Does God Exist (With a Twist)?

R1: Acceptance
R2: Opening Cases
R3: Rebuttals
R4: Rebuttals and Conclusions

I am a Christian- I strongly believe that God exists. However, for this debate, I have taken the Con stance- I will be arguing that God does not exist.

I would like my opponent to be an atheist. He/she may pick whatever religion they think is the best religion to argue for (preferrably Judaism, Islam, or Christianity. Christianity would be the most welcomed position as that will make for a more interesting debate).

We will both be arguing for opposite sides of what we really think. This is not a debate to use terrible arguments to make atheism/theism look bad. I will try to win the debate, and I would like my opponent to try his/her very best to win also.

BOP Will be shared because of the unique nature of the debate. Whichever person makes for a better case for their worldview will win.

Please read the instructions carefully before accepting. I want an atheist to swap worldviews with me and see who can make the best logical arguments for the new positions. I would also ask that my opponent name the religion he/she will be arguing for in the R1 Acceptance round.

I hope for a very interesting debate.

I will like to accept and thank my opponent for the challenge.
Personally I simply say and believes that 99.9% of all religions are totally false and actually are of Satan. Or just false traditions set up by man. I do like the biblical facts seen everywhere.
I am quite sure my stance will provide the twist that you seek.

Pro, you did not supply the religion you will be arguing for. You mentioned the Bible, so I will supply you with the religion of Christianity. You must do your best to argue that Christianity is true and atheism is false. I thank my opponent for accepting the debate and look forward to an interesting discourse.

Opening Case

Atheism is a simple position- we do not believe in any gods or goddesses. If one god or goddess was to prove his/her existence, we would cease to be atheist. As we do not see any proof for the existence of any type of deity, we assume that the universe came into existence by some method that science may some day provide the ultimate explanation for. There are some current theories about how the universe came to be, and none of these scientific theories needs God to create the universe.

We generally see theists as people who are either uneducated about modern science, or people who wish there to be more in life, so they put irrational faith in some deity. It is understandable, but we atheists do not believe in things because we wish them to be true. We care to discover reality, no matter how bleak it may seem, because it is fascinating.

Since we do not believe in life after death, or an ultimate objective morality, we live our lives the way we see fit. We don't allow ancient holy books to dictate how we should live our lives. We seek to live in such a way that is helpful to the community, and we take our lives as very precious, because of the limited time we have for existence.

The main claims for God is that he created everything, which science shows how He is not needed, and because ancient holy books are said to prove He exists. However, we as atheists see nothing extraordinary about the Bible, and it gives us no reason to believe in a Creator, Contrarily, the Old Testament makes us wish there is no God, because of how cruel He seems.

It is likely that God does not exist, because there is no evidence for his existence.

I did not offer a religion because I claim none. However I totally reject yours! I stand alone on the bible called the Word of God. So I will argue that that Christianity and Atheism are both false and the bible is true. There are over 43,000 Christian denominations all claiming to be the only way to God. But simply ignores the bible and blindly follow falsehoods, which are the traditions of men. Not the truth of God. Did God change the Sabbath Day or did men, claiming they were Christian?
Exo_31:16, Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Did God exclude our current generation?
Lev_16:31, It shall be a sabbath of rest unto you, and ye shall afflict your souls, by a statute for ever.
Lev_19:3, Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.
Lev_19:30, Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD. (Maybe God was just kidding?)
Lev_24:8, Every sabbath he shall set it in order before the LORD continually, being taken from the children of Israel by an everlasting covenant.

The bible teaches the truth about God with man here on earth. And how HE made Himself known to the world through His actual flesh family called Eve=Israel. But God's family rejected Him bringing in the times of the Gentiles that we are currently living in. Atheism and Christianity is actually very similar.
Example #1: Atheists say man evolved from goo through a zoo and there goes you.
Christians teach that all people races and nations evolved out of one man Adam.
Example#2. Atheist believe in science, psychology, logic and intellectual teachings of man. Claiming original thought. When actually God is creator and the master of those subject's.
Christians follow a doctrine created by priest (50%Gay) who educated the pastors to pimp the sheep. Serving men and not the God of the bible. But they babble Jesus all day. Never understanding that Christ will reject most who think they are saved. Because men told them that they were OK as long as they give at least 10%.
Mat_7:21, Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat_7:23, And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat_7:24, Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
My rock is Adam was is the Alpha of the bible, the Root of David the Man who hung on the cross and was in the Garden of God named Eden. Christians say mankind was in Eden with God. And all races evolved out of one family. But John said no man has ever seen God. Did Adam keep is eyes closed?
Joh_1:18, No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
No religion teaches the truth about what is actually written. So call me whatever you like, except Christian.

