Memer66
PowerPikachu21

Does Five Nights At Freddy's Suck

Memer66 has forfeited round #2.
Started: 9/20/2016 Category: Games
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Memer66

Pro

Alright so Five Nights at Freddy's was fun for about 15 minutes. After the first or second play of the game the jump scares become totally predictable, making the game not only not fun but not scary. Speaking of not scary, jump scares are the cheapest form of horror, due to the fact that it's not scaring you with disturbing imaginary and twisted scenery and tones but instead a flashy image and a loud noise. When you jump at these scares it's not because your actually scared but you jumped because it's human instinct. After a jump scare happens your more pissed off then scared for about what just happened.
PowerPikachu21

Con

I was personally challenged to this debate. There's also only 1 hour to post an argument, RIP opponent, since he'll probably time out.

Five Nights At Freddy's is scary, because it has an atmosphere about it. Freddy laughs in the backround, there's miscellanious noises, it's dark, and animatronics are about to murder you.

But the main reason FNAF remained popular throughout the first 4 games is the story. A Purple Man is killing children, hacking animatronics, and there's all these little clues everywhere. Who is the Purple Man, why is he murdering everyone, and what exactly is Freddy Fazbear's Pizza (the company the series revolves around)? Heck, the story was so cryptic, fans demanded MatPat make theories on FNAF.

So will you respond in the next 60 minutes, Pro?

Eh, I got enough time for a rebuttal, so I might as well do this.

Rebuttal:

"Alright so Five Nights at Freddy's was fun for about 15 minutes. After the first or second play of the game the jump scares become totally predictable, making the game not only not fun but not scary." Well, similar could be said for many games. You get used to the scares after a bit.

"Speaking of not scary, jump scares are the cheapest form of horror, due to the fact that it's not scaring you with disturbing imaginary and twisted scenery and tones but instead a flashy image and a loud noise." Conceded.

"When you jump at these scares it's not because your actually scared but you jumped because it's human instinct. After a jump scare happens your more pissed off then scared for about what just happened." Markiplier never seemed angry after the first 5 jumpscares on any FNAF game.

In 10/20 mode in FNAF 2, he was angry because it was pure luck whether or not you survived.

I think the debate's complete.
Posted by kysn00bs 1 year ago
kysn00bs
yes
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
I won. :\ Memer66 challenged me to this debate, and he didn't even stay. That's what happens with a 1 hour time limit.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Also, did you choose me because we're both gamers? Makes sense. But my knowledge is pretty good, and some people are surprised, since I am only 14 years old, believe it or not. Also, I have minor autism.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Doing math... This debate could go on for a maximum of just under 8 hours, so the latest it could be finished is 12:12 am. Good thing that isn't after 7:00 am, since I have school.