Thesilence
MasterKage

Doctor who battle! Darleks are more stronger than the Doctor

Thesilence

Thesilence

Pro

Hi I'm a newbie and I love doctor who. The reason I'm doing this debate about this topic because I want to know the end. Also,I'm a Korean so please do not judge me about my grammar and also round1 is only about accepting... Thanks.... Also the doctor must work on his own and he can not use any allies like the human race, Rose Tyler, Captain jack.etc
MasterKage

Con

Doctor Who eh?

Theres no way I could pass this up, so I accept.

Good luck.
Thesilence

Pro

I thank you for taking this debate and excusing my grammar. I look forward for a great debate!
Ok since a lot of people does not know the darleks and the doctor so I'll do a brief introduction about them.

The Doctor is a Time Lord, an extraterrestrial from the planet Gallifrey, who travels through time and space in an internally vast time machine called the TARDIS (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) which appears relatively small when seen from the outside and almost always appears like a 1950s British police box. The Doctor explores the universe at random, using his extensive knowledge of science, technology and history to avert whatever crisis he encounters. The imprecise nature of his travels is initially attributed to the age and unreliability of the TARDIS's navigation system. However, the 1969 serial The War Games reveals that the Doctor actually stole the TARDIS, and subsequent stories such as Planet of the Dead, The Big Bang and The Doctor's Wife have incorporated this. He was presumably unfamiliar with its systems but was able to operate it correctly until his exile when the Time Lords wiped it from his memory. The Doctor initially had the manual for operating the TARDIS but destroyed it because he "disagreed with it". After his trial and exile to twentieth century Earth, the Doctor still visits other planets on missions from the Time Lords who pilot the TARDIS to precise locations for him. After his exile is lifted, the Doctor returns to his travels and demonstrates the ability to reach a destination of his own choosing more often than not. In the 2011 episode "The Doctor's Wife", the Doctor tells the TARDIS (whose matrix, or soul, was temporarily transferred to the character Idris) that she has never been very reliable in taking him where he wanted to go. The TARDIS explains that she always took the Doctor where he needed to be. In "Journey's End", the Doctor states that the reason for the previous bumpy navigation was that the TARDIS is meant to have six pilots, but in "The Time of Angels" River Song demonstrates superior piloting skills and says the Doctor pilots the TARDIS "with the brakes on" (hence the classic noise). The Doctor generally travels with one or more companions. Most of these make a conscious decision to travel with him, but others, especially early in the series, are accidental passengers or kidnap victims.ed.

The Daleks i/ˈdɑːlɛks/ are a fictional extraterrestrial race of mutants from the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. Within the series, Daleks are cyborgs from the planet Skaro, created by the scientist Davros during the final years of a thousand-year war against the Thals. They are genetically engineered Kaled mutants integrated within a tank-like or robot-like mechanical shell. The resulting creatures are a powerful race bent on universal conquest and domination, utterly without pity, compassion or remorse. Various storylines portray them as having had every emotion removed except hate, leaving them with a desire to purge the Universe of all non-Dalek life. Collectively they are the greatest enemies of the series' protagonist, the Time Lord known as the Doctor. Their catchphrase is "Exterminate!"

I copyed this from wikipedia because I'm a busy man :)

OK, so my first argument is that the Doctor seems that he can never win alone. The Doctor always win the battles between the Darleks, but if we think about it... Can he win alone?? I never saw the classic series so I will start with Christopher's 'The parting of the ways.' The Doctor sent back Rose Tyler with his Tardis and he was planting his bomb but he didn't use it because he knew that it will kill other people too. He admited defeat and opened his arms. He survived only because Rose Tyler cam back and turned them into dust. Let's think about if there was no Rose Tyler... Do you think that the Dalek Emperor would have shown mercy?? He would have been dead on the spot.
Otherwise then that, in David Tennent's 'The evolution of the Daleks', do you think the flying Dalek would have stopped its extermination if the human Dalek diddn't stop him??

My second argument is that however luck helps the Doctor, the Daleks keep coming back. The Daleks came out over 20 years ago and the doctor kills them by the hundred. Personally, I thought 'the parting of the ways' was the end of the Darleks! Still they made this void and came back, and after that they went to an another dimension. After that, there was the ultimate Mr. handsome Davros who kindly was the last foe of Davis Tennent( leaving out'the end of time') and after being defeated they make an another appearance on 'Victory of the Daleks.' They were actually eaten by time with everything in 'The Big Bang' still they are almost the top survivors alongside with the Doctor.

Each time the Doctor regenerates, it means a loss and that he must do that to survive. In that process, he loses his identity and needs to leave all friends that he met in that form. The Daleks however, have nothing to lose. They are just aliens inside robots and they so they don't care about each other. This shows that A Dalek never fears a loss while the Doctor needs to lose everything if he loses.

