Stealyogirl-osaurus
QueenAnnesRevenge

Does God Exist?

QueenAnnesRevenge

Stealyogirl-osaurus

Con

My argument is that God does not exist based on the fact that all "evidence" that has been proposed to me thus far has been without merit and sprouted out blindly from every person that has tried to convince me that God does in fact exist.

I am looking for a healthy debate where we can argue the existence of God through reason and evidence.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

Yes, I believe God Exists.

Scientists today want you to think that something does not exist, unless they can prove it, show it to you, or vice versa, something does exist because they can prove it. Now, scientists cannot prove, nor disprove God's existence.

People today have lost their way, as in soddom, people turn against God and start making up alternatives... Such as Darwin. Evolution is taught these days in general education, which I find pathetic and sad. Darwin was just a man, with an idea, nothing more nothing less. Not only that, Charles Darwin recanted before he died, turning his life over to God. Even Darwin did not believe in evolution in the end.... but you rarely hear of this.

They are taught that if given enough time, a monkey at a typewriter could punch keys at random and eventually type President's Abraham Lincoln Gettysburg Address. This is nonsense.
Time does not make impossible things possible.

Darwins evolution is clearly wrong, and false right away on these very obvious facts:
- Birds Prove Natural Selection is Naturally Wrong
- Species Without a Link Prove Evolution Theory is Wrong
- The "Living Fossil" Fish Proves Evolution is Wrong
- Missing Inferior Evolutionary Branches
- Single Cell Complexity Proves Evolution is Wrong
- Human Egg and Sperm Prove Evolution is Wrong
- DNA Error Checking Proves Evolution is Wrong
- Chaos From Organization Proves Evolution is Wrong
- Chromosome Count Proves Evolution is Wrong
-Origin of Matter and Stars Proves Evolution is Wrong

First :
The Earth, its perfect. The size is perfect, if it were smaller, we would have no atmosphere, if it were bigger it would contain free hydrogen as Jupiter does. This is what scientist say, of course you can say well, how do we know for sure? ok..

The perfect distance from the sun. The moon is the perfect size and distance from us as well, creating our tidal effect without spilling over the continents.
Water = Colorless, odorless, tasteless - yet no living thing can live without it. Humans are made up mostly of water. Most of the earth is made up of water. What is it? A gift from God.

The human brain... need I say more?

The eye - can distinguish among seven million colors. It has automatic focusing and handles an astounding 1.5 million messages -- simultaneously. Evolution focuses on mutations and changes from and within existing organisms. Yet evolution alone does not fully explain the initial source of the eye or the brain -- the start of living organisms from nonliving matter.

The big bang. Scientists and evolutionists believe the Universe began with a "big bang". Out of nothing, from nothing, and all of this started from..... you guessed it, nothing! Somehow, magically, because they have no other way to explain it.
If so, what caused it? What was here before the big bang? And so on.

Some have assumed that an evolutionary explanation of life would make God unnecessary. This overlooks some problems. Even if we assume that scientists will someday find enough "missing links" to confirm that life appeared and developed gradually over great periods of time, laws of probability would still show the need for a Creator. As a result, many scientists who believe in evolution believe also that the universe in all of its immensity and complexity did not "just happen." Many feel compelled to acknowledge the possibility or even likelihood of an intelligent designer who provided the ingredients for life and set in motion the laws by which it developed.

Much of life may seem uncertain, but look at what we can count on day after day: gravity remains consistent, a hot cup of coffee left on a counter will get cold, the earth rotates in the same 24 hours, and the speed of light doesn't change -- on earth or in galaxies far from us.

How is it that we can identify laws of nature that never change? Why is the universe so orderly, so reliable?

The greatest scientists have been struck by how strange this is.

----- Some scientist, marine biologist and those studying animals and behavior who were evolutionists, have changed their minds, and beliefs. They now believe in God, why? After studying certain techniques animals and insects use to move, ward off predators, plain and simply "live" etc. : some of these things simply could not be explained by science, in fact, the only thing that could explain what made these insects and animals the way they were, was a creator. It was the only explanation.
- Explain Love / Thank you
Stealyogirl-osaurus

Con

Stealyogirl-osaurus forfeited this round.
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

The instigator has forfeited the first round - I will stand to hear a rebuttal in the next round if he or she wishes to reply.
Stealyogirl-osaurus

Con

I apologize for forfeiting the previous round but my school work comes before this debate, I hope you understand.

It is actually a common misconception that Darwin recanted, his children, who were present at his death-bed, dispelled the notion that Darwin recanted and labeled it as propaganda.

I have been a part of the American education system for a long time and I was never taught that a monkey at a typewriter could punch random keys and arrive at the Gettysburg address (which although technically true is as likely as all the gas molecules of a room all moving to a given corner of that room at the same time). A highly educated human, however can of course come up with a speech as good as Lincoln's. The fact that you are trying to disprove intelligence by a piece of chance helps my cause, this monkey is not intelligent.

In no way do you support any of these claims that evolution is disproved by your given reasons. I personally am well versed in the subject of Biology and none of these claims are true and I challenge you to support them with evidence. Also, even if by some chance you were able to disprove Evolution, how does that prove creationism, creationism still must be proved which is not done by disproving evolution.

The simple fact that we exist, and Earth exists, and life can be sustained is by no means a proof of God. I believe you are referencing the idea of Intelligent design, every watch must have a watch maker and order must come with a being to create order (God). You are going off your own ideas that something must be designed. This world is by no means perfect, and how can you be sure that this world was designed (even though no design was involved). for people.

