TheDodoLord
famousdebater

Dodos are not extinct

famousdebater

TheDodoLord

Pro

I say dodos are real and living because i am the dodo lord and whoever shot a dodo is dead to me. how could they attempt to kill such an amazing creature in the first place.
for i know dodos will rise again.
famousdebater

Con

Accepted. The BoP is shared.
TheDodoLord

Pro

Well dodos are real and im the evidence nuff said u can see my profile picture (thats me).
famousdebater

Con

The dodo, or Raphus cucullatus if you want to get fancy, is an extinct species of flightless bird that was native to the tiny island nation of Mauritius before it sadly died out.

My opponent has awarded me the spelling nad grammar points and this is evident since they have failed to capitalize 'I' and 'I'm'.

The dodo became extinct for three reasons. First, before humans arrived on Mauritius – an island in the Indian Ocean where the dodos had evolved – they had no natural predators and as such were easy to hunt by travellers looking for a food supply. Second, the humans who landed on Mauritius brought with them numerous foreign animals not native to the island such as pigs, dogs, and macaques, which are reported to have frequently raided the dodo’s nests to take their young. Finally, as more and more of Mauritius became colonised so that its natural resources could be harvested and exported, habitat loss severely reduced the territory in which dodos could successfully live and reproduce.
TheDodoLord

Pro

im a dodo proof given...
famousdebater

Con

My opponent's poor spelling and grammar is poor so S AND G point goes to me. Essentially my opponent concedes in the comments by stating that this debate isn't serious as well as this my argument is accurate and hasn't been refuted adequately by my opponent. Therefore I have met my burden of proof and have won the debate.
Posted by TheDodoLord 1 year ago
TheDodoLord
WAIT DODOS ARE NOT OSTRICHES!!! and Sciguy what is im serious there are tons of debates that are jokes on this website... just find a debate u like don't criticize mine.
Posted by Anonymous_Whale 1 year ago
Anonymous_Whale
Dinosaurs are also still alive as well. They are called crocodiles and turtles. Dodo's are ostriches. (ps don't take me seriously its just this debate topic made me x100 times stupider)
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
DodoLord, you are a troll and are scum on DDO. Dodos went extinct long ago and will NEVER come back to existence.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
TheDodoLordfamousdebaterTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro doesn't meet their burden of proof at all. The only proof Pro gives is, "I'm a dodo," which I can't buy at all, since it (1) is insufficiently warranted, and (2) isn't explained whatsoever. Con shows that humans caused the extinction of dodos in Mauritius. While Con has no sources, the onus is entirely on Pro, which Pro fails to fulfill. As such, I have no choice but to vote Con on arguments.