I'll need to end my speech here and I hope for your wonderful next speech and hope to finish this wonderful debate!
A gatefold magazine cover, depicting a nighttime scene with four gold Daleks in the foreground, the railing of a bridge in the midground, and the Perpendicular Gothic towers of the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben in the background. The left half of the image contains the text "Radio Times" in the top, and "VOTE DALEK!" in the lower left. A small black-and-white photograph is superimposed on the upper left of the right side of the image; that photograph, taken from a slightly different angle, shows four Daleks crossing the same bridge, with the same building in the background.Eleventhdoctornew.jpg The doctor and a Dalek! Both of them are so handsome!!!!!!! Vote Dalek!!!!!!! Sorry, Matt smith (chuckles)
MasterKage

Con

I thank my opponent for their response.

This round will be entirely for refuting each of his arguments.

OK, so my first argument is that the Doctor seems that he can never win alone. The Doctor always win the battles between the Darleks, but if we think about it... Can he win alone??

The Doctor has won many battles without any companions.
In the Voyage of the Damned episode, he had no companions.

I never saw the classic series so I will start with Christopher's 'The parting of the ways.' The Doctor sent back Rose Tyler with his Tardis and he was planting his bomb but he didn't use it because he knew that it will kill other people too. He admitted defeat and opened his arms. He survived only because Rose Tyler cam back and turned them into dust. Let's think about if there was no Rose Tyler... Do you think that the Dalek Emperor would have shown mercy?? He would have been dead on the spot.

The being you are mentioning was not Rose Tyler, but in fact the "Bad Wolf". http://tardis.wikia.com...(entity)
The Bad Wolf had much greater powers than Rose Tyler.
One of them, like you said, was an ability to disenigrate enemies.

Otherwise then that, in David Tennent's 'The evolution of the Daleks', do you think the flying Dalek would have stopped its extermination if the human Dalek didn't stop him??

They other Daleks only trusted the "human dalek" because he was originally the leader of the Cult of Skarrow.

My second argument is that however luck helps the Doctor, the Daleks keep coming back.

Well this is because the Daleks are one of the Doctor's deadliest enemies, as well as the fan base for the Daleks.

This is not really a loss per se, he gains more knowledge and experience each time he regenerates.
Also, there has been numerous times where the Doctor has visited previous companions and helped them even if he exceeded the form he was when they were originally his companion.

I have refuted each of my opponents points.

Good luck.

Thesilence

Pro

Hi again and I thank my opponent for his response.
This round will be entirely be about rebutting my arguments by attacking his refutations.

He reasonly said that:

I saw this and I thought ' yes! what! Huh? no! Uh! uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh' I finally concluded my brain by saying it is true that he did won many battles without his companions, still I think that he can't win DARLEKS alone and after all this is about daleks. Don't you think?? (P.s Is 'voyage of the damned' fun? If it is I should see it:D )

Secondly he said
The being you are mentioning was not Rose Tyler, but in fact the "Bad Wolf". http://tardis.wikia.com......(entity)

Yeah I know that it is the Bad wolf. In the 'parting of the ways' Rose says that " I am the Bad Wolf." making her the bad wolf! ( I love the sarcasm in Doctor who!!!!!)

Thirdly, he said that :They other Daleks only trusted the "human dalek" because he was originally the leader of the Cult of Skarrow.

Yeah, I know he is the leader. The handsome dalek Sec still ordered them to stop. Leader or not, He helped the Doctor. ( Yay!!!!! More sarcasm and turnovers!!!!)ALso it's 'Skaro' not 'Skarrow'

Next, he said:Well this is because the Daleks are one of the Doctor's deadliest enemies, as well as the fan base for the Daleks.

I also know the daleks have a fan club and I'm a owner of the DFCK(Dalek Fan Club Korea) This doesn't mean that the daleks are not strong and we're talking about the story not the actual back ground.

Finally, he said: This is not really a loss per se, he gains more knowledge and experience each time he regenerates.

Okay, this I agree with but this was not one of my arguments and this was just to finish my speech...( SEE I TOLD YOU, ME!!!!!!!!!! WRITE A BETTER CONCLUSION TO NOT GET COMMENTS LIKE THESE!!!!!!! this was a message to myself:P)

I don't have much time today so I'll end my speech here and I hope my opponent will have a wonderful debate and post some awesome arguments! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
vote darlek! (IT'S NOT EVEN VOTING PERIOD YOU dORK!! An another comment to myself :P)
p.S aooni6.22 is awesome like Matt smith!!

MasterKage

Con

I finally concluded my brain by saying it is true that he did won many battles without his companions, still I think that he can't win DARLEKS alone and after all this is about daleks. Don't you think??

