NinjaD0lphin
cute_angel

Do you think women are still treated unequally?

NinjaD0lphin

NinjaD0lphin

Pro

Women are paid about 77 cents to every dollar a man makes. Women are also not commonly found in high power positions, especially in the government. For example, only about 20% of congress is female. This is not because there aren't enough very qualified women for the job. In my opinion as a man, I have found educated women to be much more rational than educated men. Women are objectified and dominated by men. What do you think?
cute_angel

Con

It was the old time when men and women were not treated equally. But now the thinking of the people is changing. Everything takes time to change, and by the gap of time everything changes.
Unlike that old times now the girls are send to school. Attempts of female foeticide are reducing. Women are coming in front in each and every field. Doctor, engineer, teacher, IAS, IPS etc. The respect of women in eyes of their parents, children etc. is rising. women
NinjaD0lphin

Pro

Well I have to agree. Women are treated much more equally than they were in the past. Right now is the best time to be a woman in all of mankind's history. However, there I still feel that they are not treated as fairly as men are. I think I can agree though that women are excelling in all fields now more than ever though. Even though I intended this to be a national thing, I think it's important to look at the entire world. Women are still slaves in some countlries. Some countries they have no rights and they aren't allowed an education. As for the U.S., we still have work to be done, but women are in much better shape here than they are in most other countries. Cheers.
cute_angel

Con

That's true that some countries need to be developed in this case. but as you have agreed that India has shown changes, slowly and gradually that will be seen in other countries too. Women themselves need to raise the voice. In India not only women but people like Raja Rammohan Roy also raised their voices. In other countries too men and women have to unite for the change. India and many other countries has accepted women and men equally, others will too.
NinjaD0lphin

Pro

Another good thing to think about that one commenter mentioned is the sexual assault. It isn't uncommon for women to be taken advantage of in all countries. 91% of all rape victims in the United States are female and 99% of rapists are male. Women obviously are being taken advantage of. As for the commenter that said men are more mentally and physically strong and make more rational decisions, I challenge that notion. First off, women are great endurance runners. They can push path physical limits and mental limits allowing them to run for longer distances easier. They are also better educated (60% of masters degrees go to women) which I associate with being rational. I think it's fair to say that men and women are about equal, mentally and physically.
cute_angel

Con

As the commenters raised the point of rape, I must say that it is something different from the topic.
It is generally the male ego- to dominate. As the terrorist wants to increase their terror in mind of people, these men want to show their dominance to the women. They can't accept women being treated equally. But the modern time women is strong enough to stand against such men. Various programmes such as Ek Hasina Thi ( Star Plus), Mai Naa Bhulungi (Sony) show how the women are fighting for their right against male dominance. The 16th December case is worth mentioning here. Whole Delhi was with that victim, whether men or women. Everyone wanted justice for her, even though they didn't knew her personally.
So how can we say that they are not being treated equally?
Posted by Osiris_Rosenthorne 2 years ago
Osiris_Rosenthorne
No, but men definitely are.
Posted by Craighawley215 2 years ago
Craighawley215
I question the 77% of every doll a man makes argument, mainly because there are a lot of differences regarding gender dominated industries. For example: how many blue collar jobs are there in America, and how many women pursue those types of jobs?
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
The gender gap is far from closed. Around 1/5 of women will be raped in the US. Millions of women are sold as sex slaves.
Posted by Complicated-Character 2 years ago
Complicated-Character
I like how both sides kept their cool here. Getting mad at anyone over this would only widen the gap between the two genders, which is slowly closing now. I just have one thing to say: how many women do you hear wanting to work in a coal mine? And how many teenage boys want to work babysitting? I could be wrong, but it seems like there are certain jobs that are gender specific. But I'm all for equal treatment and rights.
Posted by Mussab 2 years ago
Mussab
" A man makes a dollar while a woman makes 77 cents"
Well we do more work. And nothing matters except the results. If women were paid the same as men and men did more work, then of course no business would a hire a woman because they can hire a man who can do it better and in a more beneficial way.
Do you want equal results?
Then build communism
Posted by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
Troll bait below XP. Nice round though, "feminatzi." Don't forget to talk about rape: oscillates between 1/4 and 1/5 of women raped or sexually assaulted before or during college.
Posted by SuperHans 2 years ago
SuperHans
Women, rational... hahaha thats hilarious. Female brains are wired to be more emotional than rational. And that fact that YOU find women to be more rational means absolutely nothing, feminazi. Theres a reason why men dominate women. Its because we are rational and we make the strong choices and are stronger both mentally and physically.
Vote Placed by Blade-of-Truth 2 years ago
Blade-of-Truth
NinjaD0lphincute_angelTied
Reasons for voting decision: Both debaters were equal in regards to Conduct, S&G, and Sources. Neither displayed poor conduct, neither made any major grammatical/spelling errors, and neither utilized sources in this debate. The sole determining factor here would be arguments. In that regard, Pro came out ahead. This is due to Con failing to really show how men and women are truly equal throughout the world. Instead, Con presented cases where women are slowly gaining equality through raising their voices and over time. This fails to meet the standard set forth by the resolution where the discussion in on whether women are still treated unequally or not. Con's own admission of women 'working towards' equality means that they are not yet equal. Due to this, Con failed to provide any rebuttals that truly challenged the position taken by Pro in relation to the resolution at hand. Because of this, Pro takes arguments.