queenofsass
0092678

Do you think that parents/guardians should force their kids to go to church?

queenofsass

queenofsass

Con

I think when a child gets to that age when they start to know more about there religion and kind of decide weither they agree or not with what their church is preaching, they should be allowed to choose weither or not to participate in that religion. I believe that parents should teach kids how to think, not what to think.
0092678

Pro

hi im new at this so i dont expect to win... Any religon has the basis of converting someone to their own, try, and see if they want to accept it. But even if so your parents (or any parent, im only 14) will keep on trying to place you in their way of think. I only have two other evidences so i will forfeit round 4 & 5
queenofsass

Con

Well yes, churches can try to convert people,.but kids shouldn't be forced to believe in what their parents believe just because their parents are the boss. Lolz.
0092678

Pro

As i said before im only fourteen but isnt the majority of all religons (except cults those guys are weird) is to help people in their moral understanding? its not really forcing more like teaching them. Everyone has their own rights but parents have more (emphasized) rights than their children. (also what babysitter is gonna watch over you on sunday, its just better to put you in church.)
queenofsass

Con

Okay well, "teaching" the child to believe something is okay, but when theyre older, they can make their own decisions. It doesn't matter if the parents are christian, muslim, jewish, etc, etc. But when it comes down to it, religion is a choice. Thats why its called "beliefs". You can choose whether or not to believe in it.
0092678

Pro

ohhh... WTF i thought you meant the right of beleifs to littlekids. because of this i forfeit this round as of also round 4 & 5
queenofsass

Con

queenofsass forfeited this round.
0092678

Pro

just wanted to say sorry for my language. Thats it
queenofsass

Con

There's nothing to apologize for. I can see why you would get confused. Lol. Im ust gonna stop thia arguement its clearly not going anywhere
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
My 17 year old grandson asked me once, " how much longer do I have to listen to my mother." I said, you do not have to listen to her now. Just get a job, move out ,get your own place and pay your own bills." He did not like that. But a year later he did just that and found out freedom is not all it is made out to be. There is responsibilities that are attached.

We made our kids go to church. One, because we wanted then exposed to what WE thought is important. Not what YOU say is.There are plenty of voices out there that they were exposed to that went against the word of God. And another thing is I lived it in front of them. The bible say that when they Are raised right, when they get older they will not stray from it.All of my kids are now living what they were taught.Because it works. Health and prosperity are what God wishes for people. And they live it according to what Goid says, not what you or any ungodly say. Thaey are raising their kids the same way. You keep your nose out of other peoples business.

You also have the freedom to raise your kids ungodly. That is your choice.We do not have the right to impose our beliefs on them in your house. But as they go out in the world they will also be exposed to what God has to say about things. That is what is called freedom to choose.
Posted by Okotopusso 2 years ago
Okotopusso
I think its not a matter of force, its more like a rethorical question, parents ask their kids "Hey Son lets go to church" even if the kid denies it, they still live under their parents rules and they chance that they are let go easily is if their parents are just people that dont really care about their kids and their where abouts. Its not going to church to see which religion its right but its about moral values, kids can learn from church too. Once a kid has grown up to be a fine adult they have the freedom they want, they can make their own decision on where to go. Yet, in the end I beliebe parents should force their kids to go to church as means of learning something new (at least once a week) and its also the perfect moment for a get-away small trip as a family. I think that family should be together wheter at home, or outside.
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
Someone accepted...oh well...
Posted by chewster911 2 years ago
chewster911
I think that this debate is unnecessary,since we all have rights to our own opinions and choices. Even if anyone accepts this debate,it will be an easy victory for Con. So don't accept this debate,since it's a guaranteed loss.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
queenofsass0092678Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct - Tie. Both ended up forfeiting rounds, and Pro conceded the debate, thus this is tied. S&G - Con. Pro had some errors in terms of improper capitalization, Con didn't make those errors. I would suggest that Pro use the "check your spelling" option before posting your rounds because it will show you the potential corrections and correct them for you. Arguments - Con. Pro conceded the debate due to misunderstanding the nature of this resolution. Sources - Tie. Neither utilized sources in this debate.