Normerican
Reformist

Does Athiesm contradict itself?

Normerican

Pro

Second Debate. I am pro. Con believes Athiests do not contradict themselves.
Reformist

Con

Because Pro hasn't told us what about atheism contradicts itself I shall just accept

However BOP is on you since your the one making the claim

Hope this will be fun
Normerican

Pro

Firstly, I would like to thank and welcome my opponent and anyone who is viewing this debate. In order to expand on the general title of the debate, I will specify the Pro's case, and the Con's case. After my opponent reads this, he will have to accept the requirements listed in this debate:

Pro/for: The pro in this debate is arguing for the case that Atheism is hypocritical to the religions and religious texts/faiths that it criticizes. These contradictions make for another case that Atheism is just as immoral, flawed, and unethical as other religions are. The pro will have to use historical evidence, sources, and biblical texts in their arguments.

If the pro can prove or convince, more so than the con can counter, that: Atheism's contradictions in denying other faiths, or signs of hypocrisy in denying other's face is ethics, are enough to make Atheism just as unethical as other religions, then the pro wins.

Con/against: The con in this debate is arguing against the case that Atheism is hypocritical and contradictory in pointing out other faiths flaws and bad ethics. The con will have to use historical evidence, sources, and biblical texts in their arguments.

If the con can prove or convince, more so than the pro can counter, that: Atheism does not contradict its own flaws with religion and religious texts/faiths/ethics, and that Atheism is not on the same "cult" level that Atheists claim non-secular religions are, then the con wins.

Rules:

No swearing or offensive language, this is an automatic win for the other side.

Forfeiting a round will result in an automatic cancel of the debate, or an automatic win, depending on the circumstances.

Schedule:

Round 1:

Acceptance

Round 2:

Further acceptance and guidelines of the debate

Round 3:

Opening Statements

Round 4:

Rebuttals

Round 5:

Further Rebuttals, and final statements.

If the con accepts these guidelines: Please type "accept" in response to this.

Thank you, and hope you enjoy the debate.
Reformist

Con

Okay

Still haven't heard your argument against atheism however so we aren't really debating
Normerican

Pro

I dk I give up.
Reformist

Con

So you forfeit the debate?

I was going to jump into semantics but if you want to quit fine
Normerican

Pro

Ya sorry nope.
Reformist

Con

Curious why you are forfeiting the debate?
Normerican

Pro

I don't like semantic-style debates. Using logical and taking everything to a literal perspective, it's quite annoying.
Reformist

Con

Well my opponent has FF the debate

Atheism cannot be contradicted

Vote Con

P.S: if you don't want semantics I suggest you leave this site. Everyone here is hungry for wins and they will use anything to win lol
Posted by TheKryken 1 year ago
TheKryken
Pro, for future reference, everything you've said so far should be in Round 1.
Posted by hldemi 1 year ago
hldemi
Noobs. In first round you must put definitions. Always !!!

Atheism has no rules, commandments, tenets, practices, scriptures, dogmas, doctrine, prayers, traditions, worship or anything else that can contradict itself. It is a simply not having a belief in God.

YOU CANNOT CONTRADICT ANYTHING SIMPLY BY NOT HAVING SOMETHING.
Its like saying that not having a spare pair of shoes contradicts itself.
Posted by BenDusk 1 year ago
BenDusk
Everyone can contradict themselves for sure, but many religious scriptures contradict themselves. It causes many religious people to contradict one another and even themselves. Sure atheists can contradict themselves.
Posted by kasmic 1 year ago
kasmic
lol