...
Kryptic

Pro

Lol it is another story :P if you've concluded this debate we should probably end it, unless you want to discuss another part to it :)

I just did a small google search but I'm really tired and didn't take in much information, perhaps it would be a good topic for next time? :)
myemptyplace

Con

I'm agree with you, when you aren't tired we can talk about them ...
Kryptic

Pro

I have read up on the topic of minute men, so before I talk about it I want to assure we are on the right topic and time.
MINUTEMEN were citizen soldiers in the American colonies who volunteered to fight the British at a "minute's" notice during the years before the American Revolution.

As I'm not too familiar with the story, I'm not sure if people in today's society have taken aboard a similar title like the white supremacist movement after Nazi Germany; all I know at the moment is that these were unrecognised people taking on a new name together; they were also just a part of the forces against the british as the militia came in to help.

Could you be more specific on why or how they're bored?
myemptyplace

Con

I mean ... have you read what they do against the migrants ? I think that their action are exaggerated because migrants are just people ...
Kryptic

Pro

Oh, you meant minutement and current migration, when I first researched minutemen, as I was uninformed completely on this topic, it only mentioned the creation and first use of it.
It would have been good to talk about it more, perhaps another debate will suffice :).
After reading some more about it I see the costs in question have risen a lot more with regards to the fence or wall, the arrest rates have gone down, a lot less immigrants are getting through. I am looking at both sides, critics call them racists, patriots call them heroes. obviously I am in a debate at the moment and should be argueing my side. I still stand strongly on the principle about what I mentioned. it would of been cool to see your argument in full though, sorry if I dulled the wick of your argument.
Posted by Abramham 1 year ago
Abramham
Anything would help. We have no way of knowing who or what is coming across.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
myemptyplaceKrypticTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con basically conceded to Pro's case. There was very little clash in this debate so I would have to give this debate to Pro for actually making and arguing a case. Pro get's spelling and grammar due to Con's grammatical errors by using fragmented sentences.