If you are trying to argue the idea of First cause then let me ask you the question: "Who created God?" Your argument is circular because you answer a question by arbitrarily defining a beginning and saying God created the universe. But what came before God? It is the exact same principal as what you are supposedly disproving.

First of all there are some missing links but there is enough to show us the continuity of evolution from one species to another. Secondly it is redundant to try and use science to disprove science. The fact that this Universe is bound by law does not prove that God exists, it might go towards proving Spinoza's God, which is nature itself. Our world happened based on chance and probability. Also, nature runs itself if God was only useful for being the creator, then why call him God.

My Argument now:

I think we can both agree that there is evil in this world, if not I think you should pay attention to the world. I therefore propose this paraphrase of Epicurus to you:
If God is willing to prevent evil but not able then he is not omnipotent. If God is able but not willing then he is malevolent. If he is both able and willing then there must be something that undermines God or else evil wouldn't exist. If he is neither able nor willing then he isn't God.

I would also like to disprove the idea that morality must come from God:
The existence of God is assumed in defining something that already exists (morality); therefore it is circular reasoning by attempting to show the existence of God in this manner.
The assumption of an omnipotent God leads to problems communicating a moral code in a clear way to people in an authentic manner.
The specification that morality is "hard-wired" by God (to circumvent the communication problem) implies that this argument from morality is dependent on direct creation actually happening, and that the Original sin didn't change/damage it.
There are explanations for the origin of morals other than "God did it".
When multiple religions/denominations each use this argument to justify their own version of deity, the credibility of the whole argument weakens. This is because the objective morality used for the premise is not exactly the same for each religion/denomination.
For Abrahamic religions, God's actions aren't exactly what most people can justify as "moral" when they are the ones performing such actions.

Also faith is a tricky concept. I don't have faith that 1+1=2. I also don't have faith that I need water to survive. Faith is only used when emotion is substituted for logic.

God is viewed and portrayed by religious people as having human-like properties. How can God be like the thing he created. Humans invented God, and they only did this because they were scared of death. The idea of the eternal soul undermines life. Why do we have such a beautiful, fleeting moment known as life only for it to extend beyond life.

I leave you with this quote:
"If you believe in forever then life is just a one night stand."
QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

Thank you for your response.
I am going to be fairly short on this because I have not much time. But to touch on some of your points:

"Who created God"? you asked, saying that because of the nature of my response, some then has to have created God... No, God always was and always is. He has always been there. Going back again to the last arguments about God being all, Alpha and Omega, he does not need a creator, he is the creator.
God does not need to be questioned, he created us, and he created the earth and everything upon it. He gave us all free will, since Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit, we have all been introduced to sin.
Which brings me to another question of yours: God gave us free will, to think and do as we wish. God does not condone evil, no one does - This is what happens when people have free will and sin, bad things will happen. The devil does have an effect on this of course, but God does not create evil, it is us that have created it.

I cannot bring you to a house in "Michigan", knock on the door, and show you God answering the door. People know God exists through faith, miracles, blessing and all the fantastic blessings and things that are bestowed upon us in our life. - If you do not believe in God, then what do you believe in? Just evolution, we grew up from monkeys and when we die we just descend into blackness? Then what is the point of being good? Why not have a ball, party, murder, drugs, sex, just go all out, rob a bank...?
And if you believe in being good, for the sake of just "being good", for no reason other than to please others around you, then why not believe in God, why not read the Bible, why not have faith in him, you can still be good, and be save too enjoy eternal life in paradise after death...? That is the question.

Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter"no errors.
(The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 10(2000) (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!

Again, sorry so short, I look forward to the last round and your response.
Stealyogirl-osaurus

Con

QueenAnnesRevenge

Pro

My opponent has once again forfeited a round - Thanks to all those viewing this debate. I do hope some of those non believers will look into the bible further, discover God and a relationship with him, for Jesus is the way. Peace.
Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge 2 years ago
QueenAnnesRevenge
Yea, you are right, I have no idea what vi_spex's comment means, at all. I just don't understand how people think writing like that makes any sense what so ever.
Posted by Rubikx 2 years ago
Rubikx
Honestly, just ignore the debate for now... did anyone actually read vi_spex's comment?? what in the world does it mean let alone what does it have to do with the topic?? seriously if your not going to post anything useful just stop posting stuff.
Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge 2 years ago
QueenAnnesRevenge
That question does not make sense. How can you be an atheist if you are God, he is the Alpha and Omega. He is all. God is God.
- I am having trouble trying to understand your point? or what kind of answer you are expecting from such a closed question...
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
If god does not believe in a higher being does that make him an Atheist?
Posted by kevin24018 2 years ago
kevin24018
at one point in history the earth was flat and we where the center of the universe all logic and evidence said so, it was impossible to go to the moon, people can't fly....
Posted by vi_spex 2 years ago
vi_spex
god exists, stories in my mind exist, superman exist, and superman dosnt come from reality so he is a creation of the mind, I am god, creator and creation, I can fly with superman, shoot his lasers, I am god
Posted by TheSymbiote 2 years ago
TheSymbiote
Lol Con you should just forfeit
Posted by RyddianDynia 2 years ago
RyddianDynia
Good luck con. Pro's arguments are weak. He talks fancy trying to get you to ignore the holes in his logic.
Vote Placed by Imperfiect 2 years ago
Imperfiect
Stealyogirl-osaurusQueenAnnesRevengeTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff