Nosdoh
TheInstagator

Doctor Who or Star Wars?

Nosdoh

Pro

Ok, so, I'm quite a whovian, but, I still like Star Wars. So, lets have a little Geek debate. Which is better? Doctor Who or Star Wars?

(Pro is Doctor Who, Con is Star Wars)
TheInstagator

Con

I will be the con in this debate. May the best nerd win!
Nosdoh

Pro

Ok, so, Star Wars. You have no time travel! Star Trek travels in time, Superman travels in time, why not Star Wars? Plus, the show Doctor Who is now 50 years old, and still going strong. Star Wars #1 enemy = clones. Doctor Who #1 enemy = Daleks! Cybermen! Weeping Angels! Star Wars is just hoping that Disney makes the next movies as good as the originals, but as I said before, the Doctors still going strong. Plus, best actors ever: David Tennant, Matt Smith, etc. Star Wars #1 villain = Darth Vader. Ooo... scary. Doctor who #1 villain = The Master? The aliens also, better in Doctor Who. Assassins that turn into stone when looked at, immortal time travelers with two hearts, and even evil robots that will EXTERMINATE all. Pretty cool. Star Wars aliens are just down right hideous. Jabba the Hut. He should join biggest loser. And jabba's pet in the basement: it looks like a mutant frog. your move.
TheInstagator

Con

Star Wars proves that you don't need time travel when you have other fascinating aspects of your movie. With hyper speed and intergalactic travel, you don't need some time travel to be able to go back and tie loose ends with. Also, Star Wars has more realism to it, given it is a sci-fi movie. The aliens are grotesque and show off the movies ability to draw you in with such disgusting creatures that you feel compelled to not like them. Darth Vader is a villain which is a dark and mysterious man who has grown to be a massive icon in the series. Doctor Who relies on too many villains to try and tie the show together. I understand this is due to the development of time travel and the changing of scenery. Star Wars, even when the movies where finished, created so much of a fanbase that they clamored for the series which spun off of the movies (i.e. Clone Wars). Even to this day, people still watch the original Star Wars far more then the original Doctor Who. Also, David Tennant is a good actor, but not in comparison to some of the high name actors and actresses in the movie. At least when the main character in Star Wars dies, you know they are gone for good, and the story will develop around, not just do a basic change.
Nosdoh

Pro

Nosdoh forfeited this round.
TheInstagator

Con

Well, that wasn't expected. I still respect you as a fellow nerd, and I have to say

Vote Con!!!