Godstruth
paradoxnoname

Does Abortion Kill a Baby?

paradoxnoname has forfeited round #4.

Godstruth

Con

I want to debate someone who believes that abortion is not murder, because it does not kill a baby. I will argue the opposite. I believe that abortion is the termination of a human life, created by God, thus is murder.
First round is acceptance only. Second round is for arguments, no rebuttals, and the last two rounds are for arguments and rebuttals.
Good luck, opponent!
paradoxnoname

Pro

Hi, I would like to debate. I also agree with your notion that abortion is technically murder.
Godstruth

Con

Death is measured by when someones brain waves stop. Isn't it also reasonable to measure the beginning of life this way? In the words of Randy Alcorn, "What do we call it when a person no longer has a heart beat or brain waves? Death. What should we call it when there is a heartbeat and there are brain waves? Life" [1]. A baby has a heartbeat by the fifth week [2]. There is no difference (save locationally) between a baby who is about to be born, and one who is just born. The philosophy of abortion leads us down a dangerous path. If an unborn baby is not human deserving full rights, then is a baby who is just born? If abortion is allowed, why shouldn't infanticide be allowed? And if that, why not murders?

[1] http://www.abortionmyths.ca...

[2] http://www.newhealthguide.org...
paradoxnoname

Pro

First, I would like to examine the question at hand. When asking "Does Abortion Kill a baby?", it implies we are arguing if abortion is the death of a child or not rather than the morality of Abortion. When Aborting, you end the babies life, therefore it does kill the baby. There is nothing debatable about what abortion is.
Godstruth

Con

So you agree that abortion kills a child, and is murder, yet you support it? Murder is wrong. Like I said earlier, if we legalize the murder of children not yet born, then why shouldn"t we legalize the murder of young children, because they are work for the mother, relying on the woman"s body for food (breastfeeding)?
Unless we have a moral obligation against abortion, the only thing that keeps us from wholesale murder of other humans is an arbitrary age. This is not right. Where would you draw the line? Is it right to murder a child just born (partial birth abortion)? If not, why? I want to see your honest opinions.
For the purpose of this debate, we are arguing the morality, specifically of abortion. I don't know of many people who believe it is fine to kill baby's, come on man. We want to find out if it is okay to kill baby's.
paradoxnoname

Pro

Do you not realize you are against the fact that abortion kills babies. You're arguments are all based about the fact that babies are being murdered. WE ARE NOT ARGUING ABOUT THE MORALITY OF ABORTION.

Thank you for debating for me.
Godstruth

Con

So answer my question: since you believe that abortion is "technically murder", and an unborn fetus is a baby, and you are fine with abortion, are you saying that you are fine with murdering babies? Answer the question.
Posted by subdeo 9 months ago
subdeo
are you going to answer his question?
Posted by paradoxnoname 9 months ago
paradoxnoname
im sorry i forgot to check this debate. you guys obviously don't understand how debates work. You cant just change the topic of the debate half way through the debate
Posted by subdeo 9 months ago
subdeo
You aren't going to forfeit, are you, paradoxnonoame?
Posted by Godstruth 10 months ago
Godstruth
I'll plan to do that soon. Thanks for the invite.
Posted by Iacov 10 months ago
Iacov
It would appear paradoxnoname is not familiar with the structure of debate.org. Godstruth I invite you to recreate this debate but issue the challenge directly to me. I will be debating that abortion does not kill a baby.
Posted by Iacov 10 months ago
Iacov
I will be watching this debate good luck to you both.