Does God Exist

1st round: acceptance

2nd round opening statement

3rd round rebuttal

4th round rebuttal

5th round conclusion

Burden of proof is on pro to prove God exists

Thanks I look forward to a good debate

I accept the challenge offered by Kafir 123 to prove that God exists.

Thanks for accepting my Debate. I will first give my arguments why God doesn't exist. But first what do I mean by God? I will be mainly referring to the Jewish, Christian, and Muslim God (Monotheism). If Pro believes in a different god or gods, and has proof for them, I will look into that too.

1. No scientific evidence: No one has proven God exists. No one has captured Him and did tests on Him in the laboratory to prove He exists. No one has seen Him or physical evidence of His existence. If God truly exists and wants us to worship Him, wouldn't he provide credible evidence of His own existence?

2. Infinite Regress: The Main argument people give for God is the cosmological argument, which argues the universe must have a creator, since everything has a creator, therefore God is the Creator of all things.

The problem with this is, this is special pleading. One may ask Who created God? If God doesn't require a Creator, why does the universe?

3. Ultimate Boeing 747 argument: If man made things such as chairs are complex, and are made by more complex human beings, and if as the argument goes, humans and the whole universe is more complex than any man made thing, then a God created all this complexity a theist argues.

But if God is complex enough to Create a whole universe and intelligent life and not only that but is also able to read every mind of the universe telepathically, and do miracles and answer prayers, then He too has a complex design and needs a designer or a Creator.

This creates another infinite regress!

Rather than postulating a Super mind such as God, why couldn't we conjure up a simple entity such as a singularity or colliding membranes to account for the origin of the universe?

Evolution has proven that life evolved from a simple state to a more complex form, so why couldn't the universe or multiverse evolve or have simple origins.

4. Contradictory attributes: Usually God in monotheism is described as omnipotent, omniscient, omnibenevolent, and omnipresent.

Omnipotence means God is all powerful. but is He really "ALL" Powerful, or just powerful?

Can God create another God who is more powerful than Him?

either way if He can or not, He is not "ALL" Powerful, the very definition of omnipotence is self refuting and self contradictory.

We have the same problem with Omniscience. If He know everything then He knows the exact future, now just what could happen, but what WILL happen, so then can He find the omnipotence to change His mind? Another Contradiction.

I will talk about Omnibenevolence in another argument, but his omnipresence is another contradiction. If He is everywhere is He everything? Then that would make us God, but where are our superpowers? Also if He is everywhere is He in the Bathroom too?

Some say He is not everywhere but is specifically located in the sky and He is everywhere in His knowledge.

Well if He is in the sky why can't we see Him in our telescopes? And if He has a specific location, doesn't this limit Him?

Some say He is beyond space and time. This is equivalent to saying He is nowhere and nowhen.

5. Special Pleading: Theists argue everything needs a brain to think except God. Everything needs eyes to see except God. Everything needs ears to hear, except God. Everything needs a mouth to talk, except God, Everything needs hands to create except God, everything needs a body and habitat to live except God, and everything needs a Creator, except God. This is all special pleading.

6. Lack of physicality=non existence: If God is not physical He can't exist. If He is immaterial, He is nothing, if He is spaceless, He is nowhere, and if He is timeless, He is nowhen, and never existed.

7. Problem of Evil: All around us babies are dying, children are starving to death, evil and suffering is happening everywhere.

Evil (my defination would be suffering and pain spread on earth and the universe that we strongly dislike and hurts us) is real.

So if God is all powerful and all loving, why is there evil. 3 possibilities.

1. God is not all powerful,
2. He is not all loving,
3. He doesn't exist.

The fact of evil disproves an all powerful and all loving God.

Now some argue God allows evil.

But why?

The evil on this planet is more than can be bared, and there is no credible evidence of hope at all!

Evil proves God doesn't exist.

8. No evidence for prayer: There have been experiments done on prayer. ";

There is no credible evidence it works.

Try it yourself. There are millions suffering from cancer. Pray they all get cured. It will never work! Pray for a miracle it won't happen. The only time prayer is "answered," is when work is done by us, and things happen they way they would have happened if the person didn't pray at all.

Prayer creates no difference. This is proof there is no God who answers prayers.

Now I have dealt with the Monotheistic God, there are many other gods imagined.

we have the gods of mythology for example.

There is no proof they exist, they are Myths and stories

Some say God is energy, but energy is energy, and there is no proof of intelligent energy.

According to Pantheism the universe is God, but the universe is the universe.

The only gods that could exist, would be super advanced aliens, but then again they could be called super advanced aliens, they aren't necessarily gods.

Now I think I have given good evidence that God or gods of any sort probably do not exist.

I will now let pro give their arguments for the existence of God, and once again the burden of proof is on them not me.

So prove your case pro in this round, so we can analyze both of our arguments in the next round, Thank You,

Further reading:

Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

Here I confine myself to the 2nd round opening statement as designated by Kafir123:

The nature of invisible things is proven by scientific research. We believe water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom because scientists agree on the matter and we respect their opinion even when we cannot repeat their experiments for ourselves. Metaphysical scientists tell us there is a God but we don't have to believe them just as we don't have to believe that water is made up of H2O; But it may be easier for the layman to discern the existence of supernatural forces than to pin down the nature of water.

