Spenser4Hire
yohomama

Do you think video games are a waste of time?

Spenser4Hire

Pro

I am 19 and I love video games. I have like 76 games on my steam account and yet currently I would see someone who thinks "video games are a waste of time" or " they have no educational value" or " you could be doing something better with your time." I would like to call out one of those people who thinks this and I would like to talk to them about it on why they think this. What is your opinion on this topic?
yohomama

Con

You said that video games are wasting of time. But that is not actually true. sometimes you can learn from the video game. Imagine that the video game is about basketball. I'm sure the user of the game will learn something about the basketball, something like the rules of the game or how to play it. therefore the argument of yours is not really right. beside the games can be used for the entertainment.
Spenser4Hire

Pro

I agree with that. Some games like Civilization have actually got people into history. There can be a lot of things that games teach you about. I don't think you can learn much from a game like Call of Duty however but from games like Civilizations, Paradox Interactive games, Sim City and various other titles you can probably learn alot.

Sorry about not being very informal. I am new to this.
yohomama

Con

yohomama forfeited this round.
Spenser4Hire

Pro

Spenser4Hire forfeited this round.
yohomama

Con

yohomama forfeited this round.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
He thinks they are great. The contender thinks they are a waste of time, or one of the listed options.

Since Spenser wants to talk about it more than debate, I won't take you up on it. I love video games, but could make a good argument that they are a waste of time (but isn't everything?).
Posted by infalliblemind 3 years ago
infalliblemind
You have made your stance on this topic unclear. Do you or don't you think video games are a waste of time?