AnotherInconvenienttruth
Batman97

Does Believing In Billions of Years And/Or Evolution Affect Someone's Salvation?

AnotherInconvenienttruth has forfeited round #2.

AnotherInconvenienttruth

Pro

Hello everyone! I'm Justin Derby, and I'm a Christian Apologist and Young Earth Creationist. Today's debate will address whether or not believing in billions of years and/or evolution affects someone's salvation. I will be showing that believing in billions of years and/or evolution makes a so-called follower of Jesus a heretic (the Pro position).

Here are the rules for the debate:

1) you can incorporate whatever field of knowledge you want into the debate, as long as it pertains to the debate topic, and most importantly
2) YOU MUST ACTUALLY ADDRESS WHAT YOUR OPPONENT HAS TO SAY!!
The format of the debate will be as follows:

Round 1-- acceptance of challenge
Round 2-- opening statement and main argument
Round 3-- rebuttal of opponent's opening statement and argument
Round 4-- rebuttal of rebuttals
Round 5-- final rebuttals and conclusion
Batman97

Con

I accept Pro"s challenge and thank him for this great debate topic.
Posted by XxFoxlordxX 3 months ago
XxFoxlordxX
@backwardeden. The ,"debate" about whether or not God exists does not pertain to this debate. Although, I will concede the at besides for children up to a certain age, there is no automatic salvation.
Posted by backwardseden 3 months ago
backwardseden
There is no such a thing as someone's automatic salvation as the host of this debate assumes. I mean first he or anyone must prove that god(s)/ religion even exists in which case no one has. Then he and anyone must show the world exactly how this god(s)/ religion is practiced to everybody around the world so that what this god(s)/ religion wants is actually possible and truthful to that particular god(s)/ religion which indeed is an impossibility as there's no such a thing as proper interpretation as is true with the god of the bible. And let's say that this has been accomplished just for the sake of mere splintered argument... why should I or anyone believe in the sheer terror that is this god according to the bible?
Posted by missmedic 3 months ago
missmedic
Your making the false assumption that belief is a choice, when it is not. How do you supress your own knowledge and the background knowledge of science in favor of a belief? Does rational thinking require the adherence to beliefs at all?
Your reasoning makes intelligences a detriment to believing.
http://journals.sagepub.com...
Posted by canis 3 months ago
canis
Does knowilegde affect anything ?.. Sometimes our dreams.. Does believing in dreams affect anything ?... Sometimes our will to know.