Laupppaige
caelin11

Do you think the Confederate flag is a representation of racism and hate?

Laupppaige

Pro

I do think this flag is showing a symbol of racism and hate.
caelin11

Con

The Confederate Flag does not have anything on it showing racism or hate. The Confederate flag stands for racism and hate, but it does not represent it as there is nothing on the flag hinting towards racism.
Laupppaige

Pro

The flag is the flag that the southerners were using when they threatened to secede. They had this flag during the war because they did not want to get rid of slavery. They fought to keep slavery. They took this flag to war with them.
caelin11

Con

Yes they did, but is there any symbol on the flag that says "racism"? If I showed someone who was not aware of the flag's history would not see it is a representation of hate or racism because the flag doesn't represent it. It represents the South or the war.
Laupppaige

Pro

Yes that is true but i'm pretty sure most people know what the flag is, it has no symbol of racism on it but it REPRESENTS racism. And with the technology we have today they could just look it up. I've heard arguments time and again about how the Confederate flag is no longer representative of slavery, and how it's now indicative of "Southern pride and heritage." But I'm really over the whole "respect your heritage" thing, the representation of the flag wont change.
caelin11

Con

The flag represents a war between the North and South. If I showed the North flag, that's what the representation would be as well, the war between the North and South. It represents a war and slavery.
Laupppaige

Pro

They fought the war for slavery though... what is not a little racist about that? OH yah i'm just gonna fight this war so I can keep owning African- Americans and making them work for me!
caelin11

Con

The war was about protecting the Economy for the South as they made more money using slaves.
Posted by Laupppaige 2 years ago
Laupppaige
Thats a great point of veiw!
Posted by CommunistDog 2 years ago
CommunistDog
The confederates were formed to "protect the southern economy." What they implied was "Without slave labor, our farms and crops won't be tended to." Booo slavery and racism! Yay acceptance of others!

Confederates: "Ima fight to keep slavery so dey can be laik... work for free."
Union dude: "Why don't you do the work yourself, sir?"
Confederate: "Cuz... it's tooooo much workkkkkkkk!"