Pro didn't provide any evidence for God. He just said we can't see atoms therefore we can't see God so God could exist and be unseen like atoms. There is a problem here. First of all everyone knows god could exist. The question is, is there any evidence? I argued there isn't.

Try praying it never works. There is no logical way or scientific way to prove God exists.

The layman can believe in unicorns or fairies that doesn't make them real. So we need to look at physical evidence. Since there is no physical evidence God exists he is no more real than Santa Claus.

I was hoping pro would offer more rich arguments such as Kalam Cosmological Argument but since he didn't use it I have no need to address it.

I have argued good points why God doesn't exist. I look forward to pro addressing them in the next round. Thanks good luck Pro.

With the burden of proof being of more import than rebuttals, I propose the example of 'Authority' and argue that nothing occurs without the permission of the authority. The planning of an occasion is in accord with an authority or it would not play out as planned. Great movements on the world stage are in accordance with an authority thus substantiating the existence of a supernatural regulating force.

Pro did not answer any of my arguments against the existence of God. He says this is due to him having the burden of proof. Very well. He hasn't met the burden of proof either. He has provided Zero evidence for God.

He argues there must be an authority for the universe? Where is his prove. Science isn't about must bes it is about evidence and empirical evidence to be precise. What is the evidence for an authority for the universe? Nothing! What is the evidence for a super natural agent? Again nothing.

People used to think there was a supernatural agent or god behind lightning. We now know this isn't true. We know lightning is a natural phenomenon. Science has proven this.

How does pro know the universe has no authority and is a product of blind chance? Science is speculating on the concept of parallel universes. Our universe could be one of many and each universe might have different laws of physics and ours just happens to be the one fine tuned for life. Now there is no more proof for the multi verse than God, but I would argue it is more likely.

As I mentioned with the ultimate Boeing 747 gambit argument, god, if he exists is a complex entity since he can think, is personal, and can do miracles. This complex design of god means he too must have a creator. This creates an infinite regress. Therefore the ultimate cause of the universe or the unmoved mover as Aristotle called it, must be an impersonal entity rather than a personal entity such as God.

It could be a big bang singularity that created the universe rather than a personal agent such as god. It is also more likely since a singularity is more simple in design than God.

So therefore in this round pro never answered my arguments and never proved the existence of god. Furthermore I took apart his argument of a universal authority.

We will continue our rebuttals in the next round. Thank you and best of luck.

The existence of God is evident in our association despite efforts to the contrary. One may insist that the success of a project lays in the preparations leaving little to chance and that narrow possibility of chance has been addressed by placating the Gods thru ritual and the belief in the use of Talismans. Whatever reason we use to define our continued existence in seemingly hostile environments, we sometimes find ourselves confronted by events that escape our rational attempts to explain them. Belief in God is a sustaining force in the face of overwhelming odds.

I will now demonstrate: My name is Burley David Smith and my address is 20 Little Laurel Rd, Richwood, WV 26261, USA
My phone # is 304-618-2670 and my password to this site is L0llip0p

Conclusion: pro did not provide any evidence for God. He just argued people believe in god. People also believe in fairies but that doesn't make them real. I gave good argument against the existence of God. Pro did not address a single one of arguments. Pro also gave his personal information but I don't know why.

So who gave better arguments? I did. Did pro meet the burden of proof? No he didn't. Vote Con

God is great.
Posted by zacrell 7 months ago
There is proof tho.....
etc... etc.... etc.... there is way more but I just posted a few
Posted by dsjpk5 7 months ago
Since the resolution is a question, BOP should be shared.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 7 months ago
No new Believer SHOULD EVER involve themselves in a one on one debate. The need to SAVE a nonbeliever REQUIRES a soul in total submission to the will of God. Many new what I presume are believers I have seen virtually beginning to question a Faith they have not even had time to embrace, because they were persuaded to argue, logic with a firm (and completely lost) Atheist.
God is not a logic, He is Creator, and does not think like man as is written in the scriptures:

Isaiah 55:7 Let the wicked forsake his way And the unrighteous man his thoughts; And let him return to the LORD, And He will have compassion on him, And to our God, For He will abundantly pardon. 8 "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD. 9 "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts."

New believers are completely unprepared to GIVE true guidance to atheists who are in fact searching for truth, and are only discouraged when presented with partial understandings, poor lack of knowledge of the truths of scripture, and who demonstrate a complete LACK of knowledge for the sciences that make up the world we live in.

Believers MUST be researchers in every way it implies. Because it is WE who MUST determine first and foremost what IS TRUTH, long before we can present said truth in any meaningful way. In most cases they will at best leave the debater with the impression that they are uninformed. The Souls of the Atheist are far too valuable to be left at the mercy of the uninformed. They deserve a true and knowledgeable person who has lived and walked BOTH paths, to fully understand the differences IN the two paths. you see?
Posted by thewiseguy1 7 months ago
Con please understand faith.

