Mason_Tut
Russia_The_almighty

Does God Exist?

Russia_The_almighty

Mason_Tut

Con

I completely believe that god can not be proven. There is no evidence to prove the existence of a creator.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

I wanted a quick debate about this anyways. I believe God exist and I can prove that God likely exists. There will be a shared BoP (Burden of proof). I would begin my arguments now, but I'll wait until you try to prove that God doesn't exist. since you did not provide a definition of God I will do so myself.
god-A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by people thought to control some part of nature or reality.
or
God-A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions

I will assume you mean the second one.
Let me see you see your reasoning before I state mine.
Mason_Tut

Con

God most definitely does not exist, not only for the lack of logical and scientific evidence, but many contradictions with the monotheistic god worshiped throughout society, such as god paradoxes like: "If a being can perform any action, then it should be able to create a task which this being is unable to perform; hence, this being cannot perform all actions. Yet, on the other hand, if this being cannot create a task that it is unable to perform, then there exists something it cannot do." For a being to possess omnipotence and omniscience is impossible.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

There is evidence God exists. There are two things that I can think of immediately that proves God exists to me. Creation and Life. First of all the big bang could have happened since atheists believe that is how creation started. When God said.
"Let there be light" That should cover the big bang since it likely is more likely that a God always existed than a small point that was always there that did the Big Bang.
Life
How does life exist? I forget the name, but this atheist was asked where did life come from, he said aliens placed the first cell of life. ???? Then where did the aliens come from I think. " *silence*"
The universe is also finely tuned to where life can exist. What are the odd that the Sun was able to form with all the planets with one having an atmosphere in the habitable zone and has enough water and gasses to support life? Not good unless you throw God into the equation.
god- the creator and ruler of the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being
Mason_Tut

Con

To address your point about how perfect the universe is for life, that can easily be explained. Evolution allows for species which can survive in whatever environment is instated to live to arise over time. Species are created based on how nature is, they adapt. The sun simply came along because that's how the universe works, solar systems develop constantly, all in the same basic form. Gravity is a universal constant, with all of the factors added, humans happened to be more prosperous in these conditions than other species. If the conditions were any different, other species would have arose. In addition, you completely neglected to respond to my argument regarding the paradoxical nature of omnipotence, please do so.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

I still see no reason why life and the big bang happened without God. Of your previous argument I did refute it. I stated that other definition of God to help show there are different ways people perceive God. Everyone has there own perspective of God. Some agree with different definitions.
You stated nothing defending the big bang and you likely can not since Stephen Hawking likely one of the brightest people ever could not come up with a good reason on how the big bang started withOUT throwing God into the equation. As for life existing you only stated information on evolution which is a theory yet to be proven. Well how did the first life come from? Also the habitable zone is a small region in the solar system where if Earth's distance from the Sun was much different we wouldn't be here.
Scientists say if the universal light speed alone or anything thing else about universal functions were different by so much as 1% the universe simply won't exist.
Praise Jesus Christ and God.
Mason_Tut

Con

We do know how cells were created, when the universe originated, the right conditions just so happend to be perfect for the creation of cells, any other conditions and another form of life may have originated. And perhaps you misunderstood, but if the conditions were different, different types of life would have arose, humans are not the only type of life to possible arise. In addition, evolution has been proven, with fossil record, common fossil structures, DNA and Molecular evidence, and so on. If things were different by one percent, another TYPE of universe could have arose. By saying god created the universe, you're suggesting he is omniscient, as he created everything. So, one again, kindly inform me how omnipotence is not paradoxical, as I previously suggested.Even if god is not [in your opinion] omnipotent, then he couldn't have created everything. Therefor, your christian god must be omnipotent, which is paradoxical.
Russia_The_almighty

Pro

I believe God has unlimited power in every aspect except in creating something he can't do which is something others would agree with. You did not defend the big bang being plausible without GOD. You didn't state on how the first cells of life originated.
Look at this before you say evolution is a fact http://scienceagainstevolution.info...

It's called the THEORY OF evolution for a reason since it hasn't been proven. Even if evolution is true what evidence in the bible is against it besides us not evolving from apes that are still around? Actually if we did evolve than why are there still apes who are not nearly as intelligent as us. Sure they can use tools, but they have never used a weapon. Humans have over 6,500 languages when apes seem to have only one. In conclusion, in my opinion and many others opinions God has unlimited power up to the point were he can't make something he can not do. The Big Bang isn't plausible along with life without factoring God in the equation.
Posted by Mason_Tut 1 year ago
Mason_Tut
You still never refuted my claim that omnipotence is paradoxical
Posted by Russia_The_almighty 1 year ago
Russia_The_almighty
Same
Posted by Mason_Tut 1 year ago
Mason_Tut
Best of luck on the debate.
Vote Placed by tejretics 1 year ago
tejretics
Mason_TutRussia_The_almightyTied
Reasons for voting decision: All of Con's claims were *bare assertions.* Con did not explain how gravity is a constant OR how macroevolution is possible. Also, Pro did not have to address the omnipotence paradox because of the first definition of God: "A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by people thought to control some part of nature or reality." Pro used the only sources.