Ariesz
Americaspearjade

Does God Exist

Ariesz

Ariesz

Con

Round 1-Acceptance, Round 2-Cases, Round 3-Rebutalls, Round 4-Defense
I will be arguing that God does not exist, while my opponent defends the view of a God existing.
Americaspearjade

Pro

God does exist Jesus Is God
Ariesz

Con

I thank my opponent for accepting. We will be strictly dealing with evidence in this debate.

Which God is right-My opponent has already made it clear that he believes in the Christian God. One of the many reasons that made me become an atheist was the reality of there being too many religions. Each religion believes that there God is the right God, and this rule also applies to Christians who believe like many others believe that there God is the right God. I want to ask my opponent these six questions?
What is the defining difference between the Christian God and other Gods?

Did the Greeks go to hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will middle easterners go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will Chinese people go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will the Japanese go to Hell for believing in the wrong God?

Will I go to hell for believing in the wrong God?

Do you accept the fact that an all loving God would 4 billion people in Hell for believing in a different God?

Inconsistencies-In order for one to prove that there is still any relevance of the Bible in the modern world; one must have to cherry pick verses in order to do so. If my opponent is of the moderate Christian cherry pickers, than he must prove the validity of his actions.

Creation Myth: Creation states if I am correct that the world was created in six days. Creation also states that the first humans were Adam and Eve. Creation also states that Adam and Eve had paradise until they ate the tree of knowledge(because knowledge is a bad thing in religions). These elements in a story are treated as fact in the Bible. This is inconsistent with the modern knowledge that we hold today. Scientists have proved that humans immerged through a process called Evolution. Here are the facts and evidence behind evolution:
-Biological Evolution started 3.7 billion years ago. The world is in fact 3.7 billion years old. It is not 6 days old, or 6 thousand years old.
-One can find evidence of Evolution through the fossil records. These fossil records can show many fascinating things which I will leave in the work cited part of this case. One example of a fossil records is fossils showing the ape's skull gradually changing into a human. This is a remarkable example of the validity of Evolution.
-------------------------------------
The most important part to take away from this is that Creation does have any evidence. Evolution has more evidence than Creation.

Noah's Ark: Noah's Ark is another inconsistency which I do not think I need to go to in depth on. Apparently, what the Bible says is that Noah's Ark held all Animals(Male and Female) He delivered them all safely where they would be able to reproduce. He also had to have polar bears on that ark too. My opponent will have to answer these questions.
1. How did Noah acquire all those animals?
2. Isn't it highly likely that those animals would have killed each other in a natural quest for food?
3. How did Noah built that ark in his time period?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Violent Verses: The Bible carries a lot of violent verses as well. One must have to look at these verses with a human perspective, and doubt the divinity and validity of the Bible:

1. 2 Kings 2:23-24
He [Elisha] went up from there to Bethel; and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, "Go away, baldhead! Go away, baldhead!" When he turned around and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the boys. (NRSV)

2. Exodus 32:27-29
Then he said to them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.' "The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. Then Moses said, "You have been set apart to the LORD today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day."(NIV)

3. Chronicles 25:12
The sons of Judah also captured 10,000 alive and brought them to the top of the cliff and threw them down from the top of the cliff, so that they were all dashed to pieces.(NASB)

4. Judges 12:5-6
Then the Gileadites took the fords of the Jordan against the Ephraimites. Whenever one of the fugitives of Ephraim said, "Let me go over," the men of Gilead would say to him, "Are you an Ephraimite?" When he said, "No" they said to him, "Then say Shibboleth" and he said, "Sibboleth," for he could not pronounce it right. Then they seized him and killed him at the fords of the Jordan. Forty-two thousand of the Ephraimites fell at that time. (NRSV)

5. Deuteronomy 2:32-34
Then Sihon came out against us, he and all his people, unto battle at Jahaz. And Jehovah our God delivered him up before us; and we smote him, and his sons, and all his people. And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed every inhabited city, with the women and the little ones; we left none remaining. (ASV)

6. Hosea 13:16
Samaria shall bear her guilt, because she has rebelled against her God; they shall fall by the sword, their little ones shall be dashed in pieces, and their pregnant women ripped open. (NRSV)

7. Timothy 2:12
A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness. But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet. For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve

Concluding Statements: I believe I have proved that God indeed is inconsistent, irrational, and came from a time period that was barbaric to say the least. I am not trying to attack Christians, because many of them are good people. I am just simply pointing out the errors, inconsistencies, and overall lack of proof of God's existence.

Works Cited:
http://www.christianitydisproved.com...
http://discoverevolution.com...
http://biblehub.com...
http://www.uncommondescent.com...
Americaspearjade

Pro

they need to believe that He died and rose again
Ariesz

Con

You couldn't have made it more obvious that you were a troll. At least try to look legitimate.
Americaspearjade

Pro

Americaspearjade forfeited this round.
Ariesz

Con

7. Timothy 2:12
Americaspearjade

Pro

Americaspearjade forfeited this round.
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
I think I'll debate you,for good fun,and you know since I'm Christian. And you know,we've done debates before.
Posted by canis 7 months ago
canis
No.The alternative would be "yes"...But "no" is what everybody have to start with..
Posted by Ariesz 7 months ago
Ariesz
I knew he would be a troll. I just felt like getting my thoughts about this subject online. Anyone can comment on this debate if they want to debate this subject with me. Yes, GoOrDin I will you.
Posted by GoOrDin 7 months ago
GoOrDin
Pro's a troll. so debate me here Ariesz
explain this claim,

"I believe I have proved that God indeed is inconsistent, irrational," it is a reference you made to your argument.
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
Bruh,that's your F*cking argument...? I quit,wat kind of sh*itty argument is that? Con is gonna get another win. IDC if he's wrong,i'm gonna vote for him.
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
ikr,that was sooooooooooo annyoing for me. I kept spouting evidence everywhere's,because of that,and he still said it wasn't enough. It annoyed me so much because of that. I mean really,only a troll does that.
Posted by ErectileReptile 7 months ago
ErectileReptile
I definitely feel the need to compliment Con on not using the "absence of evidence" argument
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
IK IK,but I'm Christian so I kinda have to side with him
Posted by Yugandda 7 months ago
Yugandda
I think the pro might be a troll, look at past debates
Posted by Jonan4tor 7 months ago
Jonan4tor
Here we go again...also,HI
Vote Placed by SirMaximus 6 months ago
SirMaximus
ArieszAmericaspearjadeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con cited their sources, but Pro did not. For example, Con used biblehub.com to prove that the Bible said what Con claimed that the Bible said. Pro, on the other hand, didn't cite any sources. Therefore, Con wins for reliable sources.
Vote Placed by Heirio 6 months ago
Heirio
ArieszAmericaspearjadeTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con used the most sources, and since the topic surrounding those sources was God's nature, the sources were reliable. Pro provided no sources. Con gets the point. For conduct, Pro forfeited more than once. For convincing arguments, Con used science to disprove certain parts of the Bible, calling into question its reliability as a record of fact. This science was supported by evidence, such as the fossil record. Pro didn't even try to respond to these and made baseless claims.