descield
Vesero

Do you think the government should provide free medical care for everyone?

Started: 11/16/2014 Category: Economics

descield

Con

[I choose SPAIN as reference]
The fact that the government doesn't provide enough medical care (public) for everyone it's because a lot of people doesn't pay taxes, such as illegal immigrants. They work and they don't collaborate anything with the government, so... Do they still deserve to have free supplies taking into account that they act as a free riders? In other words, they take advantage of the service of medical supplies from the government without paying taxes.
Vesero

Pro

If we follow Spain's example in the fact that the illegal immigrants don't receive free health care, where is the money being drawn from? The people who pay taxes albeit can't receive free health care, you can't blame the drain on immigrants. If you were to say that free health care as a whole (without mentioning Spain) you would've had a more promising and difficult argument. In Australia, France, Sweden, and Germany are all really successful countries with "free" medical care with immigaration
descield

Con

You have a point there, but the way I see it, is that apart from immigrants, they're trying to privatize all the medical cares.
I know that they don't really need to be blamed. The government will not be able to guarantee anybody the medical cares, so in the case that we have scarcity of it, who should have more preference, they or us?

(Doing an essay about this for the school)
Vesero

Pro

Now that was a good question, I actually went off prompt on the original question(My bad)Morally I feel we should but financially and in the means of availability to provide I understand that problem. But as to who to prioritize, that's where it's a real tricky game that we would be playing in the game of life. But in all honesty it would(and should be)tax payers and first, come first serve. It shouldn't be the original way of either you're lucky and can pay or die for it.

(I hope you do well)
descield

Con

GOOD ARGUMENTS!
Nothing to say :)
Vesero

Pro

Wow, I was hoping for some rebuttal so I could get some new information along with forming better debate points but, I do hope you do well; and curse your profile pic; I just had to look it up and add to the list of things to watch :P
descield

Con

Lol haha, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei.
Vesero

Pro

I'll get on it I soon as I can, but I need to decide what and when to watch next. I'm getting caught up on my manga. So I guess this argument is a draw? XD
Final thing though about the first come first serve. Think about it like this, I guess it's a fallacy but just hear me out. (Slippery slope fallacy I think.) In life you're born rich or poor. You get what you're dealt with, or if you don't get treatment (rich or poor) its sad but sucks. Either way you're screwed so..Enjoy life love and care.
descield

Con

descield forfeited this round.
Vesero

Pro

Vesero forfeited this round.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
No one has a right to anything , product or service.Our rights are, life, liberty, and to pursue happiness. Which is different for everyone.If a persons happiness is in a bottle, why should others be forced to pick up the tab. Or a steady diet of twinkies.A true right would never put a burden on others and should carry a mandatory responsibility to pay for whatever outcome that right gives you.

If a person buys a big screen TV instead of health insurance, that is the chance that person should bear alone, unless charities step in. Never force others to pay for choices.