Lovely_Alaisha1
Impartial

Does God Exist

Lovely_Alaisha1

Pro

For years everyone has been arguing over if God exists or not and this debate is here now to tell that GOD DOES EXIST he is alive and living you don't have to see him ton know that he's real. Pick up a BIBLE and read please it will ends this ridiculous fight. I know comments are welcome my God our God is Alive just believe because God is Not Dead
Impartial

Con

As you are assuming that a God exists, you have the burden of proof. Please forgive me if you are already aware of this. I suggest you first identify which God, of the many Gods thought up of over the years, you are referring to. Then provide evidence to support your assumption. Remember, the English translation you have of the Bible does not constitute as evidence. By all means refer to it if you want but I will only accept scientific evidence.
Lovely_Alaisha1

Pro

Lovely_Alaisha1 forfeited this round.
Lovely_Alaisha1

Pro

Lovely_Alaisha1 forfeited this round.
Impartial

Con

Impartial forfeited this round.
Lovely_Alaisha1

Pro

Lovely_Alaisha1 forfeited this round.
Impartial

Con

Impartial forfeited this round.
Lovely_Alaisha1

Pro

Lovely_Alaisha1 forfeited this round.
Impartial

Con

Impartial forfeited this round.
Posted by dude100 7 months ago
dude100
as kenny said the bible isn't proof especially since it was written by men. The only thing that was said to be written by god were the ten commandments, and those tablets were lost a long time ago.
Posted by dude100 7 months ago
dude100
The existence of god is a question without an answer. There is no proof that god exists. Logically speaking, all the mathematics point to the idea that God doesn't exist. you're right they are theoretical because they have measurable merit. God is just a hypothesis in that he/she is hypothetical. A fact is a fact, if you drop a rock, it will fall to the ground. We call the force that pulls it gravity. But we don't stop there, we keep poking and prodding for answers and we keep getting more answers to our questions everyday. Does God exist? nobody knows, but all evidence is to the contrary, especially since the discovery of black holes.
Posted by kennykenkenken 7 months ago
kennykenkenken
Idiot. The bible is not proof
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 7 months ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
You can fully explain what omnipotence is but you cannot fully explain an omnipotent being if you are not omnipotent. Just like several areas of science, your suggestions are theoretical and have no full proof. You cannot limit a being that created us to the same logic we apply to ourselves and the physical universe around us. God allows us to come to conclusions but we shouldn't conclude we can be smarter than our creator, just like the things we create as you suggested, are not smarter than us, or to be more accurate are not naturally special. If you are interested in great power that God 'created' you should study the trinity, you wont find anything more powerful.
Posted by dude100 7 months ago
dude100
How do you explain the omnipotence paradox? one might say that god is too powerful to create something more powerful than god, but that doesn't make sense considering humans make things more powerful than ourselves all the time. It's mathematically plausible that an infinitely powerful force could create another infinitely powerful force whose compound interest is faster. In which case the only way God could lift the hypothetical boulder is to sacrifice his infinity, which still wouldn't be enough to lift it.
Posted by dude100 7 months ago
dude100
Stephen hawking published a hypothesis that a universe has the potential to create another universe at least on paper it could happen. If this is true, then a universe which created another universe ect... could've eventually created ours as if all of existence was one giant paradox, and we are just dust blowing in the wind too insignificant to notice.
Posted by Impartial 7 months ago
Impartial
There aren't enough characters so I'm going to start a new topic in the religious forum so we can discuss this properly. I'll copy your last two comments and address each point. I'll call it something imaginative like 'Does God Exist.'
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 7 months ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
If it doesn't have to be logical previous to the big bang then why does God have to be logical to us? I wouldn't say we have no knowledge just that we choose to reject certain knowledge. God is not a being like us, he is not bound by space and time, and is eternal, he is existence itself and did not begin to exist. His existence is not fully fathomable (understandably, because we are not God) debating between different Gods is something I cant get into on a comments section but would be happy to debate. I will say, there is only one God, you cannot have more than one God that would contradict his omnipotence, having more than one God would mean that one of those Gods would know something the other doesn't and vise versa.
Posted by Just-Call-Me-PK 7 months ago
Just-Call-Me-PK
Since you think materialistic proof is needed to explain God and believers are apparently burdened to prove that, can I hear your physical evidence that a baby has no knowledge of theism? ( I don't believe a baby has to have knowledge of theism but you see my point) we cannot fathom the power of God plays in the miracle of a new life, also a baby cannot be an atheist because it cannot be convinced a God doesn't exist, at the very least a baby can be agnostic. Life is about teaching and learning not just as a child but this is why we teach our children/anyone about God, because he instructed us to do that. I can see where you are coming from with the default position but I suggest you re-read my comment on Adam and Eve (the actual default position of the first human beings with souls) where God reveals/teaches his existence directly to them.

I think you mean modern religion not God, God is eternal and not bound by time. Since the physical evidence is of great importance, what evidence do you have to back up your claim that religion has to be a certain age for it to be correct?

I know God exists for a fact, it has been revealed to me because of my persistence in faith. If you don't believe me then that is your issue not mine, you cant tell me what I know or tell me that I don't know something. God is a question of philosophy not science, science is just a method we use to understand the physical world. I would say it is a lie to say God does not exist without knowing 100% and then cop out by saying you don't have to prove it. If you call yourself atheist (convinced God doesn't exist) you have to back it up.

I agree Impartial, something could come from nothing but you are still not providing evidence of how this can happen. We can't be naive to think science MUST prove it or its not true. In your own comments you are answering your own question...
Posted by Impartial 7 months ago
Impartial
I don"t think you understood. A child brought into this world is born without any understanding or awareness of theism, it is therefore an atheist, albeit before it is indoctrinated or somehow grows up enough to choose. This is what I mean when I say the default position is non belief. Just as the default position on fairies and wizards is non belief.

The relatively modern version of God that I referred to is the God of the bible. It has been around less than 1% of the time Homo Sapiens have lived on earth"

Is belief not enough for you? By saying you know God exists, you"re making the mistake of straying into the realm of science. It is a lie to say you know. You think you know. Even if it's true, you don't know that it is.

I find the cosmological argument to be incredibly weak, if not a cop out. The assumption that everything that exists has a cause for its existence, is naive. It ignores the possibility that something can come from nothing. And as illogical as that sounds, why does the moment prior to the big bang have to be logical to us? We have no knowledge so we should assess all possibilities. The cosmological argument latches onto one possibility and goes on to assume that a cause is God. How do you respond when atheists ask you who made God? If he exists then he has a cause too. Surely you realise how convenient it sounds when theists say that their God is uncaused. Why your God, why not one of the many other Gods that preceded him? The argument simply does not address this mental leap that is required to assume that the God you happen to believe in, is that creator of the universe.