To gain access to a better life promised to believe in something without your senses evidence.

The very construction and power of faith is so complex it couldnt of been made up of such dated early humans. Which gives supporting evidence of a creator of somesort.

I think its too perfect and clever to construct together a religion dating back so long ago.

And science only achieves what we are capable of understanding in our own timeline. I do not think we are ready to understand our origins until we evolve in greater wisdom. This is why we cannot proove nor disproove god religion etc....
Posted by canis 7 months ago
Yes. That shows that god is our own simulation....
Posted by Kafir123 7 months ago
Thanks and thanks for the prayers. I will talk to you in more detail after this debate. I was an atheist when I started this debate but now I am seeing evidence for God. I will tell you more after this debate because I want to finish it first and don't want to give away the ultimate proof of god lest my opponent use it in his arguments lol.

I am thinking about doing another debate on God after this and I will take the pro side at that time
and I've not even started to talk about DNA. I think what I'm trying to say is that the question of WHETHER God exist .... is not a question, because He DOES exist. That a large portion of mankind cannot seem to find Him, means only that THEY are unable to find Him, for one reason or another. It does not mean He doesn't exist, because millions HAVE found Him.

God IS sovereign. He is all the dictionary says He is : The Creator and Ruler of the universe and Source of all moral authority; The Supreme being.

Scripture states John 6:44 "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them, and I will raise them up at the last day.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Now to the walking dead out there ....this would suggest a contradiction ..... it isn't.
It means precisely this ..... IF you will seek after God with an open mind and more importantly AN OPEN HEART. God the Father WILL DRAW you too Jesus, and through Jesus you will HAVE access too the Father!

see how easy that was? I will pray for you and will make myself available for any questions as God leads us.

So what must a man do to be saved: Romans 10:8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, "Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame."

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

This MEANS, eternal Life is given to you BY God FOR FREE! It's is a gift because He loves you. Then the real
What is an atom? What are atoms made of?
Atoms are the basic building blocks of ordinary matter. Atoms can join together to form molecules, which in turn form most of the objects around you.

What else is known about the Atom?
intangible: 1.unable to be touched or grasped; not having physical presence:

Think on THIS ONE STATEMENT! If you ponder the REAL meaning behind this statement you'll have all the proof you really need to KNOW God exists.

you see Kafir123; THIS statement is what has, is and WILL continue to baffle the Quantum physicists
of the modern world for quite some time? After reading JUST what I have revealed to you here, can you tell WHY, it bothers quantum physicists?

Quantum physicists call this the ILLUSION OF REALITY. Because the entirety of compounds you touch everyday, are made up of particles that CANNOT BE PHYSICALLY TOUCHED by themselves! That's right, the computer your typing with , reading, cars you drive, planes you fly in the earth you stand on .... all of it, made by Atoms, WHICH are unable to be physically touched ..... BECAUSE .....

definition of the Atom=unable to be touched or grasped; NOT HAVING PHYSICAL PRESENCE:

This is proven scientific data. So your interacting every day with things that according to science you SHOULD NOT be able to touch, yet your touching them?

Remember" God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power? ...... There it is!

Lets take this one step further, shall we? IF everything IS (and it is) made up of Atoms (which in a very real way are not physically present) AND IF they were to release their combination for any reason at all, returning BACK to their singular state, What would REALLY happen, not imaginary, I mean what would REALLY happen to EVERYTHING on earth if the Atoms let go of each other? CORRECT: It would VANISH right before our eyes, wouldn't it?
Now I ask you, is this EASIER to believe than the existence of God?
That's great Kafir123, as God has stated in Romans 1. There it tells you that the evidence of His xistence lies in His creation. What that meansis precisely that. IF you read that scripture in view of determining its meaning, it becomes quite clear. Allow me to demonstrate for you.

Romans 1:19 since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Now to divide this into its meaning so that it becomes understandable understandable.
" because God has made it plain to them." This means IN PLAIN SIGHT of man (capitals are emphasis).

What then IS in plain sight? Life! lets look further ....

"For since the creation of the world God"s invisible qualities"his eternal power and divine nature"

What IS invisible to Man, yet demonstrates awesome power? DNA/Atoms

How dos THIS demonstrate divine nature? Divinity: 1.the state or quality of being divine: Quality: 1.the standard of something as measured against other things of a similar kind; the degree of excellence of something:

The entirety of the Universe began AND exists from THESE TWO ELEMENTS. Allow me to explain;
God in His magnificence and majesty .... Speaks substance. That very literally means that He SPEAKS things into being!

Impossible man claims. For US? yes, For God no.

Simple Definition of atom
: the smallest particle of a substance that can exist by itself or be combined with other atoms to form a molecule
: a very small amount of something
Full Definition of atom
: one of the minute indivisible particles of which according to ancient materialism the universe is composed
: a tiny particle : bit
: the smallest particle of an element that can exist either alone or in combination

Notice "can exist either alone or in combination" reme