C_e_e
lannan13

Does God Exist? (remaining rounds)

Debate Cancelled
This debate was cancelled by the Instigator. If you are C_e_e, login to see your options.
Updated: 7 months ago Status: Cancelled by Instigator

C_e_e

Con

According to regular users of this site, when a debate has a forfeited round it becomes uncompletable and is never updated.[1] That is unfair to the efforts of both debaters.

The two rounds of this debate merely serve as completable rounds for the indefinitely, uncompletable, remaining two rounds of our debate number 96117.

Voters on this debate should first read the preceding three rounds of our debate at this link http://www.debate.org... , and our two rounds here, before voting. Thanks.

[1] http://www.debate.org...
Posted by C_e_e 7 months ago
C_e_e
Well, be sure to save our debate using your preferred method, so that we'll both have a copy to paste from. I'll be using right click save as html. I'll message Airmax1227 and let him know what we agreed to.
Posted by lannan13 7 months ago
lannan13
Sorry, had work, anyways. I will be able to repost my arguments.
Posted by C_e_e 7 months ago
C_e_e
Can you give your word that if the debate is restarted that the already submitted rounds will be resubmitted verbatim to allow for a prompt return to the active round rather than a do-over of the debate?
Posted by C_e_e 7 months ago
C_e_e
Do I have your word that if the debate is restarted there will be rapid, unchanged, resubmittions verbatim of precisely what was said the first three rounds? All that is needed is copies and pastes to get the debate back to the active round. And, that can be done in minutes. I feel all this is to help you out. Given today is the 16th of December, and the debate shows to have been started the 16th of October, I feel I've been quite patient and generous through all those months.
Posted by lannan13 7 months ago
lannan13
We simply PM Airmax1227 and he'll reset the last debate to R1 again.

I know it doesn't seem like much, but trust me on this one. When I was in the Voters' Union group on DDO, it was things like this that discouraged even the group of top voters from voting on some debates.
Posted by C_e_e 7 months ago
C_e_e
How does a restarted debate work? Would it enable people to change prior submitted rounds?
I honestly don't think that it is too much to ask to ask for voters to simply click a link, read the proceeding rounds there, and return to this page before voting. I don't see that as the sort of thing that demands so much effort to avoid.
Posted by lannan13 7 months ago
lannan13
I think it would be better to just restart the debate and have Max delete the last one, because it would better help out the voters.