Betsy123
SwepicSwag

Does God approve same sex marriage? (Evidence from the Bible)

Betsy123

Con

Does God approve same-sex marriage?
No, at all God does not approve same-sex marriage. According to the Bible in Romans 1 26-27 it says ' And there came two angels to Sodom at evening, and Lot sat in the gate of Sodom. And Lot, seeing them, rose up to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground;
2 and he said, "Behold now, my lords, turn in, I pray you, into your servant"s house and tarry all night, and wash your feet, and ye shall rise up early and go on your ways." And they said, "Nay, but we will remain in the street all night."
3 And he pressed upon them greatly, and they turned in unto him and entered into his house; and he made them a feast and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.
4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom " both young and old, all the people from every quarter "compassed the house around.
5 And they called unto Lot and said unto him, "Where are the men who came in to thee this night? Bring them out unto us, that we may know them."
6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him
7 and said, "I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.
8 Behold now, I have two daughters who have not known a man. Let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes. Only unto these men do nothing, for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof."
9 And they said, "Stand back." And they said again, "This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will become a judge! Now will we deal worse with thee than with them." And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
10 But the men put forth their hands, and pulled Lot into the house to them, and shut the door.
11 And they smote the men who were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they wearied themselves to find the door.
12 And the men said unto Lot, "Hast thou here any besides? Soninlaw, and thy sons, and thy daughters, and whomsoever thou hast in the city " bring them out of this place.
13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them has waxed great before the face of the Lord, and the Lord hath sent us to destroy it."
14 And Lot went out and spoke unto his sons-in-law, who married his daughters, and said, "Up, get ye out of this place; for the Lord will destroy this city!" But he seemed as one who mocked unto his sons-in-law.' Here we see that homosexuality is an unnatural abomination to God.
SwepicSwag

Pro

First of all the world has changed in thousands of years. The bible said if you lie your tongue should be cut off. It said if you stole your hand should be cut off. Does that happen now? Well l guess l just won in the first round.
Betsy123

Con

You said 'The bible said if you lie your tongue should be cut off. It said if you stole your hand should be cut off. Does that happen now? Well l guess l just won in the first round.' well, you are so wrong. The Bible is talking about something really different and you are looking that question in a logical thought, you ask yourself 'How can I cut my hand off?' but when you ask God to open your mind, you see that the Bible does not say to literally cut your hand off. I believe that is on Mathew 5:30. Anyway, you also, said 'First of all the world has changed in thousands of years.' and that is true, but the Bible says on Mathew 24:35 'Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.' this means that everything will change except God Almighty's words. You need to understand the Bible better. I suggest you ask God to open your mind, so you can understand what God really means. The Bible says on Jeremiah 33:3 '"Call unto Me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."'
SwepicSwag

Pro

SwepicSwag forfeited this round.
Betsy123

Con

I guess I won!
SwepicSwag

Pro

SwepicSwag forfeited this round.
Betsy123

Con

Betsy123 forfeited this round.
SwepicSwag

Pro

SwepicSwag forfeited this round.
Betsy123

Con

Betsy123 forfeited this round.
SwepicSwag

Pro

SwepicSwag forfeited this round.
Posted by Betsy123 1 year ago
Betsy123
God made man and women, but as the Bible says in Romans 3:23 'For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus.' The only way to overcome a sinful nature, including homosexuality , is by the power of Jesus Christ. Only Jesus can cleanse a heart full of sin and live strongly in it. The Bible also says in Deuteronomy 30:19 ' I call heaven and earth to record this day against you that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live.' This means, that God has let us choose life or death and, doing such abomination like homosexuality is death because the Bible says on Revelation 21:8 'But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers,and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." This are all abominations to God including, Homosexuality. God did not made them gays, God is Holy.
Posted by BBGun 1 year ago
BBGun
If God disapproves of gays, why did he make so many of them?
Posted by Betsy123 1 year ago
Betsy123
@BBGun I am against that God approves same-sex marriage, meaning that God does not approve same-sex marriage.
Posted by logicinlife 1 year ago
logicinlife
So far, Betsy has displayed that she needs to work on her debate skills....and she didn't even come remotely close to adequately explaining the parable that Pro used against her..
Posted by Colin_Conway 1 year ago
Colin_Conway
It's funny because this is basically an argument between a scientist and a zealous Christian.
Posted by logicinlife 1 year ago
logicinlife
Betsy, in your opening statement you say you are quoting Romans, but you really quoted Genesis 19-. Just a heads up.
Posted by BBGun 1 year ago
BBGun
To be clear, you will be arguing that God DOES approve of homosexual sex?