TheCuriousAustin1715
CheetoGo

Does God exist ?

TheCuriousAustin1715

Con

I believe that God does not exist because if he/she does then why would it create skeptics? Why would God want me to doubt his existence ? If i am His creation then why would he want me to not believe in Him? And the only conceivable way to grasp his existence is through faith. Faith itself is a concept that is built on trust but as an atheist how can i trust in an entity that has no proof of existence.
CheetoGo

Pro

The Lord does want you to believe in him. But he still loves you. He is not forcing the world to believe in him? Would you enjoy a world where you are forced into faith. He gave us a will to choose and I chose yes. He created this world and said, "I don't want to force people to believe, and if they choose yes, they will have eternal life in heaven."
TheCuriousAustin1715

Con

But the question still remains whether his existence is real or not? The Bible was "written" therefore a human conduit was required to create the Bible in the first place. If the Bible was written in the 21st century wouldn't it be considered as a story. If God created us then why do we have scientific proof that we descended from evolution. The descriptions of Earth at the final day of creation in the Bible are not even close to the scientific explanations, which hold true today.
CheetoGo

Pro

The only problem with tat is people do believe, people are here that know God is real. Take Ur, the ancient Sumerian city, its in the bible. My hypothesis on skeptics: God created skeptics to test the believer's faith. About, the Bible being written by a human. The lord again is testing our faith. Why would God test our faith? For us to test ourselves if WE truly believe.
TheCuriousAustin1715

Con

TheCuriousAustin1715 forfeited this round.
CheetoGo

Pro

CheetoGo forfeited this round.
TheCuriousAustin1715

Con

CheetoGo

Pro

CheetoGo forfeited this round.
TheCuriousAustin1715

Con

CheetoGo

Pro

CheetoGo forfeited this round.
Posted by TheCuriousAustin1715 2 years ago
TheCuriousAustin1715
I really hope you get what im trying to say.... :/
TheCuriousAustin1715
Thank You Squidward for your reply !! :D its quite refreshing to hear your opinions and arguments. In response to your question would be that evil according to me something that is required to understand the concept of being good. However both Evil and Goodness are supposedly two opposing qualities but with respect to various perspectives they could hold a myriad of meanings. But Good universally means and action or notion of inducing a positive effect eg: love, laughter,etc. But what i originally meant to argue on was not the existence of a creator/designer but the existence of an idea created by man whom we idolize as "God". As i have had many personal encounters with individuals from varied religions and often pondered as to why is it so important for us to create divided personalities and call Him God. I completely agree with you that a Demiurge or The Designer is responsible for our existence but i am against the fact that we personify that being and in turn we give birth to 'God". So I believe in the existence of a Demiurge but not "God".
Posted by squidward97 2 years ago
squidward97
There a ton of plausible reasons for a belief in God. Faith does not mean "believing blindly."
one argument is the cosmological argument which is a deductive syllogism
1)everything that begins to exist has a cause - this is shown in the Law of Causality. Something cannot make itself come into existence. For example, I did not make myself exist, my parents conceived me. This is mostly able to be observed through observation
2)the universe had a beginning - shown through multiple things like - 1) the big bang theory, even atheists suggest the universe had a beginning. But my question is where did things that caused the explosion come from? They can't make themselves exist. Its impossible. 2) the universe is continually expanding (shown in how starlight appears red through a spectrosphere) - meaning there had to be starting point. If we rewind history, the universe should collapse into nothing
3) therefore it had a cause.

Since something cannot move, change, or exist without a cause, God must be immovable, unchangeable, and uncaused. Many people wonder what made God, but in reality, God just is. Existence is an attribute of God that he passes down to everything he creates.

I have two more arguments that are pretty solid if you would want to hear them. I would probably tell you the moral argument next, but I need to know whether you consider yourself a moral relativist (morals are relative to each person) or absolutist (there are universal morals that apply to all men). from what i have seen so far, it appears that you are an absolutist because you think it is evil for God to allow people to be skeptics. But let me ask you this - what is evil? I would love to know your definition.

This is mine: evil is the lack of good. But how do we know what is good? Where do we get the standard of "good" from?

I just want to say that if anything comes off as disrespectful in this argument, I fully apologize. I mean to be as polite as I can be. With love, squidward97
TheCuriousAustin1715
The thought of God itself is a manifestation of what we would deem to be a creator or a supreme being. Hence we created God to control ourselves, i actually prefer spirituality over religion because spirituality is more concerned with the well being of your own soul rather than worrying about the rituals and Gods of a religion.
TheCuriousAustin1715
I agree with Commondebater
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
God himself is a faith being. He creates by faith. And he saw man needed to be recreated in the inner man. The spirit of a man.Seeing is not believing in the world of the spirit.He sent Jesus to walk as a man.Jesus did not do ordinary man things.He healed the sick, raised the dead, stilled the storms with words.And yet many people did not believe that he was from God.And even killed him because they did not believe. But he did not stay dead. Because faith raised him from the dead. And for God to raise us from the law of death that all men are born with.Faith is the only thing that will cause a spiritual action like that. Faith is believing without seeing. That is why Jesus left here after he was raised from the dead just as soon as he gave instructions to those who were already his. 500 of them.

Even out of those 500, only 120 showed up on the day of Pentecost.Because faith comes only one way.By hearing , and hearing by the word of God.That is why God gave us his word. To give us his word to believe.And faith will reach into the unseen world of the spirit and draw the new birth.

Now that is why the bible says God does not show himself.He could walk up to you, tap you on the shoulder and tell you Jesus was raised from the dead. And you will only believe it because he appeared to you. And that will not last long. Your old carnal mind will convince you he was just an alien or something.That is why religions who have statues have a very shallow outlook on the bible.
Posted by Commondebator 2 years ago
Commondebator
Hmm"If god is a form of an idea, then that means if an idea exists, god must exist. Not the physical form at least. Im not sure if I should accept this debate. I am an atheist"god exists as an idea, but not in physical form. God exists, but we created god.