WarWorld
CJT2K17

Does God Exist

WarWorld

WarWorld

Con

I really do not believe that I was created by this divine being to sit on this hunk of rock and worship him. There is simply no proof of his existence besides the Bible. This goes for all religions too how can all of your religions be right. There is no way to prove this though without having a person die and then come back to life so I am building my opinion on shaky ground. With the Scientific advancements we gain every day it will probably be known how we came to be in the next 5 or 10 years or even less.
CJT2K17

Pro

Hello,
I saw your debate and am just getting back from church and thought that God was saying that I should challenge you to this debate. My opening argument is to tell you that the most common disbelief in the Bible is that the world was created in seven days. Science seems to contradict that by putting it into millions and millions of years. But if you think about it according to the Bible God has been around since the beginning of time. Do you think that God sees every single day an actual day? We are comparing two completely different perspectives. God's seven days could as well be equal to millions and millions of years. Breaking it down into parts. Day one: God said let there be light and there was light. The common scientific argument is the Big Bang Theory. The Big Bang Theory sounds a lot like if God would say let there be light. Also in my biology class (study of life) one of the first things that we were told was that life can only come from life. So if they say that the Big Bang theory is some small exception for this law. And if you say that I can use the Bible as a reference you should tell that to anyone who has written a world history book because the old testament has been used more in history books. There is a reason that the most informed on historic battles is in Israel( the holy land)
WarWorld

Con

In my opinion I do not think that the Big Bang theory caused the universe to be born. If this were true why do major explosions like nukes not create life. I also do not believe that we were created by a Divine force. If we were created by a God then he corrupted us pretty bad. I believe that this Earth was created by dust clouds in the universe that clumped together to make a large landmass and life was also created from whatever else is inside said dust clouds. We humans were just microscopic bacteria that adapted to the terrain around it.
Thank you
CJT2K17

Pro

God does not make faults he makes decisions God gave us the power of free will and in the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve man had fallen into temptation when they listened to the serpent and were made to impure for the garden of Eden. and I'm wondering if your saying that we were created by whatever else was in this "dust cloud" then that is like hitting the default setting something created life in there.
thank you
WarWorld

Con

If your God gave us free will than look where it got the human race we are terrible things. every Human being has raging greed which often leads us to complete ruin. Every great civilization has been destroyed by some sort of Greed related crisis. If God made us in his image does that not mean that he was a fairly corrupted person. I just can't bring myself to believe that I was created by a Divine being that I have never seen or have any evidence of. Science and Communism are the future of the human race and Religion will someday lead to the deaths of many people. With all this unexplored Space all around of us I highly doubt that the answer of our existence is in a book on this small planet. There is a lot that we don't know about our existences, but if God really does exist that would take away all the Fun.
Thanks for humoring me, take a break and watch Into the Wormhole. It's really good.
CJT2K17

Pro

CJT2K17 forfeited this round.
Posted by WarWorld 2 years ago
WarWorld
You should probably read The Non-Existence of God by Nicholas Everitt. It is one of the most balanced observations on theistic arguments that have ever had the pleasure of reading. Everitt further demonstrates that many of God's traditional attributes (e.g., omniscience, omnipotence, omnipresence, omnibenevolence) when considered, shows God's existence to be self-contradictory. I would recommend this book to theists and non- believers alike.
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
Back to the point though, God is a jealous God, and has the right to be. Would it bring you more glory if you created a robot that spit out the same "I love you" every time, or actually thought for itself and decided it loved you. Everything I do, I try to do for the glory of God. So, that mostly covers free will. God originally told Adam and Eve not to eat the fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, but the devil tempted them and they sinned, and man was cursed. They opened Pandora's box. So yes, that is where free will got us, the knowledge of good and evil. I will try to read any books and articles you give me. 90% of your issues seem to be about moral issues (I.e. God messed up) and the other 10% seems to be just how absurd it is at points (I.e. The ox head, the eating of baby's, gay sex, a woman turning into a salt pillar, basically a nuclear explosion over sodham and gamorha). May I remind you that a debate is to get to the truth, not just stubbornly argue. I'm not saying you have forgotten, I just want to make sure we dont lose sight of the fact that we are both people. Thank you
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
O my goodness I love you. But the filling in oreos makes me nauseated... :'(...
Posted by WarWorld 2 years ago
WarWorld
I would have to say that i'm between atheism and agnosticism because I believe some things are divine like Oreos and Doctor who
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
I'm gonna play devil's advocate here. So, we do not have enough data to prove a big bang, or even that the universe is expanding. For the data we have to prove this, we must be in the center of the universe. However, things are getting farther and farther away. Also, the big bang was not an "explosion" per say, but rather a HUGE amount of matter flooding an area. The initial velocity would overcome the vacuum, and the universe expansion would be slowing down. The thing this describes most completely is a black hole. This actually causes other debates, such as "a black hole stores data on it's outer surface or 'event horizon' and projects this data to make the item on the inside, if the universe is a black hole, does this mean we are projections of data here on two dimensional space? Are we the three dimensional data storage that projects in four space?". Sorry to blow up your comments, but the big bang was not an explosion. The theoretical big bang that probably never happened...
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
To expound upon the box again for optimal clarity, the idea of "God" is a hard one to come up with. So if we are in this box, something had to put the idea of "God" into the box.
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
I forgot about the box, you summed it up exactly, so how did the idea of "God" get here anyways?
Posted by Deablo1 2 years ago
Deablo1
You are right, there are many weird stories in the Bible, he made a vow to God, and part of that vow was to not cut his hair. He was blessed with strength. I do believe the entire Bible, and as Revelation says "be either hot or cold, if you are lukewarm I spit you out of my mouth" (I might've paraphrased a little) and you, my good sir, are doing a good job at being cold. If you don't feel strongly about Jesus one way or another, you do not know the Jesus I know. When you look at the bible in history, I find everything lines up. Please read case for a creator, as you seem like a reasonable fellow, and put some thought into it. And there is, at one point in the bible where God gives dimensions that add up EXACTLY to pi. And thank you for keeping an open mind, that is a good tool that is hard to maintain. On a separate note, are you atheist or agnostic? If so why? Also read "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist. All the facts in those books have been extensively researched by me, and they are all correct.
Posted by missmedic 2 years ago
missmedic
it rhymes
Posted by mis_missy 2 years ago
mis_missy
Please anyone who sees this comment watch this FULL video and tell me your thoughts:)
It might change your mind after watching it. Its only about 7 min. Shouldn't be that tough:D ThankS!
https://www.youtube.com...
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
WarWorldCJT2K17Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con gave better overall arguments, and Pro ff'd in the last round.