Does Communism have merits

Keep in mind I do not believe communism is right, just has some decent ideas.

Round 1: acceptance

Round 2: Opening arguments (no rebuttal)

Round 3: Rebuttal

Round 4: Final arguements

Okay, I accept. I could take ether side, but this is a great subject. Let's hear it!

I forgot to say no rebuttals in round four. Thank you for accepting this match con I look forward to the rest of it. Good Luck!

I will answer your comment as well, no I am arguing that communism does have certain positive effects.

communism refers to modern communism not soviet communism.

I will present my opening arguments:

P1) It provides a set state of living for all, no one will be homeless or starving. (1)

P2) No one needs to worry about losing property as it is a non-for profit commonwealth economy. Some of the basic production methods (mining, forestry, ect.) are controlled by the people. (2)

P3) The strong communist makes an attempt to stop racism sexism murder and anarchy in general. (2)

P4) All people are equal. (3)

P5) A communist government works based on complete equal distribution. (3)

P5) Communism has a strong mostly univocal government that is always in agreement, this disallows a house divided and therefor a government shut down like the USA had. (4)

C (conclusion) Communism has a strong univocal and economically equal set of ideals.

I look forward to your arguments, thank you for accepting. Good luck.

Thank you, and I look forward to the coming rounds.
By the way, You had 2 "P5"s :)

Here would be a list some negative effects:

P1. When the government owns everything, people's rights to act with their possessions are taken away, and to do anything, permission is needed; if people own their homes and other items, they have some personal power over their own lives that they deserve. (

P2. If a rigid communist state's government is dissatisfactory, the people cannot willfully change it the way that any other government can.

P3. Education that is run buy the government will be biased and propaganda-based, opposing free-thinking and building an indoctrinated, single-viewed, homogeneous society.(

P4. The government is not backed by anything; it is an autonomous institution that owns everything. The people that work for the government have the same restrictions applied to them, and the government owns everything of theirs too, so they have no superiority in the system either. In a democracy (or republic/representative democracy), the people actually have an agreement and choose to run their own government a certain way, and the government is not infallible, but based directly on the will of people.

123456789123456789 forfeited this round.

What's the deal? Is this over?

Mechanic1c forfeited this round.
Posted by Mrbusdriver 2 years ago
Might be a good idea to understand the definition of a term before debating its merits.
Posted by Chimera 2 years ago
..... Both sides don't even know what communism IS .*facepalm*
Posted by Mechanic1c 2 years ago
So you're arguing that communism is ideally a good system?
Vote Placed by Ragnar 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit, con forfeited less... Next time please do not assume it's over, but write "extend all arguments" in each remaining round.