You stated "OK, so my first argument is that the Doctor seems that he can never win alone."
You never specified the Daleks in this sentence; this sentence is your contention sentence.

The "Bad Wolf" was not Rose Tyler.

"After looking into the Heart of the TARDIS, Vortex energy (if not theTime Vortex itself) filled Rose Tyler, who then temporarily became the Bad Wolf entity."

The human Dalek was Sec.

I'll ask that you use "powerful" instead of strong, because there is an easy semantic argument that I could use (I won't).

You had your conclusion after this argument and since it was a valid argument I had to respond to it.
Since this is not a refutation (he even agreed with me) there is nothing to refute.

I will now present two arguments against the resolution.

Contention 1: The Doctor's knowledge and cunning.

The Doctor's main way of attacking is to use his extensive knowledge to his advantage instead of actual brawn which the majority of his enemies use.

The Doctor's estimated age is over 900 years old, since he was born he had begun learning and gaining knowledge and uses it to his advantage against all of his enemies.

Contention 2: He has beaten the Daleks every time.

The Doctor has beaten the Daleks with his knowledge every time.
Regardless if they return, he will always defeat them.
He has countless times, so why not again and again?

I am done for now.

Thesilence

Pro

Hi again~~~~~ I still like this awesome debate!!!!!!! I also wish my opponent is having a great time too. SO I'LL BEGIN WITH MY REFUTATION!!!!!!

My opponent first said: You stated "OK, so my first argument is that the Doctor seems that he can never win alone."

This means that I meant the 'Daleks' and that this is my contention and I will be using it as an argument.

Secondly, he said:The "Bad Wolf" was not Rose Tyler.

"After looking into the Heart of the TARDIS, Vortex energy (if not the time Vortex itself) filled Rose Tyler, who then temporarily became the Bad Wolf entity."

I actually thought about this refutation and I finally found it very wrong. The 'Bad Wolf' is a company which is actually 'Bad Wolf corporation.' Rose used the words 'Bad Wolf' as a sign to guide her here and defeat the daleks.

Thirdly, he said:The human Dalek was Sec.

....Yeah I know that..... Still, he did stop the extermination so sec helped him 'in a way.'

I will now refutate my opponent's arguments

His first argument was The Doctor's knowledge and cunning.

Yeah, he has this awesome brain that helped him get surrounded by daleks in 'the parting of the ways.'
The same brain helped him get shot by a dalek in 'the stolen earth.' The same brain which helped him get stuck in the Pandorica in ' The Pandorica opens.'

His second argument was that He has beaten the Daleks every time

This is exactly what I want to talk about! Yes, he did beat them. Still, we are talking about an another scenario which there are no friends to the Doctor. Do you think he would have survived and won battles in 'the parting of the ways', 'Journeys end' and etc.?

I actually enjoyed this debate and I am now going to debate with my dear pal ,AL about River Song fixing the fixed point in time. I thank you masterkage and I hope you become a good time lord like the Master. Thank you~~~~~~~~
MasterKage

Con

I actually thought about this refutation and I finally found it very wrong. The 'Bad Wolf' is a company which is actually 'Bad Wolf corporation.' Rose used the words 'Bad Wolf' as a sign to guide her here and defeat the dalek

If you were using the Bad Wolf corporation than you should have clarified so we are using the Bad Wolf entity.

The Bad Wolf was the TARDIS heart, so it was technically the TARDIS helping the doctor.

Yes he has over 900 years of knowledge, he would have thought of soemthign to get out of each of these situations.

Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
You too.
It was rather interesting.
Posted by Thesilence 5 years ago
Thesilence
Thanks Masterkage for having a really good debate~~~~~
Posted by kyro90 5 years ago
kyro90
Im glad someone made a debate about this. Im a big fan! ^_^
Posted by Thesilence 5 years ago
Thesilence
I wonder where those strange marks and descriptions came from????
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
Lol, don't worry about grammar to much if your new. It's accepted. Just be sure to correct it as soon as possible.
Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
Great. I'll be looking forward to it.
Good luck.
Posted by Thesilence 5 years ago
Thesilence
sorry....... I'm not American.... I think I can post it today or tomorrow
Posted by MasterKage 5 years ago
MasterKage
I wouldn't focus too much on grammar for Pro, he is new.

I just hope he does not forget about this site like Chasereynolds did.
Posted by OberHerr 5 years ago
OberHerr
More stronger?...........Yeah sorry, but the Newbie shows. Use the spellcheck.
Vote Placed by 16kadams 5 years ago
16kadams
ThesilenceMasterKageTied
Reasons for voting decision: I am an even voted because I didnt know about this until now. But pro had better arguments overall. Con won on some of the less important ones, but overall pro came out on top barely. Since it was lose I will make it a 2 and 3