Standing alone on the word of God I know that from Adam to Jesus is carefully recorded umbilical cord to umbilical cord. Proving to me that Adam was is God Himself .
Luke 3:38, John 1:1-4, Rev.5:5, And my favorite verse that smashes all religions. Who started the line of David? Adam!!!!!
" Rev 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega the beginning and the end the first and the last. Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life and may enter in through the gates into the city. Rev 22:15 For without are dogs and sorcerers and whoremongers and murderers and idolaters and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. Rev 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright and morning star.

Atheist can easily brag and boast against God, yet show me one great nation built on Atheistic Law that is as great, powerful, and free where people risk their life and every dime they have, just to live there like here in USA one nation under God. Where you can choose your faith freely. Atheist would have serious issues in Islamic nations.

My opponents say's that he does not a allow ancient holy books to dictate how we live our lives. I ask the reader to ponder the moral decline of America. Atheist have actually gotten their way. America has embraced gay marriage, the drug culture, and open free sexual exchanges without commitment or caring about the family or the effect on children long term.

I offer my opponent something extraordinary about the bible. For years man assumed that the world was flat. The bible teaches wisdom. Notice Isaiah did not say a square.
Example#1 Isa_40:22, It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:
Example#2 The star of David lead the wise men from the middle east to the small city where Christ was living, taking at least two years to travel that distance. Who saw the boy child at home in a house, not some barn.

Mat_2:1, Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
Mat_2:7, Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
Mat_2:8, And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
Mat_2:9, When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
Mat_2:10, When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
Mat_2:11, And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.
Another Christian lie smashed!!!!!

To the Atheist I bet you can not accurately travel that distance on foot and camel back by using the stars. The wise men were sent by God, who know more than the king and his wise men, scribes and priests.

Rom_1:22, Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom_1:23, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom_1:24, Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom_1:25, Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom_1:26, For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
Rom_1:27, And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
Rom_1:28, And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

I say the bible is calling the actions of man very accurately.

My opponent say's no actual evidence! I ask him to look on the back of the dollar bill. Guess who is there? In God We Trust!

Go to a hotel in USA, even in sin city. What to you find? God's Word so no man has an excuse.

The Nation of Israel is evidence and the Jewish people is proof of the accuracy and creditably of God's Word.

No race except God's people ever got their nation back ever. No nation has ever rose to power in 65 short years to be as mighty as Israel, and my opponent say their is no God.

Prophecy is proof as well. The current state of Damascus is proof.
Isa_17:1, The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
Isa_17:3, The fortress also shall cease from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus, and the remnant of Syria: they shall be as the glory of the children of Israel, saith the LORD of hosts.
Jer_49:23, Concerning Damascus. Hamath is confounded, and Arpad: for they have heard evil tidings: they are fainthearted; there is sorrow on the sea; it cannot be quiet.
Jer_49:24, Damascus is waxed feeble, and turneth herself to flee, and fear hath seized on her: anguish and sorrows have taken her, as a woman in travail.

Egypt is proof!
Isa_19:1, The burden of Egypt. Behold, the LORD rideth upon a swift cloud, and shall come into Egypt: and the idols of Egypt shall be moved at his presence, and the heart of Egypt shall melt in the midst of it.

Isa_19:2, And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.
Isa_19:3, And the spirit of Egypt shall fail in the midst thereof; and I will destroy the counsel thereof: and they shall seek to the idols, and to the charmers, and to them that have familiar spirits, and to the wizards.

Queen Elizabeth has the actual throne or chair that King David sat on in her house.

I ask my opponent to examine current events, and rethink his position.

My opponent has only used arguments from quoting from the Christian Bible.

He has not given any reason why we can trust the stories in the Bible. It's a religious text that may have been written by priests hundreds of years after the events in which they are claimed to be in.

My arguments still stand against theism.

