Melissa6363
fire_wings

Do you think we should keep animals wild or domesticate them and put them in zoo's?

fire_wings

Melissa6363

Pro

Give me a reason why or why not animals should be left wild or should we domesticate all the animals in the world and put them in zoo's.
fire_wings

Con

I wrote a whole stupid essay about this, and I plan to do so right now also.

I believe that we should keep animals wild because of many reasons. My reasons are that animals can become extinct, no danger, etc.

My first reason will be about endangered animals Lets take an example of a siberian tiger.

"The main reasons tigers are endangered—in most cases cases, critically endangered—are illegal hunting for their pelts, meat and body parts (used in folk medicines) as well as habitat loss that results from logging and other forms of forest destruction.[1]"
My opponent can say that we can stop. But sadly we can’t. Fur coats are not only pretty, they are also very warm, good for the winter. So the tiger will soon become extinct. But if there are zoos, then we can at least know there are some tigers that are safe, but bored in zoos. Even if there are no tigers left, there will be in zoos. These tigers will have babies also. This is the only way we can stop this. Yes, many people are trying to protect tigers from hunting, but there is two more problems.

The first problem is habit loss.

"A habitat is not just a place to live and prey in but also a place for tigers to congregate and to establish a sense of territory. It is where adult tigers may also live solitary lives. Also, tigers tend to limit their movements within that habitat. A habitat is therefore a place where they satisfy all their needs. Tigresses also use the habitat to give birth to and grow cubs. Those that do live together know the other tigers' activities, much like in a family unit. The area that is considered to be the group's home has a size that depends not just on the number of male and female tigers but also on the abundance of prey. A tigress, for example, will need a 20 square kilometers (7.7 square miles) territory. A male tiger requires a larger territory, such as one that covers 60 to 100 square kilometers (23 to 39 square miles)."

This is a big space. However, tigers can’t use this much. People build homes, and there territory will be destroyed. This means that they fight with other tigers, but because the spaces are getting smaller, they have to fight, and one will probably die.

The second problem is food. There is not a lot of food in Siberia or any foods that a tiger can eat, like deer or rabbits. The tigers will soon starve. Many tigers even died because of this. If they are in zoos though, they can have food easily.

The last reason is the illegal hunting. Many tigers die because of their fur, their meat, etc.

[1] http://www.allaboutwildlife.com...

[2] http://www.lions.org...

For these reasons, vote for me!!!

Melissa6363

Pro

Melissa6363 forfeited this round.
fire_wings

Con

I extend my arguments. Vote for Con.
Melissa6363

Pro

Melissa6363 forfeited this round.
fire_wings

Con

I am dissapointed. I wanted to debate this well, but instead I had 2 forfeiters in this debate, and one person who conceded. I debate fun more than winning. Yes, I do care about winning, but fun is the most important in a debate. Noobsniping is boring. I want to debate fun, with more experienced challengers. It is probably my fault that I accepted this, but I usually just don't accept the purple circle ones. I didn't check the profile, I thought he/or she was experienced. I extend my arguments. Vote Con.
Melissa6363

Pro

Melissa6363 forfeited this round.
fire_wings

Con

I extend.
Melissa6363

Pro

Melissa6363 forfeited this round.
Posted by fire_wings 1 year ago
fire_wings
tej, I added a few more things to it. But I like noobsniping of not this, not forfeits, only trolling noobsniping debates.
Posted by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
lol, Fire's round 3 is completely copied from me... and Fire, you yourself said you noobsnipe often, deliberately.
Vote Placed by famousdebater 1 year ago
famousdebater
Melissa6363fire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit. Pro provided no arguments or rebuttals. Con provides arguments to advance his burden. He wins conduct and arguments by default.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Melissa6363fire_wingsTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con. Con also was the only one who made an argument, so arguments to Con by default.