Actually my opponent either just told a bold faced lie, or did not read or understand my argument! You choose.
1.In God we trust being on the money is not in any bible.
2. USA is 1000's of years after the bible was written. If a nation is named after God,that is PROOF!!!!!!!
3. The fact that most nations have some form of worship to an higher being meaning a god!
4. Temples built at great cost means most believe, who cares what, some fly by night higher thinkers think? God say they are so smart they are stupid. Rom_1:22, Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
5. No other book is in every hotel in USA. Is proof that that book needs a second look. That long term commitment I say was inspired and funded with the help and origin with God. That is proof you can see!

My opponent ignored the prophecy example of Egypt, Israel and Damascus. Maybe atheist have their head in a bubble? Or have a bubble brain? Where did the Jewish flesh people come from? Was ignored as well.

The fact that King David existed means God exists! Was ignored as well!

1. In God we trust being on money does not prove God exists.

2. Being a nation under God does not prove God exists.

3. Argument ad populum does not prove God.

4. Argument ad populum again.

5. Argument ad populum agian.

Predictions that come true only proves luck, not that God exists.

The existence of King David doesn't prove that God exists.

There are not good arguments for God's existence- it is more rational to be an atheist.

The fact that God is on our money, actually proves that atheist have no evidence that God does not exist either. The fact that USA is the greatest nation in the world actually proves a nation run by atheist would be an terrible place to live. Example Russia, China, and N.Korea are atheist where most of the people live in fear, ruled by the 1% who can do whatever they like. And the weather sucks too! Or just kill a uncle because he did not clap loud enough. This reality happened in recently in N.Korea, and is business as usual.

My opponent ignores still, that God throughout the bible tells the future of mankind through prophecy . My opponent only gave us his personal opinions. When the things of God are clearly seen. Through creation, and the witness of the stars and the heavens. My opponent thinks the alignments of the planets are pure accidental occurrences, and have nuot considered fingerprints and DNA given to each individual a identity. Why?

History proves that man has always sought his creator. And a God man named Jesus did walk the earth. My opponent offered nothing.
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
If God does not exist. Then why debate Mother Goose?
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
Really I just wanted to post NIN lyrics!
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
If you want to use that as a scapegoat be my guest. But the beast represents the ignorance or incapability to see your own actions and the ripple effect they cause. More than likely your actions are manipulated and not genuine. That is the nature of the beast.. to get you to believe anything so you will continue to feed it! Other than that... what are you talking about? My comment piggybacked off your opening statement. I was not claiming to know what you believe other than what you had stated! So unless you were "babbling falsehoods" as well. I do not understand your defensive position!
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
You mean the beast called NWO CFR Trilateral Committee or Federal Reserve. That is the real beast. Are you my judge? What do i really worship and how do you know that? What religion says the things I do? Are you babbling falsehoods?
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
The NIN song happiness in slavery also helps illuminate the frustrating and very real presence of a shared ignorance that blinds and binds you to servitude! Only a supreme all powerful totalitarian dictator would allow us to feed the beast. We are also enablers to this injustice because we are happy to be chained to that wall!
Posted by Finalfan 2 years ago
@telisw37: I was happy to see in your acceptance round that you have seen religion actually force you to worship a devil with the illusion of having some holy benevolent father as your protector. If I was the devil I would do everything in my power to convince you I was God. That is why I'm extremely careful about anything I put my faith and trust in! You truly cannot be certain you are worshipping the ruiner!

The ruiner's a collector, he's an infector. Selling his sht to his flies. Maybe there will come a day when those that you keep blind will suddenly realize. Maybe it took me to a place I hoped I would never go and maybe that messed me up more more than you'll ever know.

The Ruiner's got a lot to prove he's got nothing to lose and he made you believe that the ruiner's your only friend but he's the living end to the cattle he deceives. The ruining of the innocent. You know the ruiner ruins everything he sees and the only pure thing left in this freaking world is wearing his disease!

How did you get so big? How did you get so strong?- Trent Reznor NIN

I know how the ruiner got so strong! All of his followers who truly believed they were in the presence of a divine omni benevolent being!
Posted by wateva232 2 years ago
I would like to debate this with you again. I will argue for Islam ( I am an agnostic), and you argue for Agnostic Atheism.

Sounds intuitive.
Posted by telisw37 2 years ago
The video that got me kicked out of the church that I was married in.
Posted by dkcrooby 2 years ago
This will be interesting. My understanding was that if one was to believe in satan, then surely the belief in god would be just as relevant? As an atheist the notion that satan exists has never crossed my mind, because both satan and god stem